Sequel: Unsure

Invisibility

Chapter Thrity-Seven


Liz woke up the next morning. The stuffed bear was on the ground and Gerard was at her side. God, Car's gonna freak when I tell her he keeps sleeping in my bed. She thought.

She looked over at the window. It was still dark. Not knowing exactly what had woken her up she looked around somemore. She saw the same misty light she had seen that night at the dinner table.

"Jim?" she whispered. It disappeared. I have to tell Gee.

She turned around and saw Gerard peacfully asleep. She hated to wake him up but she knew he would understand.

"Gerard? Gerard." She whispered.

He rolled over and faced her moaning and tired. "Huh, wha-?"

"Are you awake?" She asked.

Gerard blinked a few times and sat up. "I think, I think I am now." He said. "What's wrong?"

"Gee, I think I saw my step-dad's ghost." Liz plainly said.

"What?"

"Jim, I think I saw his ghost. Something woke me up and I looked around and I saw it. Or him. I don't know." She had a worried look on her face. "Do you think he's back for revenge? He might be-"

Gerard cut her off and placed a fingor on her lip to silence her. "Shhh. no one's going to kill you. Especially you're step-father's ghost. Just, please go back to sleep."

"DO you think it's him?"

"Maybe. I believe you though. You probably wouldn't have woken me up for nothing. I trust you enough."

"Thank you. My mom would have called me crazy and went on with her life." Liz hugged him a layed back down.

"Goodnight Angel." Gerard said with a yawn.

"Goodnight." Liz said and fell asleep quickly.