You've Got My Heartbeat Running Away

Melting...

“Your friend doesn’t strike me as the cheating type…” Jake spoke up as we were cursing along to the supercross track.

“She’s not…” I replied, unsure of where he was going with this.

“Bilko kind of has a little… thing for her. That’s why I said something about her boyfriend. I wanted him to know,” he explained.

“Well, aren’t you just a good friend,” I teased, giving him a little squeeze since my arms were already hooked around his middle.

“So, is Katie a good friend?” he pressed on.

“What do you mean?” I asked, really unsure of his question.

“She would tell me if you had a boyfriend… right?” he smirked as he looked over his shoulder at me.

“I promise you I don’t,” I assured him.

“You sure?” he chuckled.

“Yes, Jake. I’m sure,” I giggled while resting my chin on his shoulder.

A smile flashed across his face as he kept his attention forward. However, one of his hands came off of the handlebars to hold onto one of mine that was resting on his stomach. I bet this was so cute to see as a by stander! He’s not even my boyfriend and I’m thinking these things!

Once he came to a stop, I hopped off. Before we left his hauler, he told me he was a little nervous. It was his first X Games. Of course I found it oh so cute. But I did tell him that I would cheer him on since his family wasn’t able to make it out. That got me a cute little grin from him.

Before he had to go to the gate and get lined up, I had to give him a good luck kiss. It was on the cheek! Don’t get the wrong idea. Once I pulled away, I caught a quick glimpse of the redness that filled his face before he shoved his helmet over his head. He’s just way too cute for me to handle right now!

Knowing he had to get his focus right, I found a seat, that Katie was supposed to be next to me, and waited for this to get started. Once that gate dropped though, I forgot about anything else. The only thing that mattered was that green Kawasaki racing around the track.

For some reason, he made me so nervous! Usually, I get a tad nervous for the guys riding. But watching Jake, I was just a ball of jitters! It only got worse once he was battling through the field!

As the laps ticked off, he managed to get into third and stayed there until the end. I thought it was impressive. It was his first X Games and he medaled!

I hurried over to where his mechanic was, hoping to be able to congratulate him before he was whisked off to do all of the post race activities. Lucky me, I was able to get to him just as he was pulling his helmet off.

“You did awesome!” I squealed while wrapping my arms around him tightly. I didn’t care how dirty he was. He deserved it!

“I saw you jumping up and down,” he snickered.

“No, you didn’t,” I quickly shot back, feeling my face burn with red.

He just smiled and shoved a Monster hat on his head that one handed to him, along with a Monster water bottle. Minutes later, he had to go do a few interviews. He told me to come with him though. Like I was going to protest…

But to be honest, it was… boring. I stuck it out though… for Jake. He was all smiles though. It was just adorable. Gosh, this guy gets cuter and cuter every time I see him.

When he was finally done, he stepped to me, flashing off a bright smile… and a shiny bronze medal.

“Would you like to accompany the bronze medal winner in the freestyle even tonight?” he asked in such a goofy way.

“Well, I would be honored,” I smiled at him, trying to hold in a giggle.

We did share a laugh though. He chose to walk back to his hauler so that he could change. Before he disappeared inside to get cleaned up, he took his medal off and put it around my neck. Oh I could kiss him so hard right now! He opted to kiss my cheek though. Melting…

After he was all good and changed into street clothes and smelled oh so amazing, he hooked an arm around my shoulders and started for the freestyle event. I was hoping we’d find Katie in the sea of people. But if we didn’t, I had Jake to be around. Not that… he’s better to hang around than my best friend. He’s just… so cute! He needs to be mine!
♠ ♠ ♠
Jake's so cute... *sighs* lol

Ky & Jake

comment??

KATIEEE