Grey

trouble

Rory was always in trouble, about to get in trouble, or planning something that would get him in trouble. He was known for his larger than life personality and the wild parties he threw on special occasions; or sometimes for no occasion at all. Being his roommate meant that I had to endure his party-boy lifestyle and everything else that came with it.

“You have to bring Grey to my New Year’s party,” Rory told me on one of our many car trips to nowhere in particular. Rory just liked driving around New York City and listening to music, because he didn’t have a car, and for some reason he enjoyed my company.

“Rory, there is no way I’m bringing Grey to any of your parties,” I laughed, glancing over at him as we waited in the banked-up traffic.

“Why not?” he asked, jutting his bottom lip out in a pout.

“We’ll probably get killed,” I replied. Rory rolled his eyes and reached over to punch me in the arm. “Come on, man!” he complained. “I promise it’ll be tame.”

“When are any of your parties tame?”

“I’m dying to meet her. This is the perfect opportunity!”

“Haven’t you ever wondered why I haven’t introduced her to you yet when I’ve been dating her for nearly four months?” I pointed out.

“Is this the part where I get offended?” Rory said. I laughed and shook my head, looking over at my roommate.

“If I say we’ll show for half an hour, will you shut up?” I asked him.

Yes,” Rory said. “It’ll be an unforgettable night.”

“That all depends on how much alcohol is involved,” I said with a smile and Rory laughed. I regretted my decision to take Grey to the party almost immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't updated since Christmas and that this teeny chapter probably wasn't worth the wait, but big things are coming really soon for this story. Stick with me (: