Status: Active

For the Love of Mars...

Leaving...

I woke up next to my best friend again its not like its something thats never happened before or will never happen again, but just lately its been different. For some reason recently when i wake up with him beside me it kills me not to be able to reach over and just stroke my hand down that perfect chest of his. Yes i don’t get to see him often but even when i don’t see him in person i still see him everywhere i go. Maybe i should explain what i’m talking about.

Okay so my best friend is famous, really famous that’s how come i see him everywhere even when he’s not with me. His name ... well you just might know him, his name is Jared Leto. Yes that’s right i am best friends with the one and only Jared Leto of 30 Seconds To Mars. Well i’m actually friends with all of the guys from the band, but Jared and I have been friends for the longest and we just seemed to connect. We were so alike and yet so different at the same time. As the years past our friendship went from strength to strength. I know i said its been just recently that i have been feeling different about Jared but if i’m being honest with myself then i’ve been slowly falling in love with the man over the past 2 or 3 years. I know that nothing can ever happen between the 2 of us i mean most of the time we live over 5000 miles apart so it wouldn’t really be practical but also why would he want me when he could have any woman in the world. He comes to stay with me for a few days when they are touring the UK or sometimes when they have a break in tour or they’re not doing anything he’ll come and stay with me for as long as he can, sometimes he brings his brother Shannon and their friend/band mate Tomo. Plus he has never and will never see me as anything more than a friend.
‘Danielle, why are you staring at me like that?’ Jared asked me as he cracked open one of his eyes and looked in my direction.
‘I’m not staring at you i just happen to be looking in your direction while i’m staring into space and thinking.’ I lied hopefully convincingly. ‘Careful Jared if your head gets any bigger it wont fit through the bedroom door.’ I grinned at him knowing that he wouldn’t really appreciate that comment.
‘Well i think thats a load of rubbish and if its not then you can tell me what you were thinking of. Also my head is not big nor getting any bigger so you can just shut up Miss. Decker.’ He replied whilst playfully poking me in the ribs.
‘Its not a load of rubbish actually i am thinking about a guy, a very special guy actually.’ I smiled knowing that this time not a single word of it was a lie.
‘Oh and here was me hoping that you were staring at me.’ He said with mock disappointment. ‘So would madame like a cup of coffee in bed?’
‘Now that most definitely sounds like something i would like right now.’ I had a great big smile on my face, every time he stays at my place or i stay at his he always makes me a cup of coffee in bed and sometimes when he feels like treating me i get pancakes too. Now that is a best friend.

We sat in bed for almost half an hour with our coffee’s just chatting away. I couldn’t believe he would be leaving tomorrow. I know he has been here for almost a week now but it just doesn’t seem long enough, especially when it had been 6 months since the last time i had seen him. I’d missed him like hell until i got that phone call last week telling me he had landed at birmingham airport and he would be at my flat in just under an hour. We had done so much during the week. Cinema, Bowling, we had gone to Skegness and played mini golf looked around all the souvenir shops and bought stupid presents for Shannon and Tomo. It still didn’t seem long enough though.
‘So, i haven’t asked yet but hows work going?’ He questioned turning his body slightly more to face me.
‘Well actually my school got closed down about 2 weeks ago, something about environmental reasons. So i figured i’d just get a job in a shop or something until after next summer. There aren’t any schools within 100 miles of here that are taking on teachers until then so i figured i’d just wait it out. So i thought id just enjoy a couple of weeks off with the pay that they are giving me until i look for a job.’ I smiled disappointedly, I loved that job and Jared knew that. I’d been working there for a little over 2 years now and it broke my heart when the school was shut down.
‘Really? That’s terrible i’m so sorry Danielle i know how much you enjoyed that job. Although you know the saying about every cloud having a silver lining?’ He looked very deep in thought as he was saying this.
‘Yeah i know the saying, what about it?’ I was very confused as to what he meant.
‘Well, you can say no if you want but you know the guys and i are starting the tour up again tomorrow, well we’re going to London and then France etc. What do you think about coming with us if you have nothing to do?’ He turned completely now to face me looking into my eyes intently.
‘Seriously? Cause i cant think of anything better than spending a few weeks touring with my best friends.‘ I replied trying to keep calm but my mind didn’t agree. My mind wanted me to go insane and start jumping around the room.
‘Well i obviously can’t speak for the others, but i cant think of anything better either.‘ He grinned at me.
‘Yay thank you so much Jared. Only can you call the guys and check its okay with them cause i don’t want to impose if they don’t want me there, i’ll understand and please don’t try to guilt trip them into it.‘ I asked praying to whoever was listening that they would agree and want me there too.
‘Sure i will hun‘ and with that he was immediately grabbing his phone off the bed side table, finding Shannon and calling. He set the phone to speaker and put it between us.
Shannon answered on the third ring.
‘Hey Shan is Tomo with you?’ Jared asked i stayed quiet i didn’t want him to say yes just cause i was there.
‘Yeah he is, did you want me to put you on speaker?’ Shannon answered.
‘Please bro.’ Jared responded while looking over to me and smiling a big cheek splitting smile.
‘Hi Jared, hows Danielle?’ Tomo asked as soon as speaker phone was on. This made me smile that he asked Tomo was like one of them really adorable but childish best friends that everyone wants.
‘She’s fine thanks Tomo, well apart from the fact her school got shut down and she’s now out of a job until next summer.’ Jared gave me a sympathetic smile as he said this.
‘Shit tell her i’m sorry will you?’ Tomo said.
‘Yeah and from me too.’ Shannon piped up. It was sweet knowing that the cared like that.
‘Well that’s why i’m calling actually, i was wondering what you thought to her coming on tour with us?’ We waited for there reaction which was immediate but seemed like a century to me.
‘Oh awesome bro thats perfect.’ I recognised Shannon’s voice.
‘Fucking epic idea Jared is she coming tomorrow?’ Tomo asked sounding like an overly excited child. Jared nodded a yes and i stepped in.
‘Yeah if you guys don’t mind?‘ i replied.
‘Danielle of course we don’t mind we cant wait, Tomo’s already gone off to buy you a massive cake.‘ Shannon sounded really excited. I couldn’t wait to see them again it had been too long and Shannon was like a cross between a big brother for me and a big teddy bear.
‘Yay I can’t wait to see you guys i’m going to go and pack like right now see you tomorrow Shanimal.‘ I shouted the goodbye while jumping off the bed and running to the airing cupboard where my suitcase was kept.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, please comment and tell me what you think and tell me if there are any mistakes.
Thanks for reading.