Status: Finished

Better Than That

Life

“Hey Jon are you going to go to the rink with me or are you going to come later?” I asked Jon outside his door.

“I will go with you if that is all right?” he said opening up his door wearing just a pair of boxers . “Just give me like five minutes.” He said motioning for me to sit down on his bed.

“Ready” he said coming out of his closet a few minutes later fully clothed .

“Of course” I said getting up and I followed Jon out of the room, heading straight to his car. “So Mr. Cap-e-tan are you going to watch me practice from the nosebleeds or are you going to watch from the bench?” I asked as he started to drive to the U.C.

“Who says I am going to watch you practice today at all?” he asked lifting his eyebrow.

“Why else would you come down to the United Center this early before morning skate?”

“Maybe I just like being two hours early.”

“I highly doubt that, Jonny Boy” I smirked.

“But it is my duty as Captain to be fully prepared for a game and even before I saw you practice I would always be here a couple hours before hand. For a couple of reasons, one I needed to be able to get my head into the game but I couldn’t do that without being alone. Also there was no reason to stay in my house because I was all alone and it was very depressing.” He told me honestly. “But now that I have learned to get my head in the game with people around me I don’t have to come in early.”

“But you still do because you’re all alone at home still and you don’t want to be depressed.” I guessed.

“Actually no, I don’t feel so alone anymore, but see the reason that I don’t feel alone comes to the arena mad early so she can practice hockey.” He smiled at me slightly nervous.

“Whoever this girl is that comes to the arena early just to work out is crazy. If I ever meet her remind me to knock some sense into her.” I joked trying to lighten the mood that Jon made serious.

“Will do” he laughed as we got out of his car.

“So Jayje, would you mind if someone joined you on the ice?” Jon looked at me.

“No I wouldn’t but if this someone who wants to join me on the ice has a game tonight I don’t think it is a wise decision.”

“Well then I guess I will just sit and watch then.” He said defeated.

“How about you give me some pointers on the drills I do but under no circumstances try and do the drills with me, understood?” I said giving into his sad puppy dog eyes.

“Yes ma’am.” He saluted as we walked into the locker room.

~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~

We got to the locker room and I expected Jayden to go to her office to change but instead she just stripped off her sweats and shirt leaving her in spandex and a sports bra. I quickly turned around blushing, and a little bit aroused.

“If I didn’t know any better Jon I would say you haven’t seen a half-naked woman before.” Jayden laughed.

“I am just trying to give you some privacy.” I said as she put an undershirt on.

“If I needed privacy I wouldn’t have changed in front of you.” She said starting to put her equipment on. “Aren’t you going to get ready?”

“Oh right” I said quickly stripping of my clothes surprisingly self-conscious.

“Really Jon you’re being self-conscious?” she asked me as if I was joking around but I wasn’t so it caused me to blush. “Jon you have nothing to be self-conscious about. Have you seen yourself? I have this morning for example when you opened up the door.” She said as I quickly dressed.

I am not usually self-conscious, actually I have never been self-conscious before, it was only because Jayden was in the room.

“Come on Jon I want to go play hockey,” she told me as she walked out of the room fully dressed and ready to play.

I finished getting ready thinking about how fast she changed because of how excited she was to play hockey. As I walked out on the bench I just stood there and watched her skate around the ice to get her legs under her. She was so happy, just skating around, her movements were so fluid, and she made it look so easy. Jayden defiantly belonged on the ice.

“I must have zoned out watching her because the next thing I knew was that Jayden was right in front of me. “Hey Mr. Cap-e-tan, are you coming on the ice or are you just going to stand there and look pretty.” Which caused me to laugh.

“Oh you think I am pretty?” I said stepping out onto the ice.

“You’re the prettiest hockey player on the team.” She smirked. “With you girlish figure, and big booty.”

“Hey I don’t have a girlish figure.” I pouted.

“Mhm” she said posing.

“You are so going to pay.” I said as I skated toward her which caused her to quickly retreat.

“and how are you going to make me?” she yelled over her shoulder which caused me to speed up and chase her.

“Can’t touch this” Jayden said after a few seconds of not being able to catch her.

Finally I caught her and tackled her to the ground, “I believe that I just touched that.” I laughed as I laid on top of her.

“Get off me you fatso.” She laughed.

“First you tell me I have a girlish figure and then you call me fat?” she just smirked at me while I leaned in closer to her face still lying on top of her. “Jayden” I said softly before becoming serious. “When you least expect it, you are going to pay for that.” I rolled off of her and got up. “Now come on you are missing out on your ice time.”

“You are completely right.” She said quickly getting up and skating to the bench to get the pucks. “So Mr. Cap-e-tan what drill should I do first?” she gave me a questioning look.

“Just do your normal routine” I said not knowing many one person drills. She started doing her normal drills and kept asking me for pointers but I couldn’t really give her many.

“Jon, are you sure you don’t have any pointers? I can take your brutal honesty.” Jayden asked me when she was done.

“Absolutely none. You are pretty good with a stick.” I said.

“That’s what he said.” She laughed and it took me a couple minutes to get it but when I did I blushed, because I thought of what she could do to my stick. Luckily for me I she didn’t see me blush because she was getting off of the ice.

Unluckily for me my hockey pants just became very uncomfortable. Not only that but I had to wait until after practice to do something because Jayden was going to take a shower. Mmmm Jayden in the shower…

“Jonny Boy, are you going to get off of the ice so it can be cleaned?” Jayden yelled at me from the bench to take me out of my dirty thoughts.

“Yeah” my voice cracked as I skated off of the ice.

We got back to the locker room and I stripped off my jersey and chest pads. But I was once again caught off guard when Jayden stripped down to her boy shorts and bra without a second thought.

“We aren’t going to go through this again Jon are we?” she questioned.

“Go through what?” I asked.

“You not seeing a girl half naked before.” She said still standing there wearing next to nothing causing my already big problem to grow.

“I have” I defended myself. “but you are not about to have sex with me yet you seem so comfortable to strip in front of a guy.”

“Well I had to get used to it.” She said causing me to give her a questioning look. “I stripped in order to put myself through college.” She said seriously causing my jaw to drop as I pictured her giving me a lap dance. Man these thoughts have to stop it really isn’t helping my big problem.

“What?” I stuttered

“Jon I am joking, I played hockey on an all guys team and we had to share a locker room I got pretty comfortable with my body pretty fast. Plus my teammates knew they would have to deal with my brothers if they tried anything.” She said causing me to relax immensely before she walked into the showers.

When she walked back out minutes later she was wearing only a towel. What was she trying to kill me? I thought as I was becoming really pained in my lower region.

“Hey Jon can you fasten my bra for me?” she asked innocently.

“Sure” I managed to get out before I got up and helped her wither her bra.

“Thanks” she murmured.

“You’re welcome.” I said before lightening the mood a little. “I can honestly say that I have never hooked a bra together before.” I smirked.

“I bet you haven’t” she said as she continued to get dressed. “Well I should start wrk now.” She said grabbing her bag and heading to the door. “Thanks for the help Jon” she winked at me before she left.

~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~

Ever since I stripped in the locker room I noticed that Jon had become very uncomfortable physically if you no what I mean. So I decided to play up on his little issue and I could tell it was working when I stripped again to take a shower and come back from the shower.

“Thanks for the help Jon” I said with the most flirtatious wink I could manage, causing his face to get a confused/pained look on his face.

When I got into my office there was 45 minutes before anybody else would show up for practice and I had absolutely no work to do.

“Jayje?” Jon knocked on the door a few minutes later.

“Come on in, Jon” I said leaning back in my chair.

“Do you need any help with anything?” he asked still dressed in his hockey gear.

“No actually, I have nothing to do myself until others start showing up.”

“So you and I both have almost on hour to kill?” he asked sort of excited.

“I guess so” I said confused to as to why he was so happy. I started playing spider solitaire on the computer while Jon just sat there and looked at me.

“You know you are starting to creep me out” I told Jon a few minutes later after he didn’t look away.

“Sorry, I was just thinking.” He said.

“That’s never a good thing.” I smirked.

“Jayden.” Jon said getting serious.

“Yeah.” I said worried a little bit.

“Do you feel anything for me?” he asked.

“Jon…” I said thinking of how I was going to best answer him. “Of course Jon.” I started. “You are so sweet, and you don’t even realize it. You are serious when you need to be but you also know how to have a good time. You care about your teammates as if they are your own family members. Surprisingly you have become my best friend on the team.” I finished.

“Jayje, right now I am talking about feeling more than friendship for me?” He said looking scared and sad at the same time.

I took a deep breath before answering. “I do, and it scares the shit right out of me.”

“Jayden, I am falling hard for you, and it scares the shit out of me too.” He looked up at me a little bit more relaxed and he and I just looked at each other.

“Jayden have you seen…” Kaner said bursting through the door of my office door which made Jon and I look away from each other. “Oh what’s up Jon.”

“Anything you need PK?” I question him.

“Nah, just wondering wonder where the Capitan was, we all thought he was running late but it looks like he was here for a long time. I will let you two get back to whatever you were talking about.” He said before leaving.

“I guess I should go.” Jon said getting up and coming closer to me and wrapping me in a hug.

“I guess you should” I hugged back.

“We will talk more after practice.” He whispered in my ear before pecking my lips and quickly disappeared out of my office. What just happened?

~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~19~

“Sorry I was just thinking.” I said coming out of deep thought.

“That’s never a good thing.” She smirked causing me to become nervous.

“Jayden.” I said going into my serious voice.

“Yeah.” She said looking worried.

“Do you feel anything for me?” I asked coming into courage I didn’t think I had.

“Jon…” she said slowly, causing me to take a deep breath and lose all those courage that I had a few seconds before. “You are so sweet, and you don’t even realize it. You are serious when you need to be but you also know how to have a good time. You care about your teammates as if they are your own family members. Surprisingly you have become my best friend on the team.” She said causing me to feel a little better but a little worse too.

“Jayje, right now I am talking about feeling more than friendship for me?” I asked freaking out a little bit.

It felt forever before she answered. “I do, and it scares the shit right out of me.” I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding.

“Jayden, I am falling hard for you, and it scares the shit out of me too.” I said as I finally looked her in the eyes.

“Jayden have you seen…” Kaner said bursting through the door of my office door which made Jon and I look away from each other. “Oh what’s up Jon.” I gave him a nod.

“Anything you need PK?” she questioned him.

“Nah, just wondering wonder where the Capitan was, we all thought he was running late but it looks like he was here for a long time. I will let you two get back to whatever you were talking about.” He said before leaving.

“I guess I should go.” I said getting up and walking over to Jayden giving her a big hug.

“I guess you should” she hugged me back.

“We will talk more after practice.” I whispered into Jayden’s ear. Then I leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the lips and left her office to go to the locker room with the biggest smile on my face I think I have ever had.

“Who shoved sunshine up your ass this morning?” Sharpie joked as I entered the locker room and I just shrugged it off.

Practice went agonizingly slow but that didn’t stop my good mood. Once it was over I quickly showered and went to Jayden’s office but she wasn’t there. About an hour and a half later she finally walked into her office.

“Hey Jayje.” I smiled and got up from her chair.

“Hey Jon.” She answered before I hugged her again.

“Are you done with work until the game?” I asked hopeful.

“I am” she smiled brightly.

“You want to grab lunch?”

“Food, of course I would.” She smiled grabbing her wallet and keys.

During lunch we just laughed and talked, before we headed home.

“So.” Jayden said as we entered our house.

“So” I replied. “We should probably talk.”

“Probably for the best.” She smiled.

“Ok.” I said before I took a deep breath. “I don’t know when this happened or how it happened but spending so much time with you gave me a feeling that I have never felt before. I trust you completely and I don’t trust anybody other than my parents completely.”

“Jon” she said but I cut her off.

“Wait Jayje, when you were with John, it killed me. It killed me that he got to hold you and kiss you like the way I was able too when I was being your fake boyfriend for Pat. It killed me when you would ditch me to go hang out with him, and how withdrawn you seemed when you were with me or any of us. But it killed me the most when I saw John hurting you, I became someone I wasn’t. I don’t want to feel that way again, I just want to be able to be able to hold you and protect you. I like you so much it is killing me.”

“Jon” is all she said before she kissed me. We made out for a little while until we needed air.

“We needed to figure out the no relationships in the workplace thing before we go public.” I told her causing her to snuggle close to me. “But for now come join me for my afternoon nap.”

“Okay” she smiled kissing me before getting up and pulling me up with her.

“I have a good feeling about this.” She said.

“So do I” I smiled kissing her, finally feeling like my world is becoming whole.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am starting a new story too if you want to check it out it is called Changing on the Fly