Until the End

Change of Power

Harshly biting her cheek, Yesenia waited patiently as the footsteps gotten louder. Easily she could tell that it is human, the loud pounding of boots echoed from the hall and sitting in complete darkness, she tried not to move. Suddenly the footsteps stopped.

Her breath hitched as a blare of light shined on Derek, her vision blinded for a moment as her sight got adjusted. Observing the older man, possibly a little taller than her, bald sweaty head from doing whatever activity he did before this, a portly man who wore a smug grin that she wanted to slap off his disgusting face. Seeing that the man knew what Derek is by the way he spoke to him, it could only mean one thing.

Hunters.

It didn’t take a genius that hunters are real more less in the supernatural world. She’s seen the shows to prove it and when he grasped the bat he hid behind his back, smacking it against his palm for emphasis. Yesenia cursed it was wooden; the urge to help him grew, in the pit of her belly it lurched forward.

“Yeah? Well I brought company.” Derek spoke, a smugness of his own which Yesenia didn’t understand. If he meant her then shouldn’t they have come up with something?

There is no possible way she had the ultimate surprise now that the man is looking around only to come around to have Derek’s fist colliding with his cheek. Yesenia struggled to not focus on his sweaty body when she spotted Scott. Whispering his name, she popped up. The teen then turned to her with furrowed brows, “Yesenia? What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing.” She said hotly, her hands on her hips. “I did the whole goddess thing.” Waving her hand between her and Derek to make a point; before Scott could point out that she put herself in danger and had no business there, the tied up werewolf had something to say.

“Are either of you going to help me or not?”

Yesenia glared at the hot headed werewolf, crossing her arms when she felt Scott pull her beside him, half of his body shifting to protect her if necessary. She quirked a brow remembering what Stiles has told her, every wolf she bonds with will have a natural urgency to protect her.

“You need to tell me how to stop Peter, and then we’ll help you.”

Aggravated with his question, Derek shot back, “Do you seriously want to talk about this? Right now?” Scott’s main concern is Peter is going to go after Allison and her family something he had to protect, all the mix emotions fluttering in her stomach, she guessed it’s her friend. Derek still didn’t budge with his motives until the teenager leveled with him.

Told him the whole truth of Peter and Derek’s sister; standing there utterly confused by the situation of why Allison had to do with anything. Plus she thought all of Derek’s relatives were dead. Now having Derek on their side, Scott broke him out.

All three escaped through which she came and instantly as they stepped out into the open woods, Scott turned to her, “You need to go home.”

“I’m not going anywhere.” Standing her ground, she dug her heels as she watched Scott stalk his way over to her, Derek heavily panting. “I’m not leaving you here. You need my help.”

“I can’t always protect you, Yesenia. Peter wants you and you are making it that much easier.” The teen girl shook her head, refusing to leave. There is nothing he could do about it and when Derek puffed that it’s stupid for them to bicker out in the open, they agreed to go into the house. Midway, Derek stopped forcing the two teens to turn.

“What’s wrong?”

“Something doesn’t feel right.” He muttered.

“What do you mean?”

Derek licked his lips, still panting slightly as he glanced around, “It felt like—it was too-” instantly Scott interrupted him, he rather not hear what he had to say next. Regardless, Yesenia couldn’t shake off the feeling either, now that she is highly aware that she is standing in the woods with two werewolves one not in the best conditions had her on edge.

It was too easy. There weren’t any traps or other hunters wedged in odd places for a surprise attack. Detecting the world around her, Yesenia let out a surprise gasp when an arrow wedged into Derek’s chest, the force and surprise caught him off guard, his body falling to the ground when another arrow notched itself on his leg.

Her brown eyes widened when she spun around to see… “Allison?” She whispered in disbelief. There she stood, the new girl with an arrow strung on a bow, a woman standing next to her with a malicious look in her eyes.

“Scott! Your eyes!” Derek shouted.

Clueless as to what he meant, Yesenia and Scott were too late when the bright light sparked once it hit the tree. Yesenia screamed as she fell to her knees, frightened by what is happening. A part of her wanted to help Derek, she had some healing abilities because of Alba’s state, but the other part told her to keep her eyes on the two women.

While keeping her eyes on the women, she didn’t see Derek yanking out one arrow out effortless with gritted teeth. It is the second arrow that brought her attention back to Derek, the broken arrow imbedded into his flesh, he pulled letting out an agonizing scream.

Before she knew it, Derek yelled at her, “Get up!” Pulling on the back of her dress, she flew up pulling her back from her state of shock. Derek limped, pulling on Scott’s hood, dragging him along and she tried to keep up, throwing Scott’s arm around her shoulder to help them along. Only several feet did Derek collapse, pushing Scott and Yesenia forward. “Go!”

His tone of determination hit her full force as Scott blindly fell bringing her down with him. She groaned colliding with the ground to see Allison and the woman approaching.

“What is a girl out you here out here? Didn’t your parents teach you not to wander off in the dark?” The mysterious woman questioned. Yesenia sat a distance between the two werewolves and feeling utterly helpless, she turned to the woman still standing there. “Unless…” Her eyes widened when a gun is raised towards her. “you are one of them.”

Her heart rapidly beating as she eyed the woman holding the gun, no regret or emotion other than glee at capturing the three of them. “Allison,” the said girl turned to her aunt. “You kill lover boy and I’ll kill these two.”

“K-kill? You never said we had to kill them?” Seems to her that no one told her that hunters capture and torture them, but kill them as well; her eyes wandered towards Yesenia. “I don’t think…Yesenia is one of them.”

Kate laughed bitterly, “What makes you say that? She is one of them…sort of.” That smirk told Yesenia so much more than her eyes as if she saw or knew something. Yesenia breathed loudly as she shook, almost about to plead for her life. Staring into the eyes of death is never what she wanted, there are certain things she rather avoid, this is one of them.

“Leave—her alone.” Derek hissed.

His voice had Kate turn to his the fraction of the way, “Oh sweetheart, defending your girlfriend? I wonder how you are going to protect her with a bullet in her brain.” Yesenia shrieked when the gun went off, her eyes squeezed shut only to feel a swift breeze near her hand.

Lifting her hand, she opened her eyes to see a small hole where the bullet is. Panting, she turned to Kate again who looked amused. “See? She’s not completely defenseless, Allison. Just a whole level of the wolf breed.” Taking steps towards her, Yesenia clawed at the ground, pushing herself away from the oncoming force.

Tears blurred her vision as the gun lifted towards her again only to see it rear back and shoot Derek instead. A soft cry left her lips as Derek laid there motionless, “Now it’s your turn.”

“Kate!” She almost let out a sigh of relief when she saw someone pointing a gun at Kate. Afraid to move an inch towards Derek to check on him, she waited to bated breath as the two fought. Kate being the rogue, rebelling and bringing down every werewolf, ignoring the code that they honored.

She glanced at the two, “Don’t you see what you are doing? You are about to kill an innocent seventeen year old girl.”

“She’s not some innocent seventeen year old girl.” Kate sneered, “I know what she is.” A look of pure disgust and hatred crossed her features.

“Regardless of what she is, there is no proof that she has killed anyone.”

Kate shifted forward, Yesenia lurched backwards, her nails digging into the ground as if it supposed to keep her from crying. “Not yet. Are you honestly going to wait until she does? What Odara did-”

“She is not Odara.” He persisted, “This girl has done nothing wrong. Now put the gun down.” He motioned for her to do as she is told. Stubborn in her ways, Kate’s lips tightened to a firm line as she gazed into Yesenia’s eyes once more.

She looks so much like her mother and it sickened her, Kate’s eyes blazed as her finger pressed on the trigger. It would give her so much satisfaction to kill her and once she is done with her, she can go after her sister and finally the woman she has been searching for, for years.

Yesenia sat there surprised at the hatred being directed towards her. She jumped when a gun gone off to see that the rescuer gave a warning shot. “Put the gun down, Kate.” He pressed her again. Partially looking at Kate, she still held her breath when the gun is lowered. Pressure began to apply to her right side; the searing hot flash of pain hit her like lightning.

She shrieked, clutching her side, Scott bounced to his feet when Allison inquired about her with concern. A flash of something knocked Scott off his feet, guns firing wildly. Her eyes squeezed shut, her teeth gnashing as Scott grabbed her hand telling her everything is going to be alright.

“The…alpha.” She choked out, luckily Scott understood, he too suddenly feeling the Alpha’s presence. It was then that she saw Kate being thrown towards the house with a sickening thud. Yesenia felt breathless as she caught the gaze of Peter, they shared a look. You’re next. Is what it said and it scared her, Peter pulled Kate into the house, Allison came dashing after her.

Pulling herself up, she heard Scott telling her to run. Getting on her feet, she limped to Derek’s side to see him groaning in pain, holding onto his shoulder. “Derek.” She sniffled, “y-you’re going to be okay. I’ll make sure of it.” She murmured.

A new set of determination filled her as she pressed her hand against his wound; he gritted his teeth, groaned in discomfort as she partially healed his wound. Helping him up, she noticed the claws grazing the skin on her hand and when she finally looked up, crystal blue eyes stared into her own. “Run.” He then turned and entered the house leaving her outside.

Shifting her gaze when she noticed something moving, she saw Allison by her father. Urging to move forward, she rushed to their side. “Is he okay?” Allison looked up, shocked to see Yesenia still there.

“I don’t know.” Before Yesenia had the chance of suggesting they move him to a safer location, shatter glass is heard along with Scott rolling onto the ground. Then the fully transformed Alpha followed suit, grabbing Scott by the neck before throwing him like a rag doll. Letting out a roar, his blood red gaze fixed on her, stiffening she stood up taking a few steps away from Allison and her dad.

The Alpha stood still waiting for her to make her next move. Yesenia propelled her feet into the woods only not to get far, her arm is pulled back with so much force she heard a pop. A yelp tumbled out of her lips as she felt her body flying back.

The force of her back hitting the tree took every ounce of breath inside of her. No screams or sound came from her as she fell to the floor. Rage filled her, emitting from the Alpha as he stalked forward, claws gleaming in the moonlight. Yesenia whimpered as her useable hand, scraped the dirt pushing her forward away from him.

Every plan of escape became futile when she felt her burning side growing even stronger, the Alpha stood taller almost grinning in victory. At that moment, he didn’t care about breaking the curse, he wanted to end her, Yesenia felt Peter previously wanting her alive to force him to release them, but now everything is blinded by rage and blood.

About to strike, Scott came forth, swiping at his torso only to be pulled up again. This time the teen werewolf threw his leg into a kick towards his stomach, stunning the Alpha for a moment. Yesenia stumbled onto her feet, her hair obstructing her view.

She spun around to see Scott having enough force to create enough distance. Starting to run back to the house which isn’t that far, she came into the view only to have the Alpha merely seconds before them. A light shined on Peter, Stiles and Jackson came from the car. Stiles the ever so genius threw a beaker only to have it caught.

It didn’t take much for Scott to come up with a solution, throwing the bow and arrows to Allison, he urged her to shoot. The arrow broke the glass, the liquid pouring onto him, he went ablaze. Jackson saw the result and threw his own creating a bigger fire.

The creature roared, flailing around to get rid of the fire. His eyes set on hers once again, determined to kill her. Fangs beared, the fiery beast charged towards Yesenia. Set to run again, she fumbled backwards to have Scott coming in and kicking Peter back. The animal struggled to walk as it walked on all fours, his knees barely grazing the ground before falling.

Slowly he transformed back to his human form, Peter gazed at his hands. Flesh peeling, the smell of burning flesh hit her nostrils as black, pink and red flesh tarnished him. Choking on his own blood that curdled in his bloodstream, he gave way falling onto his back.

Clutching her arm, she hissed lowly as she felt it dislocated. She barely glanced at Scott and Allison having their moment before seeing Derek walking over to Peter’s dying form. The life barely clinging to him as Derek crouched beside his uncle, Scott yelled for him to stop. Frozen, he sighed hearing Scott’s pleading voice, “You said the cure comes from the one who bit you. If you do this, I’m dead. Her father, her family…”

Yesenia gripped her shoulder tightly as she watched what is about to unfold. His intentions are clear, emotions pressing to shed blood. “Wait! Don’t!” It is too late; Derek swiped his claws across Peter’s neck, ending his life.

The small amount of life force that she felt burst is distinguished. Derek stood tall, turning towards the rest of them as his eyes glowed red. “I’m the alpha now.” Yesenia felt a shift of power; a shiver crawled down her spine as she saw his gaze turn to hers. She held her breath as she felt satisfaction coming from him. Shifting her steps towards Stiles and Jackson.

“I need to go to the hospital.” Stiles blinked stupidly at her, her annoyance level instantly rising. “I’m hurt you dunce.”

“Where does it hurt?”

Yesenia hissed, “All over.”

“It’s only a dislocated shoulder.” Allison’s father came forward as he eyed the misplaced bone, “Nothing I can’t fix.”

Stiles weary of the man, stepped forward, “I can do it myself.” He pulled on her arm, forgetting it’s the same one that is dislocated earning a yelp of pain from her. Muttering a string of curses at him, Yesenia huffed taking her chances on the Argent who looks more capable of popping her arm back in than Stiles.

He pressed his palm on the plane of her shoulder and within seconds she felt it snap back in. A flash of pain hit her full force making her lean forward, stomping her foot, she gritted her teeth before sitting on Jackson’s car. “Hey! Get off my car.”

“Oh suck on my imaginary cock.” She muttered darkly, firmly sitting on the hood of the car; she attempted to avoid the burning gaze of Derek. Ownership, wanting, and something completely different, all of which she is restraining herself from walking towards him. There is always one wolf that will be closer than the rest and it’s usually the alpha.

The information Stiles gave her is running through her mind when they all headed back. Yet something told her that she will return, sooner than she thought. When she reached the hospital to check on her injuries, Yesenia smiled in relief when her connection with Alba is reopened again.
♠ ♠ ♠
My muse for this story varies from time to time, luckily after the finale of Teen Wolf I got inspired again.

Thanks to the people who commented,

CrazyPebbles21

realtalkproject

moonprotector

acid_rain88

Plus a new Stiles story in the works, creating my own world in Teen Wolf. A little nervous about it since the show becomes a crutch after a while, but kind of want to do it now. Here it is, The Hidden Ones