Until the End

Sense of Longing

“Honey, Albie will be okay.” The soothing voice of her mother slipped right through her, her eyes only focusing on her twin sister that was still recovering. Why was it taking so long? Yesenia didn’t understand the velocity of the situation that was handed to her and she felt lost.

For once she didn’t have Alba by her side to have that sort of comfort; that sort of security to know that she will always have her sister by her side. Now that she was in a coma she didn’t know what to do.

Yesenia felt a huge lump in her throat; forcing it down she shook her head in defiance. “No she won’t. We’ve done everything and she still hasn’t woken up yet and what about Peter?” Watery brown eyes desperately looked at her mother. “What about him? I told you what he said to me. Why can’t I just lift the curse? It would do us all some good, Al and I could leave and live a normal life. We never asked for this. None of it.”

Odara gaze at her daughter with compassion, placing a gentle hand on Yesenia’s shoulder before tightening her grip to force the teen to look up at her mother. “I don’t want to hear you speaking like we are defeated. This is far from over, Yesenia. We are not done. We are never done and can never escape. You cannot simply lift the curse and that is why you will prepare yourself for the worst.”

The mother knelt beside her frightened daughter, gripping one of those feeble hands in a vice hold. “You cannot give up yet. Alba might not make it and if she doesn’t…it gives you no reason to grieve. Not yet.”

Yesenia didn’t want to listen to a word her mother was saying, but she was right. There was a possibility that Alba might not make it. That there was an inkling of a chance that she will be alone in this and the visions of Derek weren’t letting up neither.

Small snippets of Kate playfully torturing him only provided a sick feeling that bubbled in her stomach. The mere thought of everything collapsing was giving her a hard time to breathe. “But for now,” Odara’s voice rang through her ears; a loving hand cupped her bronze cheek. “You go to the dance and look out for everyone else. I have a feeling they will be needing your assistance.”

“No. Alba needs me.”

“Yesenia.” Odara’s voice rose, stern and sharp cutting through the air. “Go. I’ll take care of Alba.”

The internal fight with herself was raging on. Yesenia dare not budge from her seat. There wasn’t a doubt in her mind that her mother will force her to go even if she has to pull her by the hair to do so. Instead of the humiliation and after persisting that the mother can look after Alba despite not having her abilities anymore, she got ready.

Her heart pumped in her ribcage as she slipped on the tight purple number that Lydia picked out for her. The dress nicely fit her toned body and with a glare at her ample chest, she huffed knowing there was very little that she could do to hide it. Putting the leather jacket on to cover her upper body, she felt grumpy after doing simple make-up. Applying Chap Stick to her dry lips she shoved her wide feet into black pumps that insisting squeezed the life out of her poor feet.

Cursing softly, she walked out of her room with her necessary things. Giving one more glance at Alba hoping that she would open her eyes her heart sank. Biting her lip, she swiftly left the house reminding herself that it was her duty to look after everyone.

Even if she hasn’t fully honed her skills, she still had the ability to help more than most. Slipping into Alba’s car, she drove to the school with newfound determination. Her epiphany was short lived when she arrived at the school to see flickers of lights in her eyes, the roar that echoed in her mind sent shivers down her spine. “Derek.” She whispered softly.

She was worried. As much as she tries not to lead on that she doesn’t; she does. For the past few days that was all she was thinking about and the visions helped her realized that she cared for the bastard. Yesenia pursed her lips when she saw Jackson arm and arm with Allison while Stiles was standing awkwardly beside Lydia. A short conversation commenced between the groups before Jackson walked off with Allison in tow.

Getting out of the car, she watched Lydia spin on her heel and storm into the school with Stiles trailing behind her. “Yesenia?” Turning her head slightly, she caught a glimpse of a limb before she recognized it was the guy that she begrudgingly agreed to go to the dance with.

The boy’s face automatically washed with relief as a small welcoming smile was in place. Taking steps closer to her, he murmured his gratitude, “Glad you could make it. For a moment I thought you were going to ditch me.” He chuckled awkwardly.

Yesenia blinked blankly, she shrugged before crossing her arms. “Why don’t we just head inside?” His name easily escaped her, patting his arm when he looped his around hers, they walked inside together. The booming music enveloped them Yesenia’s eyes started to dart around the room to see where her group of friends were. There was no doubt that Stiles would wander into trouble and Scott will no doubt show up.

Eyes scanning around the room, she instantly spotted Jackson and Allison. Glancing at them from a distance to double check they were indeed still there before she felt someone pull her right arm down. Yesenia grimaced when she was met with an irritated set of green eyes.

“I thought you weren’t coming?”

“Hey Lydia.” Yesenia pulled on her dress to cover her tan legs before she tapped on her date asking if he can so kindly get her something to drink. She needed the space away from this guy and focusing on Lydia who was supposed to be with Stiles was a bit unsettling. “Where’s Stiles?”

“Over there.” Lydia pointed a manicured finger over her shoulder and sure enough Stiles was doing the same thing her date was about to do. “So,” Yesenia turned her head back towards the red head. “I hope you know that I didn’t give him any invitation to ask me to the dance. He did it on his own.”

Her jaw tightened, what is it with people thinking that there is something going on between her and Stiles? There was nothing that hinted that they were in fact into one another. The only thing between them was friendship, if that. Yesenia bit the inside of her lip and decided to make the red head spin.

“It’s his choice to ask whoever he wants.”

“Did you guys get into a fight?” Lydia tilted her pretty little head a fraction, her not so innocent eyes glinting in something devious. “Because I can help you settle that instead of trying to make him jealous by coming with pug face over there.”

“Yeah like you were-” Yesenia was cut off with the pull of her hand of the persistent teen and was dragged over to the two boys that were on their way over to their spot. It was inevitable what was about to transpire. Lydia was known to overstep her boundaries and her vicious temper never really inflicted any emotion from the red head herself. If only Alba was here…

Just what Yesenia expected, Lydia pushed pug face out of the way dismissing his rebuttal before colliding Stiles and Yesenia together with a small huff. “Work it out.”

Stiles looked utterly confused and dumbfounded as he stood face to face with one of the few girls that made him nervous. His mouth opened for some kind of escape, but saw that he was trapped with the girl in front of him as Lydia excused herself to the girl’s room.

Glancing back at the quiet girl, he smiled nervously, “So, um, what was that about?”

“Nothing out of the ordinary.”

Stiles narrowed his eyes in puzzlement as he murmured, “Right.” He cleared his throat. “How’s Alba doing?”

“Same.” Stiles felt at a lost. He didn’t understand what was going on or what Lydia was insinuating when she pressed that the two worked things out. “Look, if you want Lydia to get off our cases just hug me and we’ll call it a night.”

“H-Hug you?” He pointed rudely as if it was some kind of weird proposition. Not once as he hugged this girl without fearing that she would maim him in his sleep. The one time they hugged was when she was an emotional wreck and he wasn’t about to protest how weird it was to have her so close at such a vulnerable state.

Yesenia gave him a dirty look, “Yes hug me. Did you forget the meaning of a hug?”

“No. I just—what for?”

“To make up, you idiot!”

“For-”

“If you say for what, one more time I will hurt you.”

Feeling the eyes of Lydia on the two, he stepped closer to the shorter girl. He lifted his arms awkwardly before propping them back down at an utter loss. He didn’t know how to approach it. For the life of him he couldn’t remember why he would have to ‘reconcile’ with Yesenia. When he felt the temper of the demi-goddess in front of him rising he pushed his doubts aside and slowly enclosed his arms around her.

He patted her back and when he turned his face to ask her something, her ebony hair got caught in his mouth making him sputter. Yesenia growled lowly, cursing him at while he apologized. Then it dawned on him. Lydia still thinks that he is with Yesenia. All hopes of being closer to Lydia were now gone.

The satisfaction that was placed on her lips made it clear as he lowered his arms to his side. A low hiss broke him from his trance as he looked at Yesenia. “What is it?”

Yesenia shook her head with a small grin. “I guess Scott couldn’t miss this after all.” Holding onto her side, she stood straight up. Once the commotion died down, she spotted Scott happily with Allison.

“Where’s Lydia?”

“Probably in the girl’s bathroom.” Yesenia trailed off when she saw that Stiles was not beside her anymore. “Dammit.” Her one goal of the night was going to be ruined if any of her friends ran into trouble. She might not be much, but she needed to know that everyone is safe.

Weaving around the gym, she lurked to see the head of her familiar friend. As she walked out of the front entrance, her side started to burn. Yesenia groaned in pain, leaning on the door. The pain was more intense than when Scott appeared and it only meant one thing.

The Alpha was here.

Fear struck her harder than she anticipated. It swallowed her up whole as she gasped for air hoping that the Alpha didn’t seek her out. Something deep inside her told her that he will find her. Taking a few steps into the school, the overwhelming emotions of fear and anger gripped onto her tightly.

Taking deep breaths, Yesenia tried to regain her mind.

“Yesenia.”

Her eyes widened at the whisper. A bead of sweat trickled down the side of her face as the whisper echoed around her again. This time there was a pull, a magnetic pull somewhere. Licking her dry lips, she focused maintaining her sanity without freaking out.

“Yesenia.”

“Derek.” She muttered.

In haste, Yesenia bolted towards her car in urgency. Ignoring her senses around her she climbed in and drove towards the destination. Her mind tried to wrap around the voice in her head, theories erupted from her. The only sensible guess that she had was that she was somehow connected to Derek despite them not seeing eye to eye. The pull directed her in the direction she wanted, no, needed to go.

She was afraid. Afraid for everyone including Derek. Yesenia slowly climbed out of the car once she parked in front of Derek’s burned house. The cool air nipped at her sensitive skin making her shudder. It was then that she remembered that she left her jacket at the dance.

The sense of urgency was replaced with her thought process when she slowly was pulled towards a hidden sewer. Her warm fingers wrapped around the cool metal, slowly pulling it towards her to see that it was free from restrain. Stepping in, she shuddered at the eerie aura in this place. Closing the door behind her, she continued her journey towards the end of the tunnel.

The hairs in the back of her neck stood up high when she reached the hall that was well lit. The pit of her stomach flopped knowing someone was down here; either Derek or someone else. Slowly stepping towards another door, she took a deep breath as her shaky hand held the door knob.

Twisting the knob, she opened it to see what she has envisioned.

Shrouded in complete darkness, Yesenia stepped forward at the figure standing upon a platform or what she assumed was there since it was feet above her. “Yesenia?” Air got caught in her throat as she heard her name. She hated how emotional she was becoming; her empathy has raised a hundred fold since Alba was induced into a coma.

“Derek.” She stood on the platform after regaining her sanity. “Let’s get you out of here.”

“And what can you do to help?”

“Just let me fucking help you, okay? It was fucking annoying having visions about you and this stupid place.” Those touching feelings were instantly tucked away as she glared at the werewolf before her. “Stupid dog and his pride”, she grumbled to herself.

Yesenia jumped back when she heard a loud pop. Derek groaned in relief, the small amount of light from the moon let her know that his left hand was free. “See. I can help.” She muttered. As he took off the bandages with wires from his side, Yesenia concentrated on the two lower locks.

“Yesenia.”

“Don’t bug me. Ruins my concentration.”

“Yesenia.” Derek stressed her name out, gripping her tightly for her to focus on him. Her body collided with his as he huffed out that she needed to hide. None of the words seeped into her skull as her body felt a small tug in her loins. More confusion entrapped the young teen before she was pushed aside. “Hide.

Yesenia quickly bent down and tucked herself away in a corner. The small tug came with the burning in her side annoyed her. There was a sense of longing in her that she never felt before and with her eyes focused on Derek she knew that she needed to get rid of these feelings and fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy. I'm so sorry that I have put this story on hiatus and didn't even give none of you a notice. I just wasn't feeling it at the time and lost part of my muse. Then overcome with vigor I decided to come back after a huge vacation back and still going to travel in July, a huge month for me. Still need to catch up on Teen Wolf so any comments will be welcomed :)