Enchanted

I'm wonderstruck; blushing all the way home

The next night I had the strangest dream. It was partially frightening, for many reasons.

I was in the woods. I knew it wasn’t the woods around here, there wasn’t any really. I was in the forest at La Push. I saw the sign telling me I shouldn’t enter but I ignored it and continued on anyway. I was merely a spectator at what was to happen. It was like watching through someone else’s eyes even when I knew they were my own.

I wandered through the forest, brushing past ferns and leaves. The canopy of trees blocked a lot of the light that would have normally shown down on me. Glancing up I realized that it was the middle of the night. The moon shone down brilliantly in the spot I was standing. Stars twinkled, gazing down on me and I felt safe. I felt protected.

I hadn’t moved from the patch of light and as I looked around, I was in a clearing. It was small, not much space to it, but there was more than what was normally found. I shifted from foot to foot nervously as I waited. I wasn’t sure what I was waiting for but I knew my other self, my dream self, knew.

Suddenly as if it had appeared out of nowhere a wolf stood in the clearing. Most of it was covered in shadow but I could see its eyes gazing at me. I knew it was one of the La Push wolves. Its size was proof enough for that. No natural wolf could ever get that big.

The wolf looked at me as I looked at it. A breeze blew through and pushed my hair in front of my face. It ruffled the wolf’s fur as well but he didn’t seem fazed by it. I wanted myself to turn around and leave this forest. I wanted to turn around and run away from whatever this was. But I was not in control of myself.

Slowly I walked forward towards the wolf. His gaze followed my every movement but the look was not predatory. I felt no malice in the way he looked me over. If anything I would say that his gaze was of kindness. My dream self stretched her arm forward towards the wolf.

I could feel myself wanting to pull the arm backwards. I knew the command. I knew how to control my arms but the command wasn’t working. My arm stretched itself forward and slowly placed itself on the wolf’s snout. An enormous amount of panic went through me at the touch. I feared that the wolf would lunge and bite me. But it stayed still and simply looked at me.

The wolf’s mouth dropped open and its tongue rolled to the side. I saw its teeth dripping with saliva and the long, sharp canines that I knew would cut like a kitchen knife. My dream self pulled backwards and I was hopeful she had finally learned to fear this wolf. But quickly my hopes were crushed as she simply let her features twist into ones of disgust before letting out a small giggle.

She placed her hand back on the wolf, on the side of his cheek. She pushed her fingers beneath the coarse fur and into the softness beneath. I could feel the feather like touch as the fur brushed my fingertips. The wolf closed its eyes at the touch and leant into the hand. I felt myself smile as I looked lovingly at the wolf. I could feel it swarm up and fill me, almost bursting from my body. Love.


I woke up and quickly my heart began pounding. I sat up and put a hand over my heart. Sita looked up at me from her bed that was next to mine. “It’s okay, girl,” I said to calm her and myself. “Just a…weird dream.” I couldn’t exactly label it as bad or good.

Image


This imprinting thing is so unfair, I grumbled to myself and partially to Seth.

What do you mean? Seth asked me. He knew what I meant. He could see it in my mind but he was polite enough to ask anyway. We usually tried to refrain from delving in to another’s mind. It felt like you were being violated.

How is it that I got stuck with the girl who is completely afraid of us and doesn’t even live anywhere close! I’ll probably never see her again! The thought sent a whine coming from my wolf and I flattened my ears. If I never saw her again it’d be horrible. I think I would go crazy if I never saw her beautiful eyes again.

Jake, you imprinted on her. You know she’ll feel it too. She won’t be able to stay away for long. Seth tried to cheer me up but I could see that even he didn’t fully believe what he was saying. He just didn’t like seeing me this sad. The others were mostly glad that I had finally gotten over Bella though.

I hope you’re right, Seth. But I doubt that it’s going to happen. This isn’t some fairytale.

Image


My footsteps were soft and light as I walked down the beach. The moon shone high and full in the sky, illuminating the area. The waves gently lapped against the shore creating a peaceful sound. As I walked I saw a figure off in the distance. They were covered in shadow despite the light of the moon.

As I got closer to them I realized who it was. “Jacob,” I said in surprise. I was surprised I’d be dreaming about him. It seemed that those three days in Forks would be with me forever. As I said his name Jacob turned to me and a grin stretched across his face. He didn’t look the least surprised to see me here.

“Alyssa,” he said, sighing my name. As he did it sent a shiver of desire through my body. I bit my lip trying to clamp it down and keep it inside. But it was almost impossible seeing him like this. His hair looked slightly damp almost like the rain had gotten it wet. He was shirtless and his muscles, his glorious muscles, were in full view. His deep brown eyes caught the moonlight and sparkled much like the ocean water.

The temptation to just reach up and run my hands through his hair was overwhelming. My arm was actually reaching up before I clamped it down onto my thigh. “What are you doing here?” I asked him. The smile stayed in place and it seemed brighter than the moon itself.

“Sometimes when I can’t sleep I come down to the beach. It’s peaceful here because you know nobody else is around. It gives me time to think.” He sat down in the sand and let his legs stretch out in front of him.

“If I’m bothering you—”

“No, of course you aren’t,” he said. He took my hand and then gently pulled me down to sit in the sand next to him. “I enjoy your company.”

“But you just said—”

“I say a lot of things,” he shrugged.

“Do you mean any of them?” I asked. I shifted closer to him, feeling the warmth emanating off of him. The breeze from the sea was starting to get a bit cooler.

“Sometimes,” he said offhandedly. “I do mean it when I say I enjoy your company,” he said turning to him. Looking in his eyes I could see the promise and truth in them and I smiled. The breeze picked up and goose bumps appeared on my arms.

“Cold?” asked Jacob. He opened up his one arm, inviting me to cuddle into his side. My hesitance must have shown on my face because Jacob said, “Come on, I won’t bite you. I have plenty of warmth to go around.”

This is a dream I reminded myself. I didn’t see what harm it could do so I slowly moved and cuddled into his side. Leaning against him I felt the heat coming off of him. I sighed in contentment and Jacob wrapped his arm around me.

“Thank you, Jacob,” I mumbled into him as I watched the waves on the water.

“For what?” he asked a bit confused. I looked up to see his eyebrows knitted together in an adorable fashion.

“For being so nice to me when…when I haven’t been to you.” I felt guilt crash over me as I realized it. The boy had let me into his home and life and let me stay there and I practically ran away from him, from everything. ‘Thank you’ just didn’t seem to cut it.

“I could never be anything but nice to you, Alyssa,” he said with a smile. “You’re very important to me.”


I woke up to the rising sun, it shown deeply into my bedroom and I shielded my eyes against it. I groaned into my pillow and turned over, away from the light. I wanted to go back to sleep. The dream had been so nice and peaceful. But then Sita barked and I knew she wanted to go out on our run. “Alright, girl,” I said and dragged myself out of bed.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
A fluff chapter mostly