Status: er

Thomas

thomas the lonely

Thomas.

He’s the kid with dirty blonde hair and greenest eyes you’ll ever see. He’s got the nicest smile and the most perfect teeth. He’s the kid with great grades and a better than some social life. He’s the kid you go to when everything sucks and he offers solutions. He’s the best person you’ll ever meet.

Unfortunately, you’ll never meet Thomas.

Last year, Thomas went crazy. Thomas broke into his dad’s hunting cabinet and shot his family. His little sister Emily was playing Barbie’s in her room with her imaginary friend Lillian. Dead.

His parents were doing crosswords in their bed, laughing. Dead.

His little brother Bobby was watching t.v in the den, while talking on the phone with his new girlfriend, Sandra. Dead.

You’d never expect this of Thomas. He was the greatest person. He truly was. No one really got to know Thomas that well. No one really bothered to ask Thomas how he was doing.

They found Thomas in his closet holding the yearbook. It was ripped and destroyed, like some monster was released on it. And in some way, one was. He wasn’t alive, either. Thomas killed himself.

He’s the kid whom people talk about in hushed tones in between church. He’s the kid other’s relate to. He’s the kid no one listened to.

Thomas regurgitated everything people threw at him onto his walls and crossed it out and stumbled. Nothing can erase what happened. It’s a part of us now.

Remember Thomas, the Lone.