If Only....

If Only There Was No Such Thing As Peer Presure

“You do know that are no real drug dealers down here” Danny said, I never knew if he was to convince us or himself but he tried in his fashion to turn it around “There’s just the boogie man and the…”

“oh shut up!” Vicky snapped. ever since I’ve known Vicky the track had been a very touchy subject with her I never understood why, I think it had something to do with her cousin or some other distant family member.

“No one is forcing you to come Vicky!” Danny answer “so if your gonna be like that go home the long way. We’ll tell you how the disco was!”

“Don’ t think you can talk to me like that! You know very well that I’m not going to walk home the long on my own. So don’t think that you’re not pursuing any one down here all right!” she yelled.

The two of them had fire in there eyes to proud to quench it. “Do something” I whispered to Matt. A cheeky smile spread across his face, took a deep breath and began to scream
“ding ding round one, and this is a tough one who will walk away vicious – who will win this staring completion” Vicky playfully hit him, telling him to shut up. Danny cracked up laughing and blew in Vicky’s eyes with the cant “I won - I won”.
“My hero” I joked and we continued to the old track.

Grass soon became mud. It began to get cold and the wind more violent, the silence was so defining it hurt my ears, I’ll always remember that silence, it wasn’t awkward, none of us wanted to say anything, it was eerie, suspicious and hurtful, only broken with an uncharacteristic wiper from Vicky. The sky gave no comfort it was pure black, no stars played in it, and it was empty, with the exception of one uncommonly bright lonely moon. I wanted to go back, we all did, I could hear their thoughts in the silence, I stop caring about that dam disco, and there would be another one on again. If only I had said something? If I did, things might have been different! It was no use any way to go down by the old track! We had walked so slowly to avoid it that it was too late to be home on time! So why didn’t I say any thing? Did I want to voice our fear? No, simply no, they would have made me walk home on my own – they had something to prove. Well they proved it.