‹ Prequel: Until the End of Time
Sequel: Facing the Music
Status: Completed(:

Take a Breath

I Loved Her First

I jumped, alarmed, and turned to see Nicholas there.

“What the hell, Madison?”

I dropped the phone on the couch, and looked at him miserably. I knew what this looked like. “Nick, I can explain, I-.”

“You were fucking snooping, Madison. What the..Why would you even feel the need to do that? Kevin would never cheat on you!” He spat, stepping closer to me.

“Kevin accuses me of cheating on him, Nicholas! Do you know how that makes me feel?”

“You don't, do you?”

“No!” I yelled.

“Then why would it make you feel anything? Huh? If you weren't guilty then why the hell would you feel so bad about it?”

“Because I didn't do anything!” I yelled, throwing my hands up in frustration.

“Then you shouldn't have to worry about anything!”

“So it's okay for him not to trust me, then?”

He sighed softly. “Did that leave my mouth, Madison?”

“Why should I trust him if he doesn't trust me, Nicholas?”

“Because you're in a relationship with him! You two love each other!”

“Just because people love each other doesn't mean they're meant to be together,” I muttered, sitting on the couch with a frustrated sigh.

He sat next to me, heaving an aggravated sigh. “What is that supposed to mean? Are you having second thoughts?”

“No, of course not. I'm just..confused right now.”

“Confused about what?” He breathed, turning his gaze to mine.

My breath caught in my throat, and I swallowed the lump that was forming. I wanted to scream at him, but he had no idea what he was doing. He didn't know that the mere thought of being near him drove me utterly insane, and that any move he made I had to watch carefully. With the seconds that passed, I was starting to think Kevin had a right not to trust me. I was falling for his damn brother.

I loved Kevin, there was no doubt in my mind. But..I had always loved Nick, and for some reason, those feelings were re-surfacing. Was it even possible to love two people at the same time? And if even possible, why did I happen to love two brothers at the same time? Why not two people that had no idea about the other? I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I had to stop. Now.

“Confused about what?” He asked, louder this time.

I inhaled shakily, and looked at him. “Nick..I..don't know. Look, can you go home, please? Kevin's going to be here soon.”

“So what?”

“He..doesn't like you being here.”

“What the hell? First, you snoop through his goddamn messages and now you're telling me he doesn't want me here? I'm his brother, Madison.”

“I know that, Nicholas.”

“Why wouldn't he want me here, then?” He growled.

“He..thinks there's something going on between us.”

“He..what? Are you kidding me?” He laughed, standing up to tower over me.

“Nick, this isn't funny.”

“No, you're right. It's freaking hilarious. Why the hell would he think that, Madison? We're friends.”

“He..knows that, but he just gets so jealous..Nick, you should go.”

“Nah, I'm good, babe. Why would he think that, hm?” He asked this bending down to my level, stroking my cheek with his thumb, causing goosebumps to form over my body.

“Hm?”

“Because of you, Nick. Because of what you're doing right now.”

He smirked, pressing his lips to my ear. “And what am I doing, Madison? We're just talking..”

I gasped, leaning into him. “N-Nick, you need to go. Now.”

He laughed, moving away from me. “Madison, you're lying to yourself. The reason isn't me, and it isn't you, either. He's jealous of me because we're closer than you two are. He thinks that I'll try to steal you away from him, doesn't he? Is that it?”

I shook my head, stumbling over words as they tried to come out. “Nick, that isn't it..I..-.”

“Tell him I said not to worry, because the Madison I loved broke my heart when she chose him over me.”

With that being said, he left the house, leaving me alone and confused. Nick just admitted he loved me. Kevin loves me. I love..both of them? Fuck me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? (: