Until the End

Sickening Feeling

“How could you be so irresponsible? You shouldn’t have been wandering in the woods in the middle of the night, it’s dangerous! There are things out there that could easily-”

Yesenia drowned her father out as he went on and on about the potential dangers that she could have faced while out there. The only danger she almost faced was that mysterious lingering feeling she had while she was walking back to her house. Something out there that made her uneasy.

She shook her head, Don’t be stupid. Nothing was there she convinced herself.

“-and you…are you even listening to me?” Alan looked at his daughter, halted his pacing around the room.

His brown eyes said everything…

He was beyond pissed and she didn’t care if she pissed him off; she actually wanted to piss him off because if he couldn’t stand her then she could easily go back to Chicago. Alan pinched the bridge of his nose and he mumbled a few things to himself. “Look, padre” she emphasized “I don’t care if there are wild animals out here. Nothing is going to happen to me. So stop your yapping”

“Yesenia” her father said in a warning tone.

He was getting impatient when he talked to his daughter, why couldn’t she be more like her sister? Why couldn’t she just be more accepting, open, and sweet like Alba? Every parent always has one kid that wants to be a rebel and Yesenia was pushing him over the edge with her attitude. Seth took a deep breath as he sat on her bed recollecting his thoughts.

He was happy for the slight moment of silence that was in the room before he said, “I just want to keep you safe and you wandering around the woods at night is not the smartest decision you had made so far. Do you hear about the animal killings? I don’t want to get that phone call that you were hurt or worse”

Alan put a hand on his daughter’s shoulder as he gently squeezed it, “I know you think I hate your mom, but I don’t. All I want was the best for you girls and the best for the time being is staying here with me. Just bear with me for a little while longer and you can go back to Chicago if you want, okay?”

Yesenia narrowed her eyes as she stared at the ground, it was her sign that she didn’t care what her father said. He didn’t love or care for their mother. All he wanted to do was hurt her in the most painful way imaginable and that was taking her kids away from her. It was the cruelest thing he has ever done and she hated him for that.

Alan left to let her ponder on things knowing he didn’t get through to her. He paused when he saw Alba standing in the middle of the hallway with her head leaning on the wall with a worried expression. “She’s fine Al. Why don’t you go to bed?” putting his hand on his youngest daughter’s back, ushering her to her room.

Alba nodded, walking the small distance from where she was standing to her room “Good night, daddy” she mumbled.

“Good night sweetheart”

Yesenia heard the exchange as she plopped on her bed with a huff; it was annoying how loving those two were…how close they have become. Her eyes were wide open as she put her body under the covers not even changing her clothes; she was going to shower in the morning.

The feeling of being watched soon came into her mind again; it was crawling up from her toes to her spine. She let out a shutter, the unsettling feeling was overwhelming so she sat up to get rid of the feeling. The presence was still there. Biting her lip, she pushed the covers back as her feet touched the wooden floor as she walked to the window.

Her deep brown eyes scanned the entire area outside her window and not a single thing was there. Am I going crazy? Wouldn’t surprise me, stupid town she thought as her lips curled into a look of disgust. Apart from her friends she hated this town with a passion and wished that she could leave at this moment but she didn’t have the heart to do that to Alba.

Alba was the main reason why she was still here.

Yesenia ran away once but that failed miserably since she felt like a missing piece of her was left behind; she hoped that during the school year Alba would come back with her to Chicago or have some sort of independence without her. It embarrassed her that she depended on her little sister so much but she couldn’t help it.

Her twin was the only one that she can completely trust at the moment that won’t lie to her or say anything to piss her off. Licking her lips, she looked out into the light filled city. She felt at ease as she leaned on the window sill staring out in the starry sky and suddenly her eyes slowly dropped as she fell into a peaceful slumber.

----

As the twins went to school the next day, Yesenia twirled her baton as she walked along the halls with Alba. Walking down the halls of the school didn’t bring any interest towards the older twin whatsoever; all she could think about was getting out of here. It wasn’t like her grades were going to improve or anything.

“Yesenia” Alba said with a worried tone.

It was like she knew what she was thinking. Observant twin, she thought bitterly before she hummed in response when she arrived at their locker. When Alba stayed silent, she sighed as she yanked her locker door open “Look, Al. Stop worrying about me and start wo-” she paused when she saw that her sister wasn’t looking at her.

Her poor sister’s dark brown eyes were gazing at Jackson who was lip lock with Lydia. She tilted her head to see that her twin is trying to mask the hurt that is etched on her face. Yesenia sighed as she murmured, “There is no use of wallowing in your misery, Al” slamming the locker door shut.

Alba jumped as she spun around in question, her mouth hung open, dumbfounded, “Huh?”

Yesenia rolled her eyes, “Never mind. Let’s get going” ushering her sister to their first class together.

The day went on as usual until Yesenia saw Scott fidgeting near the stairs, seems like he was waiting for someone. “Scott” she called out. The younger teen looked around before his eyes caught her own, “Sen…hey” she furrowed her brows at the nervous greeting that she received.

Once she was in front of him she looked at him once more to see if she could figure out what was wrong with him. “What is wrong with you?” her brown eyes looked up at his face as he let out a nervous laugh, “W-What are you talking about?”

Yesenia narrowed her eyes before shaking the thought away, leaning on one of her legs she crossed her arms “Who are you waiting for?”

“No one” he said it way too fast for her liking.

Sucking on her teeth, she wracked her brain to see if she could figure out why Scott was acting so weird and when she smirked he grew nervous, “It wouldn’t be that new girl, would it?” the blush that rose to his cheeks made her fist pump mentally as she let out a chuckle.

“Why are you so nervous? She’s just a girl?”

“Allison isn’t just any girl” he retorted.

Scott fell into her trap, she wanted to rile him up so he can open up to her a bit because as of late he has been jumpy. It seems like he was hiding something from her and Alba and she hated when people kept secrets from them. Just when she was going to open her mouth to discuss the matter, Stiles interrupted by wrapping his arms around the tall girl in front of him spinning her around.

Yesenia shrieked as her balance was off when she finally landed on her feet, “What the fuck, Stiles” she groaned before she reached out blindly and smacked Stiles on the arm. He winced at the initial contact, “Why do you keep hitting me?”

“Because you’re annoying” she murmured, holding her head waiting for the dizziness to fade.

When Yesenia wasn’t looking Stiles and Scott exchanged a look before Stiles asked if she was coming to their first game today. She furrowed her brows as she peered up at the two, “No offense but you guys never start and you even told me that I shouldn’t go because it’s a waste of time”

“That was then, this is now.” Stiles smiled as he wrapped an arm around Scott as he shook him a bit “Scott here is starting”

“Really?” she questioned as her eyes widened in shock.

“Don’t look so shocked, Senny. It’s disrespectful” Stiles wagged his finger in her face.

Yesenia slapped his hand away muttering that if he didn’t get his finger out of her face she was going to bite it off. Licking her lips, she stiffened when she heard Scott say, “So Alba was telling me something during History class…you were wandering through the woods last night”

Both boys stared at the older teen in front of them waiting for the answer she was about to give. Usually Yesenia tries to think of some type of excuse but this time she didn’t, “Because I felt like running. What’s it to ya?”

“It’s dangerous out there at night. You shouldn’t be running out there, what if something happens to you?” Scott shared his concern.

It seem like both of them were too concerned about her wandering in the woods; she raised a brow “And why should I be so cautious. Both of you wander around the woods at night all the time and you come out fine”

“That’s because we are boys…” Stiles trailed off seeing the evil expression that was planted on her face before he corrected himself “because we were together and not alone besides didn’t you hear there is a killer on the loose? Aren’t you worried that you will run into him?”

“No” she said bluntly.

There weren’t murders out here. It’s too remote and even if there was there wasn’t any chance that she would bump into that person. It was highly unlikely but when he said murder her thoughts went straight to that strange man that she saw yesterday in that burnt up house. It intrigued her that he was living there under such conditions.

“Sen…Sen…Senny poo” Stiles sang that last nickname.

He knew exactly how to get her attention; she hated such endearing nicknames and when she wrapped her arms around his head, he kind of regretted using that nickname that she abhorred so much.

-----

“This is stupid” Yesenia muttered as she sat in the cold with her pea coat wrapped around her while a black scarf was twisted around her neck. She was glad that she bundled up with gloves and knee high boots along with a beanie.

Alba was wearing a purple coat, scarf, gloves and nice little hat that adored her head. She was the fashionista out of the both of them; she frowned sensing the negative energy that was coming out of her sister “Just be patient, Sen. We are here for Stiles and Scott, remember?”

Yesenia thought about not going to the game but seeing that Alba always went and heard that Scott was starting she made the reluctant one to join her as well. Lydia was there sitting with Allison and her father but she still sat farther away from them. She rather not talk to anyone with her sour mood at the moment.

“Hey Yessie, Bunny thanks for saving us seats” she heard Lydia said as she sat down with Allison.

Yesenia just cringed at the sick nickname that Lydia came up with for Alba; just because the last two letters of her name sounded like Bunny she took it to mind that it would be a cute nickname for the younger twin. Not only was Alba adorable but it suited her well, Lydia claims.

Alba never once complained about the nickname as she gave her a smile, “Not a problem” her brown eyes glanced back at Yesenia who sat there pouting muttering about missing her show because she was sitting here in the cold, freezing her ass off and there was no form of entertainment.

Alba nudged her sister to have her pay attention since the teams were starting to warm up; licking her lips the cool air hit them making her shiver. Her heart started to speed up as she felt the same sensation that she felt when she was in the woods and in her room. What the hell was that?

Her eyes scanned around the area to see if anyone was staring at her but no such luck, maybe Stiles or Scott looked back at them. It was Stiles mostly looking at Lydia while Scott was looking at Allison so it ruled them out. She pursed her lips when she saw Jackson sneak a glance around their area, she narrowed her eyes when he smirked before turning back around.

“What was that about?” she muttered to herself.

When the game started, Scott seem like he was somewhat struggling making Yesenia wonder where that ‘magic’ that he had was. Maybe it was the jitters that were getting to him; it got to her when she did competitions or solo acts. Pretty normal for any human being that hated to be under pressure.

But as the game went on, the magic once again appeared. Scott was ramming guys down, using his agility to whizz past other guys as he scored the winning shot. Everyone got up and cheered, she saw Alba running towards the boys to congratulate them.

Yesenia looked worried when Scott took off his gloves before bolting back to the school with Allison calling out to him. She thought he would halt and turn around so he can talk to her but he kept going, she sighed, “Drama” she muttered as she went down the empty bleachers.

She knew that she had to get Scott’s gloves since they were so expensive and it was stupid to leave them here. Yesenia saw Jackson pick them up, inspecting them, “Can you hand those over?” she raised her voice so pretty boy knew she was there.

Jackson spun around with a shock expression, not thinking that someone was behind him, glancing back at the gloves he pursed his lips before he tossed them at her “Here” she could have sworn he said something under his breath but he walked away to quickly for her to understand.

“What is wrong with the boys here?” she asked herself.

Turning around to head back to the school where Scott was to make sure he was alright, she froze when she saw the man that she met last night standing there like a statue. Yesenia narrowed her eyes as she took steps towards him “What are you doing here?”

He didn’t say anything as her heart pounded in her ears as the same sickening feeling started to overwhelm her again. She swallowed hard as she stood still as his green eyes pierced through hers in a calm manner yet there was something there she couldn’t comprehend. Was it interest? Was she frightened?

She couldn’t pin point exactly what the feeling that she was having at the moment. Not knowing what to do she kept an eye on him as she walked towards the school still feeling his stare burning holes through her back. Was it him that has been giving her these weird feelings in the middle of nowhere? Could she sense him?

She didn’t know.

And that freaked her out…a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry that it took so long! I have been having stomach pains and my updates with my stories have been out of wack as of late. Please forgive me and not much Derek in this one too but don't worry it will pick up and Derek will be there more frequently. :D I promise. Any comments for this chapter? Thank you OneManWolfPack;; and hachie for the comments