Enchanted

I was enchanted to meet you

“Where did Jake go?” Bella asked as the others came back into the room.

“He got upset and ran off,” explained Edward to Bella gently. Everyone seemed to be cradling her now.

“Good riddance,” mumbled Rosalie but you could tell she made sure all of us heard it. She especially sent a pointed glare towards me.

“I hope he’s okay,” I wondered out loud to fill the silence. Everyone stared at me and I shifted uncomfortably under their gaze. “What?” I asked. “He came to make sure I was safe with vampires.”

“We aren’t going to hurt you,” explained Carlisle. “We don’t drink human blood.”

“No?” I asked. “I mean I’ve read books where they feed off of animals but it’s just weird to think of it all.” I gave him a confused and disgruntled look.

“Why don’t we explain ourselves to Alyssa,” Alice said bouncing over and sitting down next to me. “After all, I bet you’ll be spending some time here now with Bella.” She wrapped an arm around me and I shivered at the touch.

“Why are you so cold?” I asked, wrapping my arms around myself.

“Because I’m a vampire,” she said with a smile. I was expecting to see fangs when she did but I couldn’t see any. Edward gave a small laugh behind me.

“You guys really do need to explain,” I said glancing over at his amused expression.

Image


Twenty minutes later the Cullens had told me a lot about themselves. We didn’t get into everyone’s story but I got a lot of basic knowledge. I was just walking towards the door when Jake barged in, not even bothering to knock.

He immediately came over to me and grabbed my arm. “Jacob, let go,” I said panic creeping into my voice. Edward immediately appeared behind me.

“What was that, Jacob?” he asked him. I could feel the tension immediately fill the area and wanted to shrink.

“Don’t pretend like you don’t know, bloodsucker,” spat Jacob. “Letting that thing live and kill her.”

“It’s not my choice. It’s hers,” he said and you could hear the pain seep into his voice. It was visible in his eyes before a brief moment before they flared back up.

“If you really cared about her, you’d cut it out of her.” Jacob’s voice was rising and his grip on me tightened. Tears came to my eyes at the pain.

“Rosalie won’t let us and neither will Bella. I love her too much to force something like that upon her.”

“Well, it’s your death sentence,” snarled Jacob. His body had slight, infrequent tremors running through it. His grip tightened for and I whimpered. This immediately snapped Jacob out of it like he completely forgot Edward was there. Edward himself fled the room to go talk to his family I assumed.

Taking in my teary eyes and his grip on my arm he immediately let go. Slowly the skin began to turn back to its normal color. “Alyssa, I’m so sorry,” he immediately apologized. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I never would want to hurt you.” He looked severely upset but I stepped away from him and towards Edward. His eyes flashed with pain.

“Alyssa, we need to get out of here. The pack will be here soon to take care of it and you don’t want to be here.” He reached out to me again but I shied away.

“What do you mean ‘take care of it?’” I asked him.

“They need to destroy the fetus. It’s potentially dangerous and is already destroying Bella.”

“But…what about Bella?” Jacob’s face became extremely pained and then I knew. “No,” I said forcefully. “You can’t do that.”

“It’s already decided, Alyssa. I just want you away from the danger.”

“No,” I said again. “I will not let them hurt Bella. I’m staying here.”

“Alyssa—”

“I’m going to protect Bella and I don’t give a damn what you think,” I said harshly. I just couldn’t believe that he’d want to hurt her. I couldn’t believe he’d condone this. One word kept flashing through my mind: Murder.

Completely wounded Jacob righted himself and pulled away from me. “I don’t know what’s going to happen,” said Jacob sadly. He took one look at my arm before he turned and ran out of the house. Curiously I looked down at my arm and saw a bruise beginning to form.
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys I haven't updated in forever. My boyfriend broke up with me recently and it's been tough. I don't know if I could do the cute innocence of Alyssa in this state of mind if you know what I mean. I really want to finish this though and I plan to get moving on it soon.

I'm super thrilled to have 10 stars and to know 143 people have read this so far. You are all just completely wonderful and amazing.