Until the End

Vision

“Ow! What the hell are you doing?” Yesenia hissed as she retched her leg away from Derek, he rolled his eyes as he grabbed onto her leg with a little more force, “Stop being a baby and let me help you.” He muttered darkly. Yesenia frowned as she winced at the searing pain of getting the wound cleaned up, the more she looked at the deep three gashes on her leg, the more she thought she was going to need stitches.

“Well you are doing a poor piss job at cleaning my wound, that’s for sure.” Which received a dark look from Derek; she was slowly pushing him over the edge with her attitude. As soon as they drove out of sight and away from the location where she was attacked and her heart rate went down, Yesenia started throwing low jabs at Derek when he tried to get information out of her. Does he believe that she’s lying to him about not knowing what she is?

More likely yes, until he heard her heart rate was steady the whole time she once again explained to a dumbass like him that she had no idea what was going on. Another hiss tumbled out of the teen’s lips as she squeezed her eyes together to focus on something else other than the pain.

Once he was done, Yesenia finally got a good look at her wounds and just like she thought all along, she needed stitches. Peering up with her brown eyes, she asked, “Please tell me that out of all the things you are good for, stitching a wound is one of them?”

Derek gave her a look, “Why in the hell would stitching be one of them when my wounds heal within seconds?”

“Fucking show off.” She muttered before Derek went off again, “What about you? I thought you were some vet’s daughter, I would think you would know how to take care of your own wounds.” Yesenia looked up in shock as she demanded, “How did you know my dad’s a vet?” her heart started to thump harder at the realization because if Derek knew by scent or whatever he went by with his wolfy powers then surely the Alpha would know too which means it would put not only herself in danger, but her father and Alba in the danger line.

“Relax, Stiles told me when he was freaking out when we broke in here in the middle of the night, kept muttering nonsense about you.” Derek scoffed at the remember of the wimpy teen that was on edge the whole time they tried to find the cure for Derek’s bullet wound and if Stiles wishes came true, Yesenia did show up in a matter of minutes after they broke in.

Yesenia still wasn’t relaxed as her eyes darted across the room to make sure that the Alpha was nowhere near by, her paranoia has gotten worse. First, she lost her sleep and now she knows that her dreams were actually reality? Well, this is just swell.

Then she remembered that there was one other person other than her father that was a little above average medic, “Alba…” Derek gave her a weary look wondering if she was starting to get delusional, “Alba, she can do stitches. My dad taught her a few days ago.” Remembering that she was given strict orders not to come around him and Alba as he taught her what he knew since the animals were piling up that day. Yesenia was pissed off that she wasn’t able to learn how to, but at least she was able to spend more time with Luna before her father gave his responsibility speech again.

Dialing her number, Derek snatched her phone, “What do you think you are doing?”

“Calling Meredith Grey, who do you think I am calling?” Yesenia glared.

“You can’t call your sister.” And when she asked why she couldn’t, Derek gave her a stern answer, “Because if the Alpha knows that you have a sister he can use it against you, any information about your family he will go after them instead just to get to you.”

Her blood ran cold as the revelation of how serious this was came to mind. Yesenia pulled herself together, as she pushed herself off the metal table and walked into another room. Derek followed her as she pulled out the same book that her father took out when he was teaching Alba how to stitch. Tossing it to Derek, he naturally caught it as his eyes skimmed through the title as she gathered all the equipment.

Sitting back down on the table, she stuck out her leg once more, revealing the gash; she flipped through the book to the right page. Grabbing the syringe, she slowly injected herself with local anesthetic to numb the pain that was already throbbing on her calf. Once she finished, she took a deep breath as she glanced at the book reading the first step before diving the needle into her skin. Yesenia instinctively winces despite her not feeling a thing when she pulled on the string for the first stitch.

Derek carefully watched as he saw Yesenia sloppily stitch up her own leg, it took a full hour and a half to stitch up her wounds. Wrapping it in gauze, she pulled the pant leg down and shuffled around to get everything cleaned and put back just the way she found them.

Limping around the clinic, she put the last of the equipment away before she turned around filled with worry, “Is it okay if I went home? Will the Alpha find me there?” Yesenia didn’t care if she sounded weak around someone like Derek. When it came to mythical creatures, she had every right to be afraid and seeing that she was almost killed by one earlier tonight, she had every reason to sound like a total wimp.

“You’re fine.” Derek stiffly replied back.

Just the simple response gave her little comfort as she followed Derek out of the clinic, locking it up and letting him drive her home since her car was completely smashed. Yesenia huffed in annoyance knowing she would have to explain why her car wasn’t there in the morning, the probability of her car being found and getting a visit from the police was close to one hundred percent. Clutching her right side, she leaned her head on the cool glass as she squeezed her eyes shut to relieve the pain.

Derek’s vision caught the small groan that left her lips as she leaned her head against the window as her left hand was placed over her right side, “What’s wrong now?” it seems like every time he saw her, there was something going on with this girl. Both she was completely stubborn and refused to follow orders, to being attacked by the Alpha and practically did some voo doo crap on him that was unexplainable. He had no idea what was happening to Yesenia, but her becoming a werewolf was definitely out of the question. The Alpha didn’t bite her like he did with Scott and only leaving claw marks around her calf meant something, right?

Did she fend for herself? Maybe she did the weird magic thing on the Alpha? Questions circled around in his mind as he asked her again, Yesenia was unresponsive to his question. A low growl left his lips as his arm stretched out and grabbed her arm, “Hey I as-” he paused seeing her eyes completely fogged over like she was in some kind of trance.

“What the hell?” he mumbled as Yesenia’s glassy eyes gazed through the windshield.

Derek waited for Yesenia to get pulled out of whatever she was in; watching her exhale deeply, Yesenia’s face went pale as she glanced at her surroundings. “What was that?” Her dark brown eyes finally landed on the only person that probably had answers, Derek’s eyes shifted as he muttered, “No clue…What happened?”

Yesenia swallowed the lump in her throat as she remembered her hazy memory, “It felt so weird…it was like I was in someone else’s body. I felt all the rage, power hungry emotions that were running through him, I don’t know, but the last thing I saw was Scott in a car and…then I saw this claw, the same claw that I saw earlier today draw some weird pattern on his window.”

Derek’s gaze stayed glued to Yesenia as she just revealed something remarkable, “Wait, so do you mean to tell me that you saw through the Alpha’s eyes? Do you know what he is planning? The mark that he left for Scott?”

All these questions being fired at her, made her become crabby, “Will you shut up for a moment and let me fucking breathe? This is the first time this has happened to me and I have the fucking right to soak on what just happened.” the horrible headaches that she thought were gone came back in full force, clutching her head, she felt slightly dizzy as she mumbled, “Ugh, I don’t feel so good.”

Yesenia quickly grabbed onto the door handle, fumbling to unlock it, opening the door as quickly as she could, she lurched out, bent over as she spewed out whatever contents that were held in her body. Kneeling down, she continued before she spat, getting up from her knees she inhaled the cool misty air. Wiping the tears that involuntarily started flowing down her tan cheeks, she got back into the car, recollecting the questions that he asked of her.

“No I couldn’t see what was happening through the Alpha’s mind, I could only feel his emotions when the ‘vision’ happened and as for the symbol that he drew. It was this.” Yesenia blew hot air on the cold window before drawing the swirl just like the Alpha did, flickers of emotions from the Alpha came into her mind as she stared at the symbol once more. Yesenia glanced back at Derek to see his reaction, the same blank cold expression that she sees him do every single time she comes across him.

“So?”

His blue eyes darted to her for a second, “So what?” turning on the ignition again, he continued to drive towards her house. The teen glared at Derek as she crossed her arms across her chest, “So you aren’t going to tell me what you know about this swirl? I just shared information with you and all you can say to me is, so what? Give me a little more credit than that.”

“It’s nothing.”

Yesenia fumed, a growl left her lips as she turned in her seat mumbling how much of a pain he was. Derek’s grip tightened as the words came out of her mouth, his foot pressed the gas petal a bit harder than he should have to speed up this process so he can go talk to Scott. The teen werewolf would have a lot more information than what Yesenia just presented him, hopefully. Halting in front of her house, Yesenia jerked forward as the seat belt dug into her chest, wincing, she grumbled, “Thanks for the lift, asshole.” Slamming the car door shut before he sped away.

It seems like yesterday, Yesenia was living a normal life, but then again she never felt normal. “Sen?” Alba’s voice reached her ears, “What are you doing out here?...Where’s your car?”

Yesenia turned around with a small smile on her face, “I lost my car keys so I had a friend give me a ride.” Alba had a worried looked etched on her face as the older twin just dismissed her expression. “Let’s just get inside before dad throws a fit.” Having her sister walk alongside her, Yesenia paranoia once again hit full swing feeling something watching her once again.

She had a feeling she wasn’t going to be sleeping at all tonight and she needed to talk to Stiles, maybe he can figure out what was happening to her. After all, he was the research junkie of the group, but she had to be discreet about it so Alba didn’t catch wind of what she was doing. That might prove to be a challenge since Alba and Yesenia spend a lot of quality time together outside of the classroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wanted to get this one out there since this idea came into my head of what Yesenia will become in the next few chapters. I have no idea how long this is going to go on before she develops fully, but I like how this is going. :D Any thoughts of the chapter?

Thank you CrazyPebbles21 for the comment, you will find out what she is soon enough. The wait is getting shorter and shorter. haha and yes you will find out if Yesenia and Derek become a thing.