Like You'll Never See Me Again

Familiar Voice

My eyes were still closed but my head was going to explode. I swung my legs over the side of the bed with a groan. I knew it wasn't my bedroom I was waking up in. I never woke up in my own bed anymore. I just hoped this band whore would be easier to get away from than some of the others.

My eyes slowly came into focus the same time I heard the familiar voice. “Syn where are you going babe?”

I rubbed my face knowing I’d fucked up big time. “Studio Michelle. Our tour starts tonight and we need to get busy loading and setting up in Long Beach.” Why did I hook up with Val’s sister again. Damm I really need to stop drinking so much. We were celebrating the night before the big tour.

I dressed as quickly as I could ignoring her but to my dismay she was dressed and ready to come with me by the time I found my shoes. Michelle was not one to say no to. If you did the water works and guilt got to you. As I drove to the studio I had so much going on in my head I didn't’t hear a word she was going on and on about.

I got out of the car not bothering with her and made my way in to the guys bitching about my crap ever where and my tardiness as usual. Val grabbed my arm and pulled me into the little kitchen area.

“Damn you Syn. You better stop fucking around on my sister. Michelle is in love with you. It seems you only pay attention to her when you are loaded and horny.”

“Val not now. My fucking head is going to explode. Besides I’ve told her on more than one occasion...I don’t want a relationship. I will never settle down with someone. Especially one that thinks she can tell me how to do everything.”

“Syn I’m not playing around. Don’t you make me have Matt talk to you.”

“Look Val the guys all know. I’m a fucking playboy. Only reason I keep going back to your sister is because she gives good head. I’m Synyster fucking Gates. There isn’t a woman out there that will tame my heart.” I kissed her forehead and walked away.

After the little chat with Val and loading everything into the bus and the trailers I was tired. I didn't’t give two fucks about the DiBenedotto twins. Michelle’s constant following me around like some puppy was driving me insane. Val’s bitching about my attitude pushed me over the side. I got on the bus and climbed into my bunk pulling the curtain shut on the mouthy twins.

When the bus rolled into the venue lot I was ready. Ready to get on stage and get the hell out of California. Val was coming with us but the other girls were left on their own. Once again I was going to have pick of the women without Michelle clinging to me like I was hers. I stepped off the bus with the Rev and we each had a bottle in our hands. We all stopped to take pictures with fans and sign a few autographs before making it into the building. Michelle and Gena were being utter bitches to the fans only making my already bad mood worse.

Once safely inside I spun on Michelle. “What the actual fuck is your problem? You can’t treat fans like shit! Without them we are jobless you stupid fucking bitch!” I stomped off with Matt right on my heels.

“Gates! YO Gates! Come on man slow down. What the fuck was that about?” Matt had finally caught up.

“Dude she is up my ass and treating fans like shit.” I ran my hand thru my hair. “Why do I keep fucking hooking up with her?”

Matt laughed. “She’s your comfort zone. Look Gates, you know she isn’t going to run all over the Internet posting shit you do or say when you are fucked up. Deep down you know she is safe.”

I laughed. “Oh like you and Val? Shads Val pulls you around by a short chain bro. Sure sure you are going to marry her one day. I’ll bet it all you end a sad lonely man.”

Jimmy came in breaking up our little argument. “Hey hey! Oh man Gates your dick turning green bro? Come on Benji and Maria are here.”

Hugs were exchanged and the banter went like always. Comfortable and light. Drinking and talking. The two of them informed us they brought there kid and one of her friends along. The kids were side stage watching the other bands. I pictured little Jamie with the messy hair and skinned knee. Tonight was going to be interesting to say the least. Michelle clinging and a kid trying to tag along. Granted I hadn't’t seen Jamie in about eight years but how much can someone change?

Jason came in yelling. “Ten minutes. Let’s DO IT.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and you'll see how much someone can change?