Enchanted

Wishing you were at my door

I gently got out of bed, not wanting to wake him up. As I got up I ruffled my hair and felt the tangles and disarray of it. I was sure the dried salt water and sand wasn’t that good for it. I’m sure I was a train wreck.

I attempted to tame it as much as possible and put it up in a ponytail again. I didn’t want to leave that mess on the loose. I opened Jacob’s door and slowly walked down the hallway. At the end I could see the front door. The farther I walked I could see three other rooms. There was also a small living room to my right and the kitchen and a wooden table to my left.

In the living room was a man. He was in a wheelchair and sat watching the morning news. The time said it was 10 in the morning. I cleared my throat to get his attention and he turned to me. He looked confused at the sight of me. “Who are you?” he asked coming over to me.

“Sorry, I was with Jacob yesterday and—” I stopped realizing that I didn’t know exactly what had happened yesterday or how I got here. The last thing I remembered was laying on Seth’s shoulder. I swallowed, slightly nervous. Had Jacob not said I would be coming, that I would be staying the night? I didn’t want to get him in trouble for the inconvenience of me. “I’m Alyssa and—”

At the mention of my name the man’s face lit up. “Alyssa!” he said excitedly. Apparently I was okay. “Jacob told me about you. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Billy Black, Jacob’s father.” He held out his hand and I grasped it lightly. He gave my hand a good shake before releasing me.

It was weird to think of Jacob talking about me to his father. I was simply a girl he had met two days ago. “Please, make yourself at home. You can take a shower in the bathroom if you’d like to freshen up. It’s the first door on the left, right before Jake’s.” The smile never left Billy’s face as he talked to me.

“I don’t mean to intrude or—”

“Nonsense,” said Billy cutting me off. “You’re more than welcome here.”

“Thank you, Mr. Black,” I said, gently blushing at his generosity.

“Billy, please,” he said with a kind smile. I returned it before turning around and walking into the bathroom, Billy went back in to watch the news.

The bathroom was an organized mess. I began to run the water and then peeled off my clothes. I looked in the mirror and noticed a bruise on my shoulders. It was probably from the force at which I hit the water yesterday. I poked it lightly and flinched as it throbbed in pain.

I then stepped into the shower. The water was warm and I sighed in contentment. I imagined the mirror would be steamed up when I finished but it was okay. I found a bottle of shampoo. It seemed to belong to Jacob and I put a decent amount into my hand. Lathering it into my hair, I relished the massage my scalp got. I didn’t see any conditioner so I took a washcloth and after lathering it with soap, washed off whatever dirt was on my body.

Once I felt sufficiently clean I stepped out and opened one of the cabinets looking for a towel. Luckily there was one left in the empty cabinet. I dried myself off and threw on the same clothes as before. There wasn’t anything else I could wear.

Stepping out of the bathroom I was met by a loud snore from Jacob’s room. I poked my head in his room to see that he was still fast asleep. I smiled to myself at how ridiculous he looked. His feet hung over the edge of the bed and he looked entirely too big for the small bed. It was a wonder how both of us had fit. A blush crept over my face as I realized that I had slept in the same bed as Jacob. I can’t believe I was in bed with him.

I turned away and headed out to the living room again. Billy was nowhere to be seen. I went into the kitchen and he wasn’t there either. Instead I found a note on the table.

Jake,

I went out fishing with Charlie. It’s supposed to be clear all day today. I’ll be back later.

Billy


I put the note back in the same spot and gazed around the kitchen. It looked better than the rest of the house and I wondered if that was because neither of them ever used it. I went to the fridge and opened it up. I hadn’t eaten since Emily fed me at about two yesterday. I was starving.

I searched around the kitchen and eventually found enough to make breakfast. I figured I may as well make Jacob some too. I’m sure he hadn’t eaten much either. He had been too busy with me. And as much as I wished he wasn’t a wolf, he had let me into his home. It was the least I could do.

Image


I woke up to the scent of food filling the house. Even after just waking up, I was hungry. It felt like I hadn’t eaten in ages. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I got up and walked to my kitchen. When I entered the room I stopped, not really comprehending what was happening.

Alyssa stood in front of the stove, gently cooking a couple of eggs. I could also see bacon and some pancakes being made. She was making me breakfast. I didn’t think it was possible but I fell even more in love with her. I heard some music and saw that she was listening to her iPod. Listening closer I realized that it was Givin’ The Dog A Bone by AC/DC. She was definitely my imprint, I thought as she gently swayed her hips to the music.

I came up behind her and gently wrapped my arms around her waist. I wasn’t prepared for what happened next. She spun around in terror to look at me. “Let go of me!” she screamed. She squirmed and pushed against me trying to get free. I quickly released her and stepped back. I held my hands in the air showing my surrender.

She calmed down as I moved away. “Don’t touch me,” she said warningly as she tried to catch her breath. She pulled out her iPod and turned it off, winding it up and putting it away.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized. “I can’t help myself around you.” She bit her lip at my comment. I watched her eyes travel me over before she turned around and went back to cooking.

“If you want to get a plate everything will be done in about a minute.” She gently flipped one of the pancakes and deeming it acceptable put it on a pile of some already made. I went and got two plates out of the cupboard and placed them on the counter.

“I know I made probably too much but I saw how much you guys ate yesterday. I hope it’s okay.” She didn’t turn to look at me but spoke to the eggs she gently slid onto a plate she had set aside.

“You made just the right amount,” I said wanting to appease her. I gazed at the stack of about ten pancakes, the pile of scrambled eggs, and the amount of bacon and knew I would definitely have enough. I heard the toaster suddenly pop up and then noticed a pile of toast as well. This girl had gone to town. “In fact would you mind if I invited over a friend of mine to help?”

She turned around from putting the toast on the plate and looked at me, surprised. “It’s your house,” she stated like she didn’t have an option. Little did she know that I’d do anything for her.

“I don’t want to make you uncomfortable,” I told her. She bit her lip and I could see worry cross her features.

“It’s fine,” she finally said and turned around and grabbed a plate. She began to put some of the food on it. I walked over to her and grabbed the plate I had gotten for myself. I followed her down the line of food, grabbing plenty of everything. “Aren’t you going to call a friend?” she asked me.

“I can tell you wouldn’t like it. Plus this way I can have you all to myself.” I sent her a grin but her face remained neutral as she looked at me. I was a bit surprised. I’ve had girls openly gawk at me on the beach before and here this girl was ignoring my advances that were plain as day.

She silently went and sat at the table, her plate having a healthy portion of food. There was maple syrup and butter set out on the table, ready for use. She had thought of everything. She was everything. I sat down next to her, my plate holding double the amount of food as hers.

We began to eat in silence. She took neat, delicate bites while I was shoving food into my mouth. This was delicious. It was as good as Emily’s food, if not better. Maybe I was biased because she was my imprint, but it was true.

Image