You've Got My Heartbeat Running Away

Its the Accent

“Do you even realize what you sound like right now?” I asked as Kylee talked about Jake for the billionth time since we left L.A. We were now at practice and she was gushing over her date with Jake two nights ago. I personally wanted to barf.

“I'm not allowed to sound happy? We're cheerleaders, Katie! Get with the program.” she teased. I rolled my eyes, turning back to our choreographer.

Things with Steve have been kinda rocky lately. He's been super busy training and when he comes home, he's crabby and doesn't want to talk or even hang out. He usually ends up going into the basement and running on the treadmill. At least, that's what I think he does. We do have a giant TV down there. For all I know, he's just watching TV down there so he doesn't have to interact with me. Kylee knows but I don't think she cares too much right now, seeing as she's been gushing over Jake.

Practice ended and I threw my pom poms into the basket, marching myself into the dressing room to grab my things. I didn't want to deal with any of my fellow cheerleaders right now. I made it into my car and leaned my head against the steering wheel, letting out a loud groan of frustration. My phone rang with an unfamiliar number showing up. I slowly brought the phone to my ear and let out a monotone greeting.

“Hey, cheerleader!” I heard an Aussie accent say loudly. I couldn't help but smile a little.

“Hi Blake.” I said.

“Haven't heard from you in a while! Thought I'd ask me buddy Jake to ask Ky for your number.” he said. I had given Blake my email and we've been emailing back and forth for a few months.

“Oh...sorry about that.” I said with a sigh.

“Everything okay?” he asked.

“No, not really.” I said, digging into my purse for my keys.

“Aw, what's buggin' the beautiful sheila?” he said, making me smile again.

“Just...my boyfriend is being a dick. I get that its football season and he's trying to get his game on but he...well I sleep in the guest room.” I said. It was quiet on his end for moment.

“That's not right. He should be sleeping there, not you! Isn't that how it works?” he asked in a teasing way. There's just something about his Aussie way of seeing things that made me feel so much better.

“I don't know. But I'm sick of him being a bitch.” I said. He cheered into the phone, making me laugh.

“Yeah! Get mad!” he said, making me laugh more.

“What do you suppose I do with all that anger? Hit him?” I teased. When he spoke next, I could practically see him smirking like a little devil.

“Well, you just march your cute little ass up my way. I'll take care of that anger for you, baby.” he said. I could picture him winking. Any other guy and I would hang up disgusted but the thought actually didn't bother me too much.

“Oh, Blake. If only things were that simple.” I said with an exaggerated sigh.

“Sure can. Break it off.” he said, very bluntly, might I add.

“I can't just do that! We've been together for almost three years.” I said, finally leaving the parking lot.

“Well, then just take a break or something.” he said.

“Why do you make things sound so easy?” I said, laughing again.

“Aw mate, its the accent.” he said, making me smile from ear to ear.

We spoke until I got home, saying goodbye and I grabbed my things, heading inside. Steve was on the couch, watching TV. He glanced my way and didn't even say anything. I dropped my bag near the door and went into the kitchen, grabbing a water. Still, he said nothing. I slammed the water on the counter and went upstairs, grabbing a suitcase or two and stuffing as much as I could into them. I came back down and threw them in my car, grabbing the water and purse.

“Bye.” I said, slamming the door shut and sending off a quick text to Kylee. Fuck me if I was going to take another minute of that bullshit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm an awful, terrible person guys.
Sorry :(
I've been writing this update, bit by bit this whole week.
I'll try to be more consistent but with packing for the move and everything its really difficult
to get in some time alone.

Kylee, if she still loves me?