Blood of Darkness

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning got dressed in my purple dress and my knee high black boots. I strapped my sword to my side. I had to be prepared for anything. I would first go to the Moonlight manor, William’s place. Before I left, I toke notice to the still sleeping man in my bed.
Don’t worry, my love, we will have peace.
I ruffled his hair and he shifted in the bed. Then I disappeared out the door. When I turned the corner to the entrance, Adura stopped me.
“Why do you have your sword, Voliet? Where are you going?”
“I’m going into town and don’t want William to sneak attack me again.”
I tried to sneak around her as I was saying this.
“Oh well, I just come with you if you want me to.” She caught my arm and stared into my eyes. “I know what you’re doing, Vi.”
I just stared at her.
“Goodbye Adura.”
I broke away and started towards the entrance.
“Don’t be so selfish! Think about what you’re doing!” She yelled from atop the steps.
I know she was right, but I left in silence. I walked though town keeping my head down.
“You are not good at running away.”
I looked up and saw Adura in front of me.
“Adura stop it. What do you want from me? Can’t you see it is feudal to stop me? I didn’t stop you from being all over Jake even though you are married to Corey.”
“Why are you making a big deal about that?”
“Because I feel like I’m losing everyone I love. I stressed with everything and I need to think. I also believe that is a totally wrong thing to do. You should break up with him or Corey. Don’t abuse Jake! He is a good man, and if he found out it would kill him.”
“Vi, I love you like a sister. I understand what I have done. I’m selfish, too. I will tell Jake we shouldn’t be doing this.”
“I’m sorry, I am just hurting everyone right now.” To tell the truth, I wish she would have chosen Jake. Corey was abusive and hurtful to her. “I am selfish, but I believe this is the only way please understand.” I wiped my tears and hugged her. “I have to go before I miss the boat. Promise you won’t say anything.” She sighed and made me look at her.
“Promise.”
When I reached the boat, I toke one last look at the castle.
Goodbye everyone, I love you.
I sent this little message to each person and boarded the boat. Meanwhile, Luke, Asch, and Guy awoke grasping. Guy turned to them.
“Is she really gone?” Luke said.
“Yes.” Guy said running out of the room.

Hagi woke up screaming mad to find Voliet gone. He pulled on his white dress shirt and black pants.
“How could she?”
He headed to his room getting his sword and other stuff. Guy busted in and punched him square in the face.
“You idiot! You let her go and get killed.”
Hagi got up and wiped the blood from his mouth.
“No! She will not die. I’ll protect her.”
“Good fucking job so far!”
Guy winded up for another punch. Hagi got ready to return a blow. They were about to clash when Adura appeared holding them back.
“You guys both need to help her by not killing each other!”
Hagi relaxed.
“Adura do you see where she is.”
“My silver eye does not reach that far. The last sight I got was when she boarded the ship. She could be going anywhere. She must be able to sense where he is.”
Guy finally settled down.
“You know where she is, Adura, don’t lie.”
“You may be telepathic but you’re not good enough to hear conversations yet.”
“Shut up and tell me where she is.”
She sighed.
“I promised her, but some promises are meant to be broken. She is going to Moonlight Island. It is off the coast of Rozellan.”
Hagi walked towards the door.
“As I thought, she is going to William to kill him.”
Guy moved by him.
“We leave now then hurry.”

Meanwhile on Moonlight Island, William toke a drink of blood laced wine. He laughed creepily. A man, from the shadows, appeared. He had shaggy red hair and wore a tux. He stepped out of the shadow. He had a crimson crescent moon on his left arm.
“Aw, young servant, what are we going to do about Voliet and the seal. Her sisters are a problem too. Saya is smart, too smart. Azura, on the other hand, is easy to manipulate.”
“Master, I have a plan.”
“Well, what is it?” William said intrigued.
“Sir, we could use Azura to our advantage. We can use her to persuade Voliet into letting us break the seal. Then she will be her true self. Why I already have someone kidnapping Azura now.”
“Well, well head of me are you good, good, my little puppet Axel. Mwhahaha!”