Until the End

What Are You?

It came to no surprise for Yesenia to see the disappointed look on her father’s face when the teacher gave a poor report on her. That she was distant in class, day dreamed a lot and only put in a little effort if she was pushed. To be honest, she didn’t care at the moment, the dreams that have been haunting her have become more vivid throughout the night and she was afraid of going back to sleep.

Yesenia tried taking medicine to help her sleep, meditating, exercising, cutting out the food that she ate before bedtime. None of it worked. If she even closed her eyes for one second, she can see the bright red eyes that shook her to her very core.

Whatever it was, it frightened her. She can actually feel the emotions running through the monster, the yearning to kill her. Sure, she tried to shake it off saying it was just all in her mind, that there was no one that wanted to do such a thing, but this is Beacon Hills we were talking about. Every freakish thing that has happened was when she started living here.

Even her side would burn from time to time. So yeah, sue her for not wanting to focus on her homework or test. Yesenia felt like her life was on the line and if she remembered correctly, her life was far more important that school. Education was overrated anyways. But, hearing the teachers praising Alba was nothing new. Alba was always the more dedicated one than the two and being number one in their class would prove it right, so Alba’s conference was a hell of a lot shorter than hers.

Yesenia drowned out her father as he started to give his speech about raising her grades or she was going to end up like a dead beat living off the streets. Her being her sarcastic self-retorted that she will never be homeless with having Alba around.

Alba frowned seeing that she was dragged into the argument, not saying a word, their fight stopped when they saw people screaming, running in different directions. Yesenia froze up instantly, frantically looking for the thing that was roaming around the area. She wished that it wasn’t the thing that she has been seeing in her dreams. Alba glanced at her sister to see how scared she was, furrowing her brows she held her sister’s hand as she squeezed it in comfort.

To sum it all up, Yesenia fear went to waste. It was a stupid mountain lion; the teen suddenly had distaste for the feline as it hit the ground with a loud thud. Chris Argent with a shot gun in his hand as he scoured the area with his blue eyes before he glanced at the Santos twins. Within seconds, he turned back and walked in the direction of his car as the pompous teacher, Coach Finstock, yelling that the show was over.

Now another day as gone as Yesenia felt on edge as she smoothed out the fur of Luna who was almost completely healed at this point. Smiling softly at the black dog, she murmured to the beautiful creature something in Spanish before she heard her father walking in, “Yesenia, how many times do I have to tell you that you can play with Luna after you finish your rounds?”

“Not enough apparently.” She snapped as Luna whimpered at the sound of her voice, feeling sympathetic, she pushed back the fur around her face before helping her slide back into the cage.

“Yesenia.” Seth had that warning tone again.

“I know, damn, let me have a chance to get up.” Her attitude has gotten worse with her lack of sleep and yearning to close her eyes, she blinked hard before rubbing her eyes. Seth looked at his daughter seeing the dark circles that were barely forming around her eyes as he questioned, “Have you been sleeping lately?”

“That’s a stupid question.” Yesenia muttered as she passed her father, his voice irritated her at the moment and wishing that she had majorette practice longer today didn’t make matters helpful. The sudden disgust that she had for cats lingered as she went into the recovery room for felines and the immediate reaction once she opened the door was not a welcoming one.

The cats hissed and clawed the cage as their fur stood up seemingly and failing to make themselves bigger and more frightening. “And you think I want to be here with you?” Yesenia scrunched up her nose, “Think again.” She murmured darkly.

As Yesenia begrudgingly check on all the cats, with claws swiping at her face or anything the feline can get to, she lightly tossed them in every time before she went after the next one. Seth saw the interaction with the cats and his daughter and it struck his interest at how the cats were behaving. He narrowed his eyes at the scene before his attention was caught by Scott, turning back around he saw Yesenia grumbling under her breath as she walked out of the room.

“Can I go now? I need to run some errands before I head home.”

“Are you going to be back at seven?”

“I don’t know! I’ll call you when I figure it out.” Yesenia glared at Scott as she walked passed him; he shrunk back as he stared at the fuming girl that stormed out of the clinic. “What’s her problem?” he muttered before he glanced back at his boss who held a thoughtful expression on his face.

Yesenia had to get out of that clinic as fast as she could. Every time she passed by a certain hallway she would remember the night she caught Stiles and Derek fighting over amputating his arm. The black ooze that flew out of his mouth and the dark veins that crawled up his pale skin made her quiver. Whatever happened to Derek was something different; it wasn’t drugs like she assumed it was at first. Seeing that it was a bullet that caused it, all she can think about that the possibility of him getting sick would be the content inside the bullet.

It could be poisonous, but it was a bullet that healed him.

Banging on the steering wheel out of frustration, she furrowed her brows in anger as she tried again as to why all of this was happening. While she drove to her destination, she exhaled deeply as she tried to blow off some steam. Stepping out of the car, she walked towards the spot that she has been coming to, to vent.

Twirling her baton, she practiced until she got the thoughts out of her head, but every time she spun or turned she would see the vicious smile again. No matter what she did, that smirk would always reappear in her mind. Yesenia started to get mad as she continued to work harder and harder in perfecting her moves she didn’t realize that the sun was descending. As she panted, her sweaty palms leaned on her knees with her baton on the ground.

Catching her breath, she stood up, wiping the sweat off her brow before she slowly picked up her baton walking towards her car. The fatigue was catching up to her like always and constantly trying to fight the deprivation of sleep was getting to her. Turning the corner, she saw her car when suddenly a chill ran down her spine.

Yesenia inhaled and exhaled slowly as she tried to shake off the feeling as she continued to walk towards her car that was inching closer to her. The more steps that she took the bear feeling of being watched started to increase, her pace quickly started to accelerate as her legs pushed faster into a sprint. Her ears quickly caught the noise of the thing coming behind her as the wind was knocked out of her.

A mangled cry left her lips as her body collided with the ground with a sickening thud, the side of her cheek started to throb along with her head, trying to lift up her head, she froze as she felt the hot breath on her neck. Yesenia started to quiver as the large body pressed down, making her whimper at the sudden impact.

She couldn’t make a sound as tears started to blur her vision when she heard a low growl emitting from the thing’s lips. The disgusting breath of the creature hit her nostrils as it leaned closer to her when it inhaled. Is it sniffing me? Her thoughts were jumbled as her dark eyes tried to peer up to see if the creature she was dreaming about was actually real. This had to be a dream, right?

Maybe it was all some kind of twisted sick joke that someone was playing on her and somehow they found out the nightmares she been having. All of those assumptions were shattered with she felt something grazing her neck, it was sharp and solid, probably a fang since the stench of the thing’s breath still lingered.

Squeezing her eyes shut, she instantly started to think of someone rescuing her. There was no way she was going to get this thing off of her by herself…Derek. Derek can help! Wishing that he was here to help her, her thoughts quickly wished that the thing would leave her alone. Yesenia may not be interested in a lot of things, but she was interested in her life and staying alive. That’s all she wanted was to be alive and having this thing ready to take it from her was something she wasn’t ready to do.

Please go away. Go away. Just go away. She chanted over and over again.

Tears continued to leak out of her eyes, hitting the pavement underneath her as she mentally repeated her sentences. It seem like forever when the weight was suddenly lifted off of her, the horrible stench was gone, the fangs that were grazing her neck wasn’t there, but the shock of this happening to her was still there.

Yesenia continued to lay there as she tried to catch her breath; a stream of light impaired her vision for a few seconds before she heard a door closing. The voice didn’t reach her ears as she muffled everything out. Until she flipped over to see the green eyes of someone she knew. Yesenia tried to speak, but no words came out as she became a blubbering idiot as she continued to cry.

Never in her life has she felt as vulnerable as right now. Her world was shaken and seeing a familiar face actually made her feel better. Derek waited until she was focused, wiping her tears, she sat up with the help of Derek as he demanded, “What happened?”

Yesenia didn’t meet his gaze as she stared hard at the pavement below her, “I d-don’t know.”

Derek pursed his lips as he looked at the swollen side of her face, “Don’t lie to me. Something happened. I didn’t just suddenly want to come here for no reason.” The teen girl finally raised her eyes to the man beside her as she looked at him in confusion, “What are you talking about?”

The ill-tempered man shook his head, “You answer my question first, what are you?” he quickly changed his question as his accusing eyes were glued to her. Derek was suspicious about her and she was hiding something from everyone around her, he wasn’t stupid when he felt something enter his brain within minutes seeing whatever she was witnessing herself.

When Yesenia continued to play innocent, he fumed, “Stop beating around the bush! You fucked around with my brain! Whatever you did, you better sto-”

“Or what? You are going to kill me? Sorry, you have to get in line for that because apparently something bigger wants to do that already.” Yesenia pursed her lips as she muttered; “Besides I did nothing to your mind or whatever you are talking about. You are fucking insane.”

Derek chuckled darkly as he narrowed his eyes at her, “Think whatever you want, but we both know you saw something and that something is after you whether you like it or not. Whatever you are, he isn’t very fond of it.”

He?” she asked.

When Derek shared the bits of information that he had, Yesenia didn’t know what to think. All the myths were true. Yesenia couldn’t help, but laugh as she shook her head, “That explains why Stiles is so afraid of you and that whole creeper thing you had going with Scott.” The whole werewolf thing was a bit farfetched for her, but seeing that she has been having nightmares and that the Alpha just attacked her was any indication that it was real, now she had to find out what she was.

“So you have no idea what you are?” Derek quirked a brow as she shrugged.

“No damn clue.” Yesenia muttered as she tried to stand up, as she put pressure on her right leg, pain came in. With the amount of shock that was coursing through her system, she didn’t realize the swipe the Alpha made at her. Derek lifted her pant leg up to see the deep gash wrapping around her calf.

Yesenia look down to see blood seeping through and the bitter cold made it worse, “Great, that is going to scar beautifully.”

“Come on. Let’s get you cleaned up. We don’t know if the Alpha is going to come back.” That was all that it took for the teen’s eyes to wander around cautiously as she let Derek help her towards his car once she saw her car totaled. Wincing at the damage, her thoughts tried to create some pathetic story she was going to tell her father about her car. There was no way she was going to tell him the truth.

He probably wouldn’t believe her and sent her to some ward and deem her crazy. Yesenia cannot afford to be trapped in one place where the Alpha can get her so easily and for the first time, she was terrified of the dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much the feedback and support. :) Like I promised there was some Derek in here and a little bit of what Yesenia could do was revealed. What do you think is happening to her? Thoughts?

Awesome peeps

CrazyPebbles21 (Thanks. Hope you like this chapter.)

RealTalkProject (haha you update a whole lot faster than I do. XD I just get lazy and this one came to me after reading your story so thank you for the inspiration. Yes, Sen's got a girlfriend, sort of, that won't be the last time you see her either. I'm interested to see how they get together too lol maybe something wolfy is going on with Sen, hmm)

mrsshysinger (Thank you so much. I try to make this story as different as possible. The crazy headaches and other symptoms will be revealed soon and yes I love Sen and the way she thinks. Totally different from what I have written so far. I agree too, her persona fits in real easily and can see it just as clearly, that's why I wrote this story to begin with. Well I can't tell you if she is a werewolf or not, everything will be clear eventually. There will be snippets here and there before it's all revealed.)

hachie (Yeah Sen is really confused about everything. A part of her confusion was settled in this chapter, now she will discover more about herself.)