Until the End

Release the Curse

For the last couple of days Yesenia has been looking after her sister hoping there would be some sign that she was improving. There was no such thing. Their parents looked at the wounds that were inflicted upon Alba and they both said the same thing; she was fine and it was only a matter of time that she would wake up.

Yesenia knew time was not on her side. The longer her sister stayed unconscious the greater risk her sister would be in a coma like state. She didn’t know what was wrong or why she wasn’t waking up, but the restlessness was getting to her.

“Yesenia.” She heard her mother say her name a few more times before placing a hand on her shoulder to regain the attention. Still not looking at her mother, she heard the words that didn’t mean much to her at the moment. “She’ll wake up. She just needs time.”

Why couldn’t she believe that?

There was something that Odara wasn’t telling her, wasn’t there? Yesenia could believe that Peter knocked Alba into the next year with that sickening throw he did on her. Yes, she was aware of his name. She caught up and from the files that she looked at, he was Peter Hale; uncle of Derek’s and the sole survivor of that fire ten years ago.

What pissed her off were the details that Stiles accidentally slipped to her while he called her the other day. He wanted to see how Alba was feeling and in the craziness of it all and how things changed so suddenly, Yesenia now knew that Derek was on Peter’s side.

The same side that killed his sister and more than likely killed her sister too or that was what it felt like.

The twin connection that she had with Alba was slowly slipping and she had no clue how to deal with it. Was this karma coming back? Yesenia knew that having twins with a goddess was frowned upon because the powers were spilt down the middle and now that Alba was knocking on death’s door, Yesenia might be the victor and be the sole demigoddess.

She didn’t want that. Yesenia wanted her other half; her better half to be alive because she didn’t know how she was going to handle this whole thing if she was alone. Getting up from the seat that she made comfortable for herself in the past couple of days, she suddenly heard a knock on the door.

She jumped at the sound, paranoia taking over. It wouldn’t be Peter or Derek would it? It wouldn’t be so wise to jump them in their own home in the middle of the day. Walking out of her sister’s room, she eyed the door before she walked down slowly and carefully. Odara hasn’t made a move towards the door which should have eased her mind, but it didn’t.

Twisting the door handle, Yesenia came face to face with—

“Avery? What the hell are you doing here?”

Avery Jackson, one of the lacrosse players that suspiciously hangs out with her younger sister. The tall teen awkwardly smiled as he said, “I, uh. I’m actually wanted to check if Al is okay.”

Yesenia’s hand clenched around the door knob, feeling the item shake underneath her grasp. “If she was okay, do you think I would be here? Why aren’t you at school?” She narrowed her eyes, wondering why someone like him was skipping school in the first place. Despite his athletic skills, he also was one of those people that took pride in his perfect attendance.

He shattered that chance big time.

“Alba is more important. Has there been any improvement?”

“No.” Yesenia grumbled. “Not in the slightest.”

“What happened that made her this way? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“I actually do mind.” Yesenia was getting irritated and fast; right when she was going to bite his head off with another snarky remark, he was saved by her mother who suddenly appeared at the door, introducing herself.

He looked a bit shocked that the twins actually have a mother and when he stumbled over his words that he knew they had a mother just didn’t think she would be there, Odara saved him for utter stupidity.

“If Albie wakes up, I’ll be sure to call you.” Closing the door behind her, Odara gave her daughter a look.

“Don’t give me that look. He deserved it.”

“Yesenia, you have to be more sympathetic. Alba will have more visitors as the days pass so why don’t you practice being more understanding, hm?”

The bitterness that was held on her face did not fade as she trekked herself up the steps again and walked into Alba’s room to see if there was any progress since she left.

There was none.

_ _ _

“You have to come to formal Yessie. It’s a once in a lifetime thing.”

Yesenia rolled her eyes at the dramatic nature of Lydia; since Alba wasn’t there to buffer the time that she spent with the red head, she spent even more time than what she actually wanted to. Pursing her lips she mumbled to herself as she saw Lydia going through a stack of dresses and saw Allison wander around on her own.

Instinctively, Yesenia’s hand lightly touched her right side hoping that nothing freaky happened while she was out with friends. To be honest she was forced by the dragon named Lydia to get a life outside of sitting next to her sister’s bed waiting for her.

That was the worst possible punishment that Yesenia could make for herself in the words of the she-dragon herself. So what better way to get her mind off of her sister than shopping for dresses? It was a stupid idea since she wasn’t even going in the first place and when Lydia caught wind of this she turned around in a demanding tone, “You are going. No friend of mine is staying home being one of those low lives that sits on the couch playing with crossword puzzles.”

“They are a lot more fun than hearing your talk.” Yesenia mumbled.

Lydia didn’t hear as she picked out a few dresses before pushing Yesenia to go find one for herself. “You are going so pick out a dress and I’ll pay for it so there is no way out of it. Pick a dark color for your dress, but nothing black. You aren’t going to a funeral.”

Yesenia grumbled even more as she walked to the other side to find a dress in her size, she lazily looked around. Her eyes wracked through the pastel colored dresses when the pain in her right side started to burn. She couldn’t wrap her mind around it until she heard the soft yet demonic voice of Peter beside her.

“Hello Yesenia. It’s been a while since we have seen each other.”

The demigoddess kept her lips shut, but her eyes cautiously looking over to his as that sinister smile was on his lips. The same smile that she saw when he finally found them and threw Alba across the room like she was some type of ragdoll.

“I like your hair down, it gives more of a goddess feel to it.” Peter stepped forward until he was shoulder to shoulder with Yesenia. He felt her tense in contact, “How’s your sister? Still in a coma I presume? I threw her harder than I anticipated; I guess I just don’t know my own strength.”

His blue eyes peered up at the flickering lights and one of the racks in front of them beginning to twist like a Twizzler. “Now Sen. How many times do I have to tell you that you should control your emotions? It’s not good to reveal such secrets to the public.” He muttered.

“What the hell do you want from me?” Yesenia growled. “If you want to kill me then fucking do it. Stop wasting your damn time by playing mind games.”

“Kill you? Yesenia, I don’t want to just kill you.” He wrapped an arm around her, bringing her closer to him as he whispered, “I want to torture you in the most unimaginable way and having your boyfriend on my side does have its perks.”

He watched to see if there was any reaction that would come from the teen girl, “So someone told you that Derek is working for me. Now that blows the surprise, but what you don’t know,” Peter smiles into her ear when he said, “Derek is on his way to deal with your sister and that…is what I love to call a surprise.”

Leaning away from her, he chuckled at the anger that was mixed on her face. Yesenia could care less if Peter called Derek her boyfriend, that didn’t mean anything to her at the moment. She felt his claws piercing her tattooed skin, the burning sensation crawled up her body as he continued to talk.

“If you don’t give me what I want, I will have Derek kill her. Understand?”

Yesenia breathed in deeply as she muttered, “What do you want?”

A groan escaped her when he dug his claws deeper into her, “I want you to lift the curse off of us; I’m just so sick and tired of you and your sister having this connection between us. I’m my own Alpha and having a teenage girl or two for that matter having control over any werewolf she comes across can be demeaning. So it would be pleasant if you got that done.”

Thousands of thoughts raced through her mind as she stared at the metal bar that was holding up the dresses on the rack. “I don’t know how to do that and I have no way of finding out.”

The sound of disapproval came out of Peter’s lips, “The way you said that is what makes me want to laugh as if you have no idea how.” As a deep growl emitting from his throat, he hissed, “I know your mother is here so there is no point of trying to hide anything now. Ask to release the curse or I will kill everyone you know while you watch them burn.”

When she was suddenly released, her hand immediately went to her injured side underneath her leather jacket. Looking around, there was no sign of Peter.

“Yesenia!”

She quickly turned around to see Lydia coming towards her. “Found a dress?”

The teen girl was utterly confused by the question until Lydia herself lifted the dress that was clasped into her hand. “Is this the one you picked?” Yesenia glanced down at the dress; she didn’t remember picking this one out. Glancing around in her usual behavior, she nodded wanting to get out of there as fast as she could.

And if she thought she was crazy enough, she felt her whole body in distress, calling out for help. Yesenia paused for a minute as her mind went off somewhere else, in her eyes she can see a dark room that had one beaming light hitting her skin.

An animalistic roar left her lips before her eyes were met with a sinister pair, the eyes of a woman to be exact. The way that woman looked at her was a mixture of joy and one of a maniac, really enjoying the fact that she was tied up.

Yesenia felt her body finally shake with Lydia and now Allison was there with them. Allison had a worried look on her face asking if she was alright. Her face was slightly pale and almost clammy from the beads of sweat she thought she had on her forehead, but felt nothing, but soft dry skin on her fingertips.

“You sure?” Allison pressed.

“For God’s sake she said yes! Let’s go already.”

The three girls walked towards the register as the one thing that stuck out in Yesenia mind was the same werewolf that has been giving her a hard time yet conflicting thoughts simultaneously. The thing that troubled her was if he was in actual danger or actually they had conjured up this plan to lure her in by using her powers against her.

For the time being, Yesenia didn’t know what to believe and it was a little sick that she actually did want to help him.
♠ ♠ ♠
The greatness of being sick =_=
I feel like utter crap when I type up chapters, but here it is. I am so sorry for the hiatus. I just need to clear my mind and really just sit down and refresh my mind as to where I left off. I still have my old ideas, but might mix in with the new ones that I have with my medicated mind haha
I like to thank RealTalkProject, CrazyPebbles21 and moonprotector for their comments.