Status: Just Beginning

A Dream That Lasts Forever

Nine

Brian’s POV

I check my watch and realize it’s 4:45 and we have to be at the Long Beach Coliseum 5:30.

“Matt wake up” I shout. “We got to go it’s 4:45”

“Son of a bitch! Let’s go” he moans as he jumps from his nap.

We race to the bus and all pile in not caring if we have all our shit straight…all we know is we need to get our asses to Long beach before the show starts. It would be so rude of us to cancel or delay the show on the count of us being fucking idiots. I look around for Kinzye to see if she made it on the bus, and smile when I see her sitting on my bunk. I start to walk back there as the bus begins to drive away.

“You ready for this?” I ask her with a smile on my face.

“I guess so, I mean it’s not like I have the option to not be ready!” She says lettigh out a sigh.

“What’s the matter Kinzye?” I ask as she sighs and beings to look down.

“Nothing, just I’ve never had this experience and I’m trying to take it all in. Just still a bit surprised that’s all!” she sighed

“Well, you’re in good hands so don’t worry. It won’t be so bad once we get into the swing of things. I promise” I reassured her.

“Ok! But if you lie to me I’ll punch you like I did Johnny!” She chuckled.

“I would never lie to such a pretty lady” I said blushing.

“That’s a lie right there” Zacky piped up.

“Shut the fuck up Baker…your opinion is irrelevant” I stated.

“So, where am I gonna sleep, or put my things? I don’t want to be in anybody’s way” Kinzye muttered

“Just sleep in the same bed as Mr. Gates…he’ll love you next to him” chuckled Jimmy.

“James, you best shut your mouth if you know what’s best for you.” I smirked

“She can take my bunk then. I’ll crash on the couch…it’s more comfortable anyways” Jimmy kindly said

“Or she could sleep on the couch” Johnny said still feeling a bit of the pain left from her fist to his nuts.

“Ya know what? I think I just might take the couch…that way I’ll be closer to you Johnny.” Kinzye laughed and clinched a fist.

“Well, never mind the couch has been taken by Casper, so you will just have to sleep somewhere back there far away from me! My nuts need to be in working order when I get back home to my lady friend!” Johnny cried.

I put her bags in the back room and go back to my bunk and sit by her. Kinzye has her iPod playing and she’s softly singing along to some slow song that I don’t know.

“What are you listening to?” I ask her.

“Jason Aldean. He’s country” She replies with a friendly smile.

I smile and take the earbud she’s handing me. I listen to the song and notice that I like it…who would have guessed…me liking country music?

It seems as if we spent the entire ride to Long Beach listening to music without a care in the world.

“Ya’ll ready to rock?” Zacky yells.

“Hell yeah” I reply loudly without realizing that Kinzye had fallen asleep on my shoulder. Thank God I didn’t wake her up with that yelp of excitement I just did.

“Aww she’s so cute, now wake her up and let’s get the fuckin’ show on the damn road.” Johnny said poking Kinzye in the arm.

She balled up her fist and just took a jab hitting him n the gut

“Do NOT, I repeat do NOT ever wake me up by poking me, scaring me, ya know just don’t fucking wake me up. Otherwise next time I’m gonna aim lower!” She exclaimed.

“Jeeeeeezzzus Christ! Fine…I won’t fuckin touch you or talk to you” Johnny says running away like a scared pansy.

“Kinzye, we’re here and we need to go inside. You coming inside or gonna sleep?” I asked her knowing the answer.

“I’m goin in silly” she laughed.

This is officially the greatest day of my life. Plain and simple. Johnny got punched twice, I have the most beautiful girlfriend, I’m just one lucky son of a bitch.