Status: This story is most likely on permanent hiatus. I'm sorry. If you really want to know how it ends, message me. I most likely won't be finishing it.

Up All Night

Anger and Remorse.

Marlene gasped, tearing herself away from the boy and cursing mentally at the twinge of regret that coursed through her.

“Louis.” There were tears in her eyes and her voice cracked.

Louis stared remorsefully at the ground, feeling like an idiot.

“Louis William Tomlinson, you really are a complete asshole.” Marlene’s voice was no more than a whisper, but it seemed ten times louder in the empty street. “You could have told me at any time – any fucking time in the past few months, but you wait until I’m with goddamn Niall to kiss me?!” Tears began to spill over her pale cheeks and she wiped them away furiously, turning them a bright red. “You have the absolute worst timing of anyone I’ve ever met.”

Turning on her heel, Marlene stormed off as quickly as she possibly could, leaving Louis perplexed and ashamed.

Marlene wandered back aimlessly, stopping every few steps to wipe her eyes. Her phone was constantly buzzing for her attention, but she knew it was Niall trying to see if she was okay. Marlene didn’t trust her voice not to crack if she picked up, and she didn’t feel like talking to her boyfriend at the moment.

Boyfriend.

The word still sounded funny to Marlene, at least, in relation to Niall. The girl had never thought she’d end up dating Niall – she’d always assumed she’d date someone more like Louis.

Marlene came to a stop at the end of Harry and Louis’ street, a burst of pain tearing through her, setting her very soul on fire.

Damn Louis. It was all his fault! First the lying, then the flirting – which, on reflection, may just have been Louis being normal – and now this! Marlene’s anger bubbled away inside her, desperate to be released, but she didn’t want to cry and she didn’t feel the need to scream or stamp her feet. In all honesty, Marlene didn’t even know why she felt so mad. Was she mad at Louis for kissing her, mad at herself for enjoying it, mad at herself for thinking about Louis when she should be thinking about Niall her boyfriend, or mad at Louis for never having even hinted at his having feelings for her?

It didn’t matter. She was angry and confused and upset – in no way a fit state to go back to the boys. Maybe she should just go home. Spend the rest of the night with Isobel, pouring out her woes whilst her younger cousin listened and comforted her.

Yes, that would probably be best. Marlene wiped her eyes again and checked to see if she had enough money to pick up a tub of ice cream and some chocolate on her way home. Her phone buzzed again and Marlene glanced at it. The caller ID read ‘Harry Stylish Pants.’ A glimmer of a smile ghosted Marlene’s lips as she looked at the goofy ID picture, but she didn’t pick up.

Rubbing her hands together to warm them up, Marlene started to wander in the direction of home and the supermarket. It was then that she heard her name being called. It was Harry, a look of utter concern on his face.

“Neither of you picked up.” Harry stopped a few metres behind his cousin, his eyes locked onto hers. “You always answer your phone unless you’re upset – same with Louis. And seeing as you didn’t answer Niall’s fourteen calls and twenty-something texts, I know something’s wrong. With both of you. What happened?”

Fresh tears began running down Marlene’s face and she cursed loudly. At least Harry would understand. Sniffling, she closed the gap between her cousin and herself and, burying her face in his shoulder, began to cry softly.

“He kissed me, Styles. He fucking kissed me and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it! Now what do I do?”

Harry didn’t say anything, instead he wrapped his arms around his cousin, hugging her tightly. A million thoughts were racing through his head, most of them about what he was going to say to Louis when he saw him next. “It’s okay Mars. We’ll figure something out. I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise immensely for the huge gap in updating. I've been incredibly busy the past month or so, and was concentrating on finishing one story and beginning another. Then I took an unplanned week and a half break from Mibba, so I haven't written anything for a couple of weeks.
I hope this chapter is okay - it's short, but I didn't want to crag anything on unnecessarily. I hope it makes up for everything, even if it's crap.