Sequel: Resolutionary

C'est La Vie

Huit.

The party was a rager. Well, as much as a rager as one could be for a bunch of middle-aged men and women. People milled about the first floor of our house, a few trickling downstairs into the basement with my mom. She was showing everyone what she had done to keep a simple hangout for a bunch of rowdy boys and me.

I was, unluckily, answering the door every time it rang or walking around mingling. It was hard to be so social with people my mom's age, who claimed to remember me from when I was a child. In reality I had no clue who any of them were.

The door rang again and I rolled my eyes. Moving from my perch on the edge of the couch where I was chatting with Matt was a pain. He had been telling me all about the band's adventures on tour, which were quite amusing to say the least.

I walked across the foyer, my heels clicking against the hardwood floors. When I opened the door I was pleasantly surprised. Standing outside was an older man and women, maybe in their sixties, and a man that looked my age wedged between them. He had light brown hair and blueish eyes. A small jedi braid was next to his right ear. I smiled back at them and stepped aside to let them in, uttering a quiet, "Hello."

As they entered, I let my eyes trail over his body. He had a leather jacket over a grey hoodie and I could just see the traces off a tattoo sticking out over the hoodie collar. He walked with a confident step into the foyer where he wiped his shoes politely on the welcome rug. I self-consciously smoothed down my dress and stood a little straighter as he turned around.

Sticking out a hand, he smiled and said, "'Ello. I'm Buddy. I'm friends with the guys."

I stepped forward and waved my hand to motion him to follow me as I walked down the hall. "I'm Jordan, Chris' sister."

"He's told me lots 'bout you. Nice to finally meet you," he replied, shaking his hair out of his face.

When we entered the living room a chorus of greetings were shouted to the boy next to me and he left my side to go and say hello to everyone, slapping hands with Chris and Matt. I resumed my perch on the edge of the couch, this time alone. Clearly Buddy was the life of the party - everyone was surrounding him, laughing and chatting about something.

I ran the lace of my dress through my fingers, picking at it but not damaging the material. Sighing, I lifted myself off the couch and hurried upstairs to my room before I would be noticed. The second I entered my room I stripped off my dress and tights, leaving me clad in only a pair of matching deep blue lace panties and bra. I stared at myself in the mirror and pinched at the little scar on my hip, rolling my eyes.

I had done some stupid dare my freshman year of college that involved a lot of beer, a mud slide, and an angry store owner. Somehow I ended up cutting myself as I slid, quite drunkenly I might add, down the crudely set up mud slide. I must have hit a branch or something that was left on the side of the hill. I couldn't properly remember that night so it didn't matter too much to me.

"Jord- Oh shit, sorry!"

I turned around, my hands immediately reaching up to cover my chest. My face changed to beet red when I saw that it was Buddy standing there.

"Ur, can you just... Um one second," I stuttered, tripping over my words a few times in a frantic breath.

I pulled open my dresser drawer and grabbed a pair of PJ shorts and tank, slipping them on quickly and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Why are you in my room? Uh, Buddy you can look now," I said, noting that he hadn't removed his hands from his eyes or turned around.

"I saw you 'eading up and thought I'd come up to say 'ello."

"You've already said hello though," I murmured, puzzlement crossing my face.

"Well it can't help to 'ave more than just Chris and the boys to 'ang with while you're here. Plus if you ever need to go out, a pretty girl like yourself can't just go out alone," Buddy replied, a slight smirk crossing his face as he laughed.

I rolled my eyes but chuckled at him. I knew he didn't have bad intentions. He sat down next to me on the bed, shifting the bed slightly so I ended up leaning towards him. Buddy didn't seem to notice. He just kept talking. I watched him as he told me a lot about the area and what the boys were like.

Buddy was keeping me interested and I really didn't want that. I snapped back to reality when Buddy stopped talking. He was looking down at me and I, up at him. I realized just then how I had been leaning against him. My head was resting against his shoulder and my legs almost on top of his.

I moved back, separating ourselves, a flush crossing my face.

"Sorry," I squeaked. "I didn't even realize-"

Buddy placed his hand on my cheek and I stopped talking. He silenced me with just one movement. Slowly he leaned down until he was level with my face.

"Is this okay?" he whispered.

I merely nodded before his lips gently touched mine. Only our lips touched. It was the farthest thing from sexual but I wanted more. My desire for Buddy was so intense that I forgot all about how I was leaving in six days and probably would never see him again. His other hand found my other cheek and he brought my lips to his a little bit more eagerly this time, his mouth opening against mine.

I pulled back, resting my forehead against his as we panted, smiles crossing both our faces. I bit my lip gently, moving away a little bit more, just enough so I could comfortably look into his eyes.

"I'm leaving soon," I murmured.

A hint of sadness crossed Buddy's eyes but he nodded. "I talked to your mom. Why don't we just...see where this is going?"

I smiled at him and mumbled a quiet yes. What I was getting myself into, I had no idea. He placed his hand gently over mine on the bed.

"It doesn't 'ave to be anything serious Jordan. I just...when I walked in today and saw you I realized I'd 'ave to get to know this beautiful girl."

I smiled at him and drew him in for another kiss as we fell back onto my bed. Nothing serious, just fun. I could live with that.



I woke up the next morning satisfied. Buddy and I had spent the rest of the party holed up in my room until his parents sent Chris to find him so they could leave. We didn't do anything. Mostly we talked or listened to music. I was happy to find out that he liked the same music I did, so it was an instant bonding session. Of course, I couldn't keep my lips detached from his for too long. We made out for a little, stopping our conversations at random points when he or I got these devious looks in our eyes.

I walked him to the door when he left, placing a big kiss on his laps right there in the foyer for everyone to see - my lips connected to his, arms around his neck and his around my waist as he pulled me up and into him. Much to the amusement of my mother, a few people at the party noticed and one even wolf-whistled.

Josh, of course, had to be a little douche and snorted as he passed me after Buddy had left, muttering, "Already whoring yourself out? Nice."

He had earned a good slap upside the head from my brother for that one, who scolded him and knocked him a couple more times. It was amusing but I didn't stick around to find out what happened.

I rolled out of my bed and smiled at myself in the mirror as I ran a brush through my hair quickly. Once again I was home alone, but this time things would be different.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hi c:
All your comments are lovely! Thanks so much <3