Sequel: Resolutionary

C'est La Vie

Douze.

Three days passed quickly and before I knew it I was packing my bags for my flight home. The past few days had been awkward to say the least. I avoided Josh at all costs. He kept trying to talk to me but I was furious at the stunt he had pulled.

I ran across the square, my heels clicking against the cobblestone as I pushed through the hoards of people there for the lighting ceremony. I heard my name being yelled behind me but I didn't stop until I had found Buddy. He was leaning against a light post, eyes on his phone, but he looked up when I called out his name desperately.

"Babe what's wrong?"

I shook my head, a few tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Can we just go to yours now? Please?" I begged.

Buddy nodded slightly, but wrapped an arm around my waist nonetheless. He escorted me back to my car, helping me get in and laying his jacket over my body. We were silent for the drive to his house. Buddy held my hand in his all the way into the house, where he pulled me down on the couch with him.

He kissed me gently and I sighed, not really in the mood for his touch. I couldn't get over Josh's actions. He thought he could just come over and kiss me and everything would be alright? Fine and dandy!

The doorbell rang and Buddy got up to answer it, propping it open with a doorstop as people started flooding through his house. I took off my jacket and ran up to his bedroom to lay it across his messy bed. I rolled my eyes at the mess but ignored it and returned downstairs. I spotted Josh and the boys as I came down the staircase and ran the other way when I hit the first floor.

Somehow I ended up in Buddy's kitchen, where I grabbed a cup of some fruity drink off the counter and chugged it refilling it immediately. I repeated this action a couple more times, feeling the liquid courage surge through my veins. I grinned seductively at Buddy from my spot in the kitchen. He was sitting on a couch in the living room that was facing the kitchen entryway.

I pushed through the mass of people crowding into the kitchen as the bass thumped along with my footsteps. When I got to Buddy I slid onto his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. I pressed my lips to his passionately, ignoring any remaining thoughts of Josh. Buddy kissed me back just as passionately, his hands grasping my hips in desperation as the kiss heated up. I pulled away with a smirk. My eyes raised and I turned my head slightly to see Josh standing there, a red cup in his hand and an unrecognizable look in his eyes.

I returned my mouth to Buddy's with a laugh even after I saw my brother's worried look.


I had decided not to do anything about Buddy and I. He was coming over in a few minutes to say goodbye since my family was bringing me to the airport. Buddy seemed to agree that we could be alright and stay together. He was going to come visit soon anyways, right on his spring break, he promised.

I was alright with that. We weren't an official couple or anything anyways. I unzipped one of my larger suitcases, piling in all of my neatly folded dresses and tops before running out of room and opening the next one. I repeated my actions, filling this one with any remaining clothes before grabbing my last, little duffel and filling that with my makeup and any other little trinkets I had gotten on my trip.

I would be taking a carry on, of course. My purse was filled with my phone, gum, and multiple crossword and puzzle books that I always enjoyed doing on long trips.

A knock on the door startled me from my thoughts as I tossed the duffel on top of one of my rolling suitcases. I looked over towards my bedroom door as it swung open, revealing a shy looking Buddy.

He entered my room, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I buried my face in his shoulder and tugged lightly on his little jedi braid playfully, trying to keep the situation light.

"Don't worry. You'll see me soon enough," I whispered in his ear.

I could feel his smile, making me laugh a little. He pulled away, meeting my eyes with his blue ones. As he was about to press his lips to mine, a voice yelled out my name from downstairs.

"Yes mom?" I called down, biting my lip and tightening my hold on Buddy.

"It's almost time to leave sweetheart!"

"Alright!" I yelled back.

Buddy pulled me close again.

"I'll miss you," he mumbled.

"You better," I teased.

I walked downstairs with him, him helping me carry my suitcases. At the door he pressed his lips to mine gently, promised to text me all the time, and was gone. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

The house was empty except for my mom and I. Evan and the boys had gone out to the store and would be returning so they could bring me to the airport.

I was sad to go. It was great being able to reconnect with my family, even if it was under strange circumstances. I would definitely miss Max and Chris. We had all been so close.

My mom came up behind me as I stared out the living room window.

"Do you have everything from your room? You don't want to forget anything important," she said, a sad smile on her face.

I shrugged and made my way upstairs. The room was empty aside from the furniture. I opened the closet, not expecting to find anything, but there was a wrapped package on the top shelf. I stood on my tiptoes, grabbing it and pulling it down.

It was a small package, wrapped in Christmas paper with a note attached to the front of it that read 'Joshy.' I gaped. Christmas had been somewhat awkward what with Josh's previous stunt the night before at Trafalgar Square. I must have forgotten to bring it down and put it under the tree in my anger at him.

I walked downstairs with it and placed it in my purse just as the door opened and all the boys filed in.

We left the house immediately: My mom, step dad, Chris, and I in one car, and Josh, Dan, Max, and Matt in the other. It was a silent ride, which I spent mostly staring out the window and trying to remember everything around. I didn't know how long until I would be able to come back.

Before I knew it we were at the airport and my bags had been checked. We were all standing outside of security since nowadays you can't go past security even if you were just seeing someone off.

I said goodbyes to my step dad and mom first. I was so upset to leave my mom that I couldn't help but let a few tears escape. I saw her tears too as we pulled apart from our hug. My mother and I's relationship was always close, no matter the distance.

Next came the boys. Matt and Dan hugged me tightly, wishing me the best until they saw me again, which they hoped was soon. Then it was time for Max and Chris. Chris hugged me first, laughing when I threatened that he needed to come visit me in Boston and take me to one of their shows. Max literally wouldn't let me go. He had his arms wrapped tightly around my waist and I laughed as Chris and Dan tried to pull him off.

"No!" he cried. "My best friend can't leave me!"

He chuckled, but I could see the little tears in the corner of his eyes as I hugged him one last time.

The last person, and the one I admittedly didn't want to say goodbye to, was Josh. We stood awkwardly in front of each other before I remembered what was in my purse. I reached in, pulling out the soft package and handing it to him. I wrapped an arm around him quickly and awkwardly, muttering a "bye" and waving to my family and friends as I passed through security.

I turned, looking back and meeting Josh's eyes. He looked frozen, shocked, and most of all, angered. I made my way to the escalator that would take me up to terminal three. My eyes watered up as I realized he probably opened up the package and note.

"You can't just leave! Not now, not ever!" Josh yelled. "Jordan!"

I shook my head at him, my tears flowing down my face as I hurried up the escalator.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter left!
It's been so long. Ugh. My junior year has been crazy, especially this past week with the passing of my friend's dad.
Please keep him in your thoughts.