And the Wind Said: "I Love You"

Love...

Walking barefoot on the warm ground, Arianna hears the grass crunching softly underneath. It’s a beautiful day today, the suns’ warmth envelopes her as the wind teases her soft brown hair that lays gently on her shoulders and back.
A small giggle leaves Arianna’s mouth as she runs her hand through the endless field of wild flowers growing.
Nature still manages to take her breath away as she dances along with wind that slightly lifts her light green sundress. She moves her feet for one last twirl and falls onto her knees, to which the grass shelters her intentional fall. Arianna’s vibrant green eyes scan the variety of flowers; thinking about taking some to her meeting with Gabriel.
Picking up about ten flowers in all sorts of colors, mainly in blues and violets, with a few yellow ones here and there. Then, pulling a petal apart from each flower and placing all ten of them in a small pocket.
The wind was still blowing while Arianna crosses the small wooden bridge; underneath, a small stream makes its way to the east river. The cool touch of the wind makes her laugh as she hears the leaves of the trees dance to its flow. The grass gets colder as she takes refuge under the tall trucks, its shade providing a darker atmosphere.
The sun filters through the leaves, tiny beams of yellow, lights Arianna’s’ path to the willow tree, where Gabriel is waiting.
During her long walk, the wind started losing speed and came to a calm stop. The petite girl pushes apart its long strands and makes way to the center where a small piece rock lies resting.
Taking a seat next to one of the tree roots, words leave her full lips. Her voice comes out softly, breaking through the silence.
“You know I hate waiting, I’m starting to think you’re doing this on purpose. The flowers I picked are beautiful; I know you’ll like them. I can’t believe it’s been a year now…” her voice like bell fades as she felt a small brush of air on the back of my neck. The wind was back and softly plays with her delicate locks of hair.
A laugh leaves her mouth while she answers, “There you are. I was beginning to think I missed you.”
“How silly of you to think that then. You know I’m always with you. Remember that I told you that I’ll be there to push you, to light the fire in your soul, dry your tears, make you fly when you fall and so much more. I made you a promise. Or did you forget?”
“How could I forget you saying that wherever I am, you’ll be there; like the wind is always present in our field.”
“…and I always am…”
“…and you always are…”
A small tear leaves the corner of Arianna’s eye. “I miss you very much…I can’t believe you have gone.”
The tear never reaches her chin. Sadly, she looks to the small stone that said:

Gabriel Holson.
1917-1935
Loving Son and Friend.
‘Journey far as the Wind’

She lays the flowers gently on the ground. Arianna feels the wind caress her cheek while tracing the word ‘wind’ on the small rock.
“I laughed when you said that you’ll never leave me. You compared yourself to the wind; you said it is always there, it never leaves alone a flower o a tree.”
The wind is still present when she got up to leave; letting out a childish giggle she gives it a kiss. “That one is for you, my wind”
Arianna makes her way through the tall trees and finally reaches the small bridge and the warm sun.
Again, with an abnormal grace, she starts to dance along with the wind but suddenly, remembers something. Arianna reached into her pocket and took the petals out. She kissed each one and whispered something to them. The wind starts to blow and, along with the wind, she fills her lungs with air and blows softly on the petals.
They dance to the flowing air, gently being carried throughout their field and towards the sky.
“For you…so you won’t be so lonely.”
The green eyed girl makes her way towards her small wooden house but stops when Arianna hears a whisper.
“I love you too.” The wind blew into her ear.
She smiled and resumes walking. Arianna is filled with joy knowing her message has been received.