Status: NEEDS REWRITING

***NEED WORK

Chapter 1: What Did I Do Now?

Footsteps echoed down the alleyway as Mivian slipped through the shadows of the vacant ghost town. The mist was thickening and swirling slowly in the dark, reaching out and grabbing at the edges of her trench coat. The cold night air was heavy and damp, chilling her to the bone and sticking to her skin. The dark, still atmosphere of the whole place sent ripples down her spine as she snuck close to the only exit of the alley.

Mivian stopped and peered around the corner. Not a single soul roamed the main street.
Well, not a single living soul, at least.
She pressed her back against the cold damp wall, her eyes searching for any sort of movement in the depth of the shadows. The fog was settling on the empty street, concealing the black, glistening pavement. Mivian breathed out slowly, her breath escaping her lips silently in a curling stream of white. Gingerly, she let her fingers trace the pistol secured at her waist. It sat there, the weight of the cold metal and polished bone pressing into her hip, applying a comforting pressure on her skin. Belted to her right thigh was a silver dagger, glinting menacingly in the moonlight. She smirked to herself slightly and licked her lips. It was a regular routine mission, only placed as Lower Rank: Class 2 – Patrolling. But that didn't mean she was completely safe from the thirst of the bloodkins that roamed amongst The Living.

"So, BloodJack, why don't you come find me?" she murmured.

It has been a while since she got to step out to this world and she wanted excitement. Mivian stepped out of the shadows, her feet clapping against the cracked pavement. She looked around, her senses sharp, daring anything to challenge her reflexes. She searched through the dense fog, not sensing any movement around her whatsoever.

She waited...and waited...
Moments passed with no difference.

Disappointment flooded through her and she let out an exasperated sigh. She’d been out here for almost three hours, yet there was not a single hint of mishap.
'What, not hungry tonight either, eh?' she thought.

She turned back, irritation creeping inside of her. She spat on the ground as she walked and took a deep breath.

Closing her eyes, she brought her right hand up, her palm facing forward. Despite the irritation boiling inside of her she managed to clear her mind and focus on her Energy Point.

"East, Guardian of the Third Gate, Creature of Water. I call upon thee with Purity, guide me through Chaos and reveal The Unknown," she murmured, as she felt warmth seeping from her open palm.

The fog seemed to lift some and the air seemed to take on a new light. Mivian felt her hair stand on its end as she felt energy pulling at her skin. Suddenly, the view in front of her melted away and streams of light leaked through. It spread, touching Mivian's outstretched arm and slowly started to make its way up her arm with warm, gentle touch. East Portal was opened.

"I'm out of this hell hole," she said more to herself as she was swallowed in a flash of light.
Then she was gone.

One moment ago, she was still in the world of The Living. By the next, when she opened her eyes, she was in a warm, brightly-lit dome room that seemed to be welcoming her. Behind her was a white, marble wall with a carving of a large gateway threshold carved into it. It gave a final glow before settling back into the cold smooth stone.

'Home, Sweet home,' she thought dully as she walked away from the Third Gate.

Mivian swiftly made her way past the other Divine Gates, out the Court of Legacies and into Galiasis, Dimension of the Immortals.

Her home...

She have been living in Galiasis for more than five centuries, yet, the view of the Immortal dimension still manage to take effect on her.
She breathed in the fresh, sweet air as she took in the great views from the top peak where the Divine Gates where located.
She took in with awe a cluster of glacier like skyscrapers towering like claws in the far distance, the mighty mountains surrounding Stranaglastre, a city-state in Galiasis.

The streets of the city were lit, all intertwined in a intricate web of routes. Then her eyes landed on the center of web---a whole grouping of shimmering-white towers surrounded by a vast field, separating the towers from the common dwellings of the city-state. In the middle of it all, stood the headquarters of the Four Gates Guardian Union, her home.

Mivian sighed tiredly. She was about to make her way down toward the headquarters when she spotted a pale, pearl-colored orb gliding towards her. She groaned inwardly to herself. Just when she was feeling better. She contemplated simply ignoring it, but thought better of it. Mivian raised her palm up to the orb as it approached, taking it in her hand.

At the moment of contact with her skin, the orb seemed to dissolve, turning into dust. It pulsed light in a slow rhythm, humming dimly, then dissolved fully into dust before all traces of its existence disappeared. Mivian rolled her eyes in annoyance. She knew the light pattern of the orb by heart; she had been getting it almost every day. There was no need to decipher the code.

"...an urgent order of summons from the Four Gates Guardian Union for Ms. Mivian. Present thyself before thy Elders promptly after your return from the Living World. MANDATORY summons..."

Mivian looked up at the six moons of Galiasis in the sun falling sky.

"Vardavit..." she swore in her ancient tongue.
"What did I do now?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter...I know, it's short. But it's only the beginning.
I want to give a special thanks to Audrey T. for taking her time to thoroughly edit this chapter!!
Enjoy!! Tell me what you think!!