Status: not as scary as i want it

Halloween Party

Halloween Party

The night was young and everyone was having fun. It was Halloween and everyone in town was partying up at the old mansion on the hill. It was an old mansion, preserved as a historical home, where the first mayor lived. Here is where the party took place. Streamers and spider webs hung from doors and fog covered the floor, making everyone look like they were float above the floor as they went from room to room, chatting with friends and scaring others.

Everyone was having fun, singing along to the old cheesy Halloween songs and dancing as if there was no tomorrow. Walking through the halls were vampires and witches and fairies and werewolves, animals and zombies. The Halloween spirit was evidently present in this small town and no one was going to worry about anything. That is until it happened.

Suddenly, as everyone was at the peak of their party, the lights went out. Screams filled the air, terror rising in the minds of everyone. People ran around rampant, trying to find their way out.

“The doors are locked! Someone find the lights, now!” someone screamed. Everyone became anxious, looking for ways to get out. They all got crazy, running around, pushing everyone out of the way.

A thunderous thumping noise echoed through the mansion, silencing the screams. Everyone froze, terrified. The thumping continued, slowly and heavily. Thump. Thump.
Thump.

In the dark a low chuckling rose, chilling those in the mansion to the bone.
In the distance, an owl’s coo resonated, rolling over the night like a wave. Shivers ran through everyone. A crack of lightning ripped through the air, lighting up the rooms. A shrill shriek broke the silence, followed but loud footsteps coming from the second floor.

“Help! There’s something here!” a shrill voice screamed for everyone to hear. Again, a shrill shriek broke through the still air and then everything was again quiet. With great caution, someone started up the stairs.

“What are you doing?” someone exclaimed.

“I’m going to go see what happened. I mean, what could go wrong? It’s not like there’s some monster or anything,” he said, chuckling anxiously. Nervously, he climbed the stairs slowly.
When he got to the top of the stairs, those who saw what was happening froze where they were.
Some were on the floor, their knees having lost their strength. Others were inching closer to the stairs, slowly and discretely.

When the boy who had went up to see what was wrong reached the girl who had screamed, he yelled out in horror. The girl had been staring up at a horrible figure, barely visible in the darkness that enveloped the mansion. The figure was large and grotesque, heaving deeply.

The moonlight revealed the figure’s sharp teeth, which grew in multiple rows and grew in lengths of different sizes. On its chest was a shiny badge that signified status in the town.

The figure let out a low growl, rumbling in a low decibel. Slowly, the boy backed up, trembling as he stepped backwards toward the stairs. When he reached the stairs, he tumbled down screaming as he shared with the others what he had witnessed.

Everyone screamed, scrambling to find a hiding spot as the creature roared in anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
please note that this is a school assignment and i had limited amount of things that i was able to write for it to be appropriate for school. enjoyed?