Sequel: Inside the Fire

Fake It

Stupid Girl

She came through the door with the force of a small hurricane. The anger behind the power she used to open the door blew it off its hinges.
"You fucking idiot!"
Her voice was full of anger and fear. Anger at his recklessness and fear for his safety.
"I've told you time and time not to leave your fucking house unless you're forced. I can't very well protect the little bastard if I have to chase you around and make sure you're safe now can I?"
Severus had a complete look of shock on his face. Dante had never shown an ounce of fear for his safety before, the fact that she did now worried him somewhat.
"I had to do something"
Was the quiet reply to the rage of her accusation. All Dante could do was glare into his eyes. "You're a bloody fool Severus Snape."
She reached out a hand and slammed the fallen door back onto its frame.

Severus' face had become its normal emotionless mask again.
"What did you want me to do Dante? Just ignore him? That would have gotten me killed." Dante opened her mouth to reply with something nasty but quickly shut it.
"They have you coming and going don't they Sev?"
Her voice was now a whisper, the adrenaline of her rage fading until all that was left was fear for him. She hated fearing for someone other than herself. The last person she had gotten close to was now ashes in a black lacquered urn on her mantel. She had yet to find a way to resurrect a demon, though she knew it could be done. Though she didn't want to have to keep Severus in an urn on her mantel, knowing there was no way to bring him back.

She turned away from him, not wanting him to see the worry that was becoming apparent on her face. He laid a surprisingly gentle hand on her shoulder.
"Can't you go stay with Malfoy?"
The question was whispered.
"They're in enough trouble as it is."
Was the reply.
"My flat then. I won't be there I'll be watching Potter. It's warded and safeguarded."
"No Dante I'm staying where I am."
She pulled out of his grasp and stalked across the room, her boot heels making a heavy thud with every step. She leaned against the wall and gripped the hilt of her sword tightly, her knuckles turning white. She took a sharp, gasping, breath and opened her eyes.
"I can't lose you too Severus. I've lost too much already. Losing you is not an option."
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah yeah don't get too excited