Status: NEEDS REWRITING

***NEED WORK

Chapter 2: What A Lucky Day...

The Paramount Towers served as more than just the headquarters of the Four Gates Guardians---the Slayer Union. Located at the center of Stranaglastre, it was its capital as well as its ultimate defense. It was also one of the major Checkpoints in Galiasis that watched over the two dimensions, the Living and the Immortal. All Slayers of the Union, the Guardians, resided in a small section of the clustered skyscrapers. The Paramount Towers of Stranaglastre were more like a city-within-a city rather than a mere headquarter.

To Mivian, it was her home since she was first taken in to undergo training at the Institution.
Mivian glared up at the magnificent structures of the Paramount. Close up, is was even more beautiful yet at the same time very intimidating. But in the mood she was in at that particular moment, she felt as if she could reduce it to a massive pile of rubble with one hit. She dared anything to just look down at her as an inferior. She was not in a great mood, and the way the towers were making her feel wasn't doing much to improve it.

Swiftly, she stalked through the main gates and up the many steps leading to what seemed like an empty room. Without hesitation, she continued into the dark vacant space, not bothering to silence her angry steps. The only source of light came from the center of the room, where a beacon of light poured through a large hole in the ceiling far up. In the middle of the light was a crystal pedestal. Mivian approached it, stepping into the light as she tugged at a thin chain that was tucked under the collar of her gear, producing a small Keeper. She pulled it off and held the charm in her right hand. Light was reflecting off the crystal, its flawless surfaces shining in different angles and spectrum. The top of the pedestal was flat with a Ward cast upon it, the spell engraved in the clear, cold stone. She slipped her right hand over the Ward and the crystal started to glow.

"North Wing, Elders' Hall," she instructed, a cool, tingling sensation shot through her right arm.

The last thing she remembered was the hushed sound of wind before everything went white...

Her feet found the floor before she regained her vision. Mivian landed gracefully on the light blue marble floor. She took a moment before she took a step forward, waiting for her senses to catch up from the teleportation. She found herself in a wide room, tall great columns holding up the ceiling high up above her. The sky was still the light purplish tint of sun fall with one of the six moons showing faintly in the sky that showed through the glass paneling of the ceiling. But the extravagant room seemed to illuminate clear white. Mivian walked another couple of steps down the Elders Hall, suddenly remembering she was in a nasty mood.

"OYE!!" she hollered down the giant hall, irritation clear in her voice.

Her voice filled the hall, but no one answered. If they were going to make her day worse, well she can play the same game.

"HEY!! Have you people finally gone deaf!?"

No response.

Growling to herself about old people and retirement, she literally stomped down all the way to the end of the Elders' Hall. There was a porcelain-white desk surrounded by throne-like chairs at the end, and behind it was a ceiling-to-floor window, viewing a beautiful scene of a glistening lake and an infinite waterfall going over a cliff. In any other situation, she would've stopped to take a moment to enjoy the view.
But yet again, she was not in the mood.

She came closer to the desk---and discovered it was empty. She almost went berserk.

"ARGGGHH!!" she roared out. "You people have some nerve dragging me up here when I'm tired and not even bothering to show up!"

She paused for a second, as if to see if someone would scream back.
"Hey, you set up the meeting! You haul your ass in here!"

When no reply came, she cursed loudly.

Fed up, Mivian swung her foot around, kicking the corner of the desk. It made a low thud but no apparent damage to the desk itself. Pain shot through her leg and she hobbled in pain, yowling. She managed to reach a big one-seat couch opposite to the desk before she collapsed into it, her legs propped up on the armrest. The pain was pulsing up and down her leg, making it throb.

"...ghaah...Vardavit..." she managed to curse in a pathetic wail.

"I cannot say I am pleased to hear such vulgar, foul language from such a sweet young lady, Mivian," a male voice came from behind the chair.

Mivian scowled and rolled her eyes. She could recognize that wise stern tone anywhere.
"Chief Elder Ravador, joyous..." she muttered under her breath.

She then turned, holding her chin up proudly and boldly, letting her irritation be known.

I'll show you sweet, she thought as she glared at the tall, white haired and ancient, yet enternally young man, glided pass her and and settled himself behind the desk. She gave him a rude, wide, toothy grin and made it as fake as she could. She batted her lashes and clapped her hands together, her fingers folded together.

"Sir Ravador! Don't you look twenty centuries younger...Now, what the hell did I do now?" she retorted angrily, immediately dropping her act.

Ravador looked up, giving her a warning glance. Not that she was planning on backing down anyway. He gave a fatigued sigh and looked at her with wise eyes.

"Surely, you know..." his ancient voice rang strongly.

"No actually, do enlighten me there...maybe with one of those great lectures I get... I find them quite charming." she shot back.

She earned another glare.

"Be warned; that restless tongue of yours would soon be your downfall. But never mind that now," Ravadaor said, clearing his throat.

Mivian waited, her fingers playing with her dagger, still belted to her side.
He continued on.
"You did not follow the orders given specifically for this mission," he simply stated. "You were to go with a partner."

Mivian stared at her Chief Elder incredulously. A partner? On a Class #2?

Patrolling was solo missions; after all, it was the second easiest mission in rank. Plus, she made it clear that she worked solo the last time she was put with a partner. It only took Mivian her attitude to ward off this fellow Angel Guard and reduce him into a stuttering ape. She did feel terrible afterwards but she wouldn't dare admit that to the Chief. She snorted at the idea of partners on a patrol.

"It was a Class 2: Patrol. Surely, this is a mistake." she reasoned, only to be cut off by Ravador.
"No mistake. The area you went to was a location where many supernatural sightings and disappearances of human were reported. The last victim was found half devoured," he said.

"But that doesn't mean anything. Patrol is patrol. Anyway, there wasn't anything left there to patrol. It was a ghost town." Mivian argued.

Elder Chief Ravador looked a bit alarmed by this discovery. He stared at Mivian intently, studying her to see if she was lying. He seemed to ponder about his next move.

Mivian on the other hand was rather sick of the intensity of his gaze and spoke up again.
"Is that a problem?"

"How long ago do you think it was abandoned?" he inquired suddenly.

Mivian blinked, not seeing what he was getting at.
"The town? Hm....I think it's safe to say about...six months ago?" she answered, confused at this question.

Ravador recovered from his deep thought and came back to the original topic.
"Anyways...Partners?" he asked as if he was offering choices.

Mivian scoffed.
"You of all people know that I'm fine without them; I prefer to work alone...Now, if you'll excuse me..." she said, jumping over the back of the chair and hoping to escape while he was distracted.

But no such luck.

"Mivian," Ravador called.

She froze on the spot but didn't turn back.

"Remember your Rights and Oath as a Slayer." he warned.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Mivan demanded.

Sir Ravador smiled calmly to himself, leaning back in his chair.
"Behave yourself." he said.

Mivian let the words hang in the air before she teleported out of sight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Mivian walked briskly down the long hallway, her mood haven't really improved. Her foot still throbbed slightly, but she was able to ignore it.
That old geezer she thought darkly. 'Behave yourself,' HA!

"---Mivian! Can you hear me?" a raspy, scratchy voice spoke through the static.

She jumped a mile when something buzzed in her ear suddenly, disrupting the quiet that surrounded her.
A hand flew up to her ear and touched the communication device that was forgotten about until that moment.
"Mivian, here. Returned and reported back to Galiasis."

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF DIVINE WERE YOU THINKING?" the person on the other side squawked rather unpleasantly. "...every, single time!!! Oh don't you think you're getting away with it! Oh, and I want a THOROUGH report on this..."

Whoever he was, went on and on as Mivian ripped off the headphone.

"Hello? Are you even LISTENING? You are..."

The headphone went airborne as she flicked it dismissively away from her. It hit the wall with a small click, and started to fall to the ground. There was a small shower of sparks and a sound of a crushed bug as a silver dagger snatched it out of the air and pinned it to the wall.

"Oops, my fault..." Mivian said brightly, and went to retrieve her dagger out of the wall.

Well, didn't this turn out to be her LUCKY day...
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 2!!

I really hope you guys like it!!