Status: Keep or Kill?

Deceived

Chapter 2

BY the time both boys had gotten in, the sun was already spraying its dying embers over the snow, somehow making it even more beautiful.

But as soon as Drew was out of sight, Jordan quietly slipped into a back room and climbed on a chair, clutching on a window sill above his head, his hands frantically scrabbling for purchase on the dirt encrusted stone wall. Swearing, he slipped again, hitting his head on the window. He had to get out, and fast. Because if, no, when Drew found out that he had lied to him, he wouldn't be very happy. In fact, he would be furious. Shaking his head he pushed the thought away and focused on the task at hand. Suddenly, a cold draft of wind blew up from beneath him, smothering goosebumps on his arm. He froze just in time to hear a growling sound from underneath his chair. He looked down. And then screamed.

Drew was stood slightly hesitating in front of a shiny metal door. It clearly didn't fit in with the rest of the building but that wasn't what caught his attention. Instead it was the creaking sound that came from it. The sound sent shivers down his spine.

He opened the door

The first thing to hit him was the smell. It was disgusting but at the same time strangely familiar. He looked up, his eyes finally registering the sight in front of him. It was blood. It was spilt in little pools on the floor and bloody hand prints were smeared on the walls. The curtains were ripped from their racks and torn and the same thing could be said for the single sofa in the middle of the room. The horrible stench was now almost overpowering, making Drew reel backwards into something. Something hard and bony. He looked back. A skeleton. There were still bits of rotten flesh attached to the hideous grinning skull. He almost screamed. Almost. But then a strange sense of calm descended down on him. Anyone else would of passed out or ran out screaming. But not Drew. He was tough and he'd been through shit before. A small memory flashed through his head, he remembered being around 11 or 12. "Mum, I'm leaving you" He had already packed up most of his clothes and he was running away. But before he did he wanted to make sure he was making the right decision "What? How dare you? You will... no screw that, get out of my house I never want to see you again" his mum fumed. It was no wonder he ended up in a stupid care home, Drew thought bitterly. But he knew how to take care of himself. And through those tough 2 years that's what he had done.

There was a loud crash at behind him, snapping him out of his thoughts. He spun around and came face to face with something. A man. Dressed head to toe in black and an eye slit in his mask which revealed two cold blue eyes. His eyes narrowed as he raised a machine gun to his head. "Don't move" he snarled. But Drew just gave him an amused smile. Smirking, he darted to the side, knocking the heavy gun away in the process. He moved quickly, sending quick short blows with his fists to his face and stomach and within seconds the man was lying writhing around on the floor. Drew sprinted out of the room, through the seemingly endless maze of corridors. He ended up running out of a back door when he found something lying on the floor underneath a high window
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and suscribe?