Status: Finished

Better Than That

Love

“Jayden, something is up with my stick.” Kaner yelled from across the locker room.

“Well what’s wrong with it?” I asked walking over with one of his other sticks.

“I don’t know it just feels weird.” He said handing it over to me, while Sharpy walked behind him with a smirk on his face.

“Well for one thing, this isn’t your stick.” I said once I grabbed it.

“What do you mean it’s not my stick?” he asked confused.

“Well this stick was made to look like yours but it is heavier, but not by much I would say a third of an ounce. Which is enough weight to make it bother you, however not enough weight to ruin your game.”

“Who the hell did that?” he asked trying to think of who would have invested that much time in doing a prank.

“My guess is someone had it made out of a different wood to joke around with you.” I said sampling handing him his real stick so he could begin taping it.

“Any ideas” he asked with Sharpy behind him mouthing please don’t tell him.

“Whoever it was had to have changed it before you got here because I know this is not the stick I put with your stuff earlier.” I said as Jon walked into the locker room shirtless.

“Thanks Jayden, I will let you know who the culprit is when I find them” he said taking his stick back to his stall to tape up.

“No problem” I said walking over to Frolik who need his skate blade fixed.

“Thank you, Miracle Worker.” Frolik said giving me a hug.

“Anything for you, Frolik.” I said pulling away from his hug.

“Jayje, can you help me with my pads please?” Jon asked.

“What’s the matter with your pads?” I asked curious because everything looked alright, and was alright with them after morning skate.

“Nothing.” He whispered and then gave me a smirk, but I made sure to pretend that I was actually fixing something with his pads.

“Jonathan Toews, you shouldn’t lie about broken equipment.” I said after I was done ‘fixing’ his pads.

“Well, I just needed an excuse to talk to you.” He smiled at me.

“Aww, Jonny is getting all sappy.” I smiled quickly at him before walking away.

“Yo, Toe-ex is that a hickey on your neck?” Sharpy asked Jon a few minutes later, causing Jonny to blush.

“Well that answers my question.” Sharpy said taking a seat next to Jon and wrapping an arm around his shoulders. “So who is the lucky I mean unlucky women?”

“Um you wouldn’t know her” he said with a quick glance and a smirk at me.

“Well is it more than a one night stand?” he asked trying to figure out if it is serious or not.

“I sure hope so.” He said with a completely huge smile on his face.

“We should…” Sharpy didn’t get to finish his statement because Kaner came back into the locker room interrupting him.

“So sharp, I am so going to get you back for switching my stick with a fake one.”

“What do you mean changing your stick?” he asked putting on an innocent face.

“Oh I know it was you, so you can stop pretending now. There were only three people who were in the locker room before me today. Jayden was the first one in and she obviously wouldn’t do that because it would mess with her job plus give her more work to do. Jon came in with Jay but he wouldn’t risk the game by giving me a stick that weights different than my normal stick. You were the other, and you would think it is funny to make me freak out a little bit during the game.” Kaner explained.

“That’s a genius idea, too bad I didn’t think it up.” He smiled and got up to finish getting ready as I headed out to the bench to make sure everything was set for the warm-ups and games.

A few minutes later the players started to come out to warm-up and the stands were quickly starting to fill up.

There was a couple of girl’s right behind the bench area where I usually stand who were wearing wedding dresses. I couldn’t help shaking my head and laughing, that is until Jon came over to the boards to stretch, which caused them to lift up their signs Jonathan Toews will you Marry ME? the short bleach blonde girls said while the taller of the two bleach blondes sign read Future Mrs. Jonathan Toews.

At these signs I became insanely jealous that I had to look away before I was able to see Jon’s reaction. I headed back to my office with 2 minutes left in warm-ups.

“Jayden are you ok?” Clint came into my office.

“Yeah, why?” I asked. Have I been acting weird today?

“You just seemed so happy before warm-ups but then during warm-ups you looked like you were about to punch something.

“Oh” I said trying to think up a quick lie. “I thought I saw my ex-John in the stands and it freaked me out a bit.”

“That makes me want to punch something too.” Clint said getting angry.

“Yeah, but it couldn’t have been him he is in jail unless he made bail, but I would get notified if that was the case.”

“Well that’s good then” he said relaxing as I tried to relax a little as well.

“I guess.” I said feeling a little bit better not thinking about those girls.

“So what made you so happy before warm-ups?” Clint asked as he put his feet up on m desk.

“Just having a good day I guess.”

“Something tells me it’s more than that; something is telling me that it’s a guy.”

I didn’t get to say anything because Jon walked in at that moment.

“Hey Clint, hey Jay, can one of you fix my strap on my helmet?” he asked.

“I can do that for you.” Clint said getting up and taking the helmet from Jon and leaving the office.

“So, those fans behind the bench were ridiculous.” Jon stated, I just nodded.

“I mean, do they really think I would ever date someone who would wear that to a hockey game?” he smiled.

“Yeah, buy they are what most hockey players go for at bars because they think they are hot.” I said looking down.

“Hot? Only if you like fake blonde hair fake tits, and a fake face.” He said looking me straight in the eyes. “Besides my definition of a hot, sexy and beautiful women is a brunette, with blue eyes, athletic body, and who wears a hockey jersey when watching a game not just at the game,” he paused “even if that jersey is a Sabres jersey.”

I smiled. “Thanks Jon”

“No need to thank me, I am just telling the truth.” He said as Clint walked back into the office with Jon’s helmet.

“Thanks Clint” he said getting up and leaving my office.

“You seem a lot happier now.” Clint said as I stood up grabbing my Blackhawks jacket, before heading out of my office to the game.

The game started off good with Jon scoring from a Kaner pass within the first minute of the game.

He started to head through the line of fist bumps when he winks at me, which cause the two brides to freak out behind me.

“OMG, Jonathan Toews just winked at us.” I heard one of them say.

“One of us is so going to hook up with him tonight.” The other one said

I just laughed it off remembering what Jon had said in my office just before the game. The rest of the game was dominated by the Blackhawks, Jonny scoring 2 more goals giving him a hat trick, and after each goal he winked at me.

“Toe-ez” Sharpie said as everyone got to the locker room when the game ended. “you have to keep this girl around if you continue to play like that.”

“Girl?” Kaner questioned.

“Yeah Toe-ex has a new girlie, at least that’s what the hickey on his neck says.” Sharpie said starting to undress, while Jon smiled at me.

“Someone call the press, Taxer is actually smiling.” Kane said noticing Jon’s smile.

“Can’t a man smile, without getting harassed.” Jon joked throwing his jersey at Kane.

“A man, yes, the robot that we call Captain Serious, not so much.” Sharpie said just before the doors opened letting the press in. I left to wait for the room to clear out before I could start working.

An hour later, the locker room was empty enough that I could start, by taking all their jerseys ad throwing it in a bin for the night equipment my guys to wash. By the time I brought the bin down to the laundry room and came back everyone was gone out of the locker room.

I started to check each players equipment for damages that needed to be fixed when I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist, and then lips hit my neck.

“Hello, Jonny” I mumbled trying not to moan as Jon sucked on my neck.

“Hello Beautiful” he said turning me around and kissing me.

“Jon” I pulled back from the kiss. “Let me finish my work.”

“I don’t want too” he said pulling me back in and kissing me.

A few minutes later I pulled away. “The quicker I get done here, the quicker we can get back home.” I wagged my eyebrows.

“Well in that case how can I help?” he asked becoming serious which caused me to laugh.

“You can write down, what I need the guys to do tomorrow to fix the equipment.” I said handing him over the clipboard.

“All done” I said 45 minutes later.

“Really?” he smiled at me and pulled me in for a kiss.

“I will never get sick of this” he said giving me a quick peck before putting my coat on me.

“Let’s go home my lady.” He said pulling me out the door.

“Someone’s in a hurry” I said as we practically sprinted to the car.

“Of course I am in a hurry, I have this beautiful women next to me who wants to make love with me, and I don’t want her to change her mind.” He smiled over at me as he sped down the road.

We made it back to the house in record time. Once we got inside the house we started to make pout heatedly, full of want, need, and desire.

“Let’s go to bed.” I said as our clothes started to come off. He took my hand and slowly walked up the stairs.

“Jayden are you sure you want this?” he asked in his captain voice.

“I am positive. I want us more than anything.” I said kissing him to prove just how much I want him.

“Good” he said kissing me back. “I am so glad tomorrow is an off day because I am taking you out on a real date.” I replied with a kiss as we both started to lose more clothes.

“Jayden.” He spoke softly before kissing me again.

~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~

I woke up in the morning to Jon’s arms around me and him kissing my neck.

“Good morning Jon” I smiled snuggling my head into Jon’s chest trying to block the sunlight out.

“Good morning beautiful” he said lifting up my face so he could kiss me.

“I could get used to waking up like this every morning.” I said before kissing him again.

“Me too, me too.” He said brushing my hair out of my face. “Jayje those goals I scored last night were for you, you know that right?”

“I figured as much, with the winks. Although the two brides thought they were for them.” I said snuggling closer to Jon.

“Maybe we should come up with a sign so that every time I do something for you I will do it so it’s not obvious that it is directed at you but that nobody else would understand.

“That sounds like a good plan.” I said “so what is the gesture going to be?”

“I was thinking of just tapping my nose twice.”

“Doesn’t that mean quick thinking, and clever in the French culture?” I questioned.

“Yeah but for us it can mean that I love you.” He said looking me in the eyes.

I was caught by surprise so much that I couldn’t say anything so I just tapped my nose twice.

~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~

“Jayden are you ready to go?” I called out for her as I exited my room dressed in my best suit.

“Yeah” she said as she walked out of her room, completely dressed which caused my jaw to drop.

“Y-your gorgeous, Jayje.” I stuttered.

“I try my best” she smiled slightly looking down in embarrassment.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” She replied back this time. Those three words are my new favorite words that Jayden with ever say I thought as I kissed her.

“We should get going before we miss our reservations.”

“Yeah, missing the reservations would be bad.” She said very flirtatiously.

I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her from the house before I didn’t take her on a proper date.

“Jayden, I am so happy.” I said as we got into the car.

She took my hand while I started the car up. “Me too Jon me too, nothing could make me happier.” She said and I leaned in to kiss her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please... and Happy New Year even though its a little late