You've Got My Heartbeat Running Away

You Two Are Gross

“I don't know, Ky.” I said, tying my hair up as we left practice. She was trying to convince me to go up to L.A for a few days and watch the X-Games with her.

“Oh come on! There's going to be hot athletes!” She whined, following me to my car. Kylee is the more athletic type, she's all over extreme sports. I'm more of the type to like regular sports, like hockey, baseball, football, and shopping.

“Isn't it against the rules for us to be in enemy territory?” I teased.

“Football season hasn't started, so it doesn't apply.” she said, crossing her arms and leaning against my door, blocking me from getting in. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Fine, I'll go with you.” I said. She smiled and hugged me before running off, shouting that she was picking me up bright and early tomorrow morning.

Kylee and I met when I had left the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and joined the Chargers. She was the first girl to come up to me and talk. We became great friends and we practically do everything together. I drove back home, coming inside to see my boyfriend, Steve, mixing up one of his protein shakes. Steve plays for the Chargers, that's how we met. He smiled and came over, leaning down and kissing me. I could taste the chocolate and protein powder on him. I made a face and laughed, hugging me.

“How was practice?” he asked, sipping his drink.

“Not too bad. Kylee asked me to go to L.A with her for a few days.” I said, dropping my keys and phone on the counter.

“Let me guess...” he said, rubbing his chin and pretending to look philosophical, “X-Games?”

“You've got it.” I said. He laughed, leaning against the counter and held his arms out for me. I walked over and held onto him, wrapping my arms around his muscular frame.

“You'll have fun, baby.” he said, rocking us side to side.

“Yeah, I know. I'm just worried about Kylee running off with one of those crazy athletes.” I mumbled into his chest. His laughter shook his whole body and mine.

“Baby, you're dating a crazy athlete.” He said. I looked up at him and smiled. “Don't worry about her, she'll be okay.”

“I'll miss you.” I said, pouting just a little.

“Aw, you'll be fine.” he said. “Take pictures for me, okay?” he said with a smile.

“Sure.” I said.

We ended up going out to dinner that night and then went home and watched movies for the rest of the night. The next morning, we were woken up by the doorbell ringing and loud banging on the front door. Steve was right out of bed, flying down the stairs. I buried my face into the pillows and heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Kylee was at the doorway and Steve was coming over, lightly smacking my butt then pulling the sheets off. Kylee made a gagging noise and rolled her eyes.

“God, you two are gross.” she said. I rolled off the bed, pulling Steve's jersey lower over my legs.

“I'll be right down, Ky.” I said. She smiled and walked out, leaving Steve and I alone. He smiled and walked over, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Don't have too much fun without me.” he teased.

“I'll be home in a few days.” I said, standing on my tiptoes and kissed him. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my bags. Kylee was waiting and she smiled, grabbing my bags.

“Woo! Girls Week!” She said, making me laugh. I quickly kissed my boyfriend one last time and followed Kylee to her car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo!
Football and Dirt Bikes!

Katie

Ky-Ky-Kylee :D