Status: *Remember to put something interesting here*

Innocent Sin

Introduction...or so it seems

"A knight in shining armor, That's what they called him. Pathetic really, don't you agree Dot?" My sister pestered me with a conversation finally after much squirming.

"Hes no more then another lazy man with a sword," I sigh my home accent shining though. England. Just Another city of civilized humans...but inside their all seeking something. Some form of release...to release all the pent up frustrations inside them.

At least that's what I saw when I looked down and out my window. Sad creatures in need of a purpose. But not me...no, I had my calling.

She sighed as my answer did not meet hers, "I suppose so but he is quite handsome..." She bounced in her chair. All she ever thought about was getting married. Quite a vain creature I think. But aren't we all? Vain little mice trying to reach what we haven't got...I'm sorry. I tend to think of things too darkly. There are some nice people out there...I just haven't met them yet.

"Dot? Hello? Are you even listening?" She whined still fussing over that man. Oh Lord. The new head of arms at Handrell. He has full command our troops and what does he do? He gets rid of them all! Heaven knows why. Probably wanted troops only loyal to him.

As if on cue.

"Here comes the troops from his privet army." I say as twenty men in blue arms march down the street to Handrel.

"Oh let me see!" Mary squealed pushing me aside and sitting on my spot at the window seat.

"That's going to be me someday." I whispered in awe at the men below.

There wasn't anything more unacceptable thing was a woman becoming a person in arms. I knew my sister didn't approve of my dream. But those men...they fought for us. Defended every mother and child, every grandfather and father. I wanted nothing more than to hold one of those light thin swords...nothing more than to proudly wear our colors...nothing more then to be a woman in arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, why did I chose such a strange title for a midieval story? Well todays girls (and women) can do just about anything, (Hurrray for us!! :D ) and we consider things like 'wanting,to be a fighter' innocent, when back then it was considered a sin.
~Mallory