Status: Work in Progress

Your Song

How Rude, Staring Is

It took me an hour but I finally got the whole house spotless, the floor was mopped, the laundry was washed and put away, the dished were washed and put away, and the TV and counters were dusted.

I sighed to myself and began to make breakfast. I set the table and put out a bowl of eggs, a plate of bacon and sausages, a plate filled high with pancakes, and another with quesedillas. I brought out the gallon of orange juice I had found in the fridge and put it on the table with three cups.

I heard the familiar squeak of dad’s wheelchair and turned around to find him enter the kitchen/dining area with his eyes closed and his nose sniffing. “All right Jake, when I open my eyes I don’t want to see the kitchen even messier or your going to clean the whole house” he said slowly opening his eyes

His wide eyes took in all the food before they slowly made their way over to me. Dad always had a soft spot for me, since I looked exactly like mom did when she was my age, so I wasn’t surprised when dad’s eyes began to get wet.

“Hey daddy, I hope your hungry cause I made loads of food,” I said softly to him as I made my way to kneel in front of him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest, laughing slightly to hide that fact that he was crying.

He slowly let go. “Are you here to stay?” he asked me his voice gruff and strong, the voice that could sing any tribe song as a lullaby for me.

“Yes dad, I’m here to stay,” I said to him.

“Good cause I miss your damn cooking,” he said jokingly as he wheeled himself around me and went to the table. I laughed and served him a plate full of everything. We ate and talked, catching up. Dad asked questions about school and how Paris was, and I asking how all of our family friends were, how he was doing. Hell I even asked about Jake.
“So where is my little brother?” I asked dad.

“Oh, he’s not so little any more. You remember those legends?” he asked me, hinting to something. Then I remembered, but then again I always wondered why I had phased and he hadn’t, I guess he had now.

“How long?” I asked him. I remember how dad took me phasing, I remember because he had to calm not only me but my grandma too, since I had phased right in front of her. Soon enough grandma began to remember the legends, legends she hadn’t heard in ages since she moved to Italy.

“Just a couple of months, the Cullen’s are back” he said just as softly.

I bit back a growl. “Dad, why didn’t you tell me? If I knew those filthy leeches had made there way back here I would have come the minute I phased” I told dad, worried not only for our people – including my dad – but also for my little brother. I was always closest to him.

My head snapped to the left when I heard three sets of paws making their way to our house. Dad noticed my reaction because he said, “It’s okay, its probably Jake and his friends. We’ll talk about this later” he said, going back to eating.

“Yes we will, but don’t tell Jake about me, I’ll tell him when I thinks he needs to know” I told Dad softly.

“All right” he said softly, before we heard the raucous laughter of the boys as they made their way through the front door. I heard them pause to the new scent in the house before they silently made their way into the kitchen. One held his gaze on me in confusion while the other two eyed the food in hunger.

“Son, aren’t you going to say hi to your older sister, she did make all this food you know, and its not rude to stare at her like that” Dad said around a mouthful of eggs and bit of bacon.
I stood up and smirked. “Damn, little brother you ain’t so little anymore” I said laughing. He looked good, but I noticed the hurt and despair in his eyes.

“Jackie?” he said hesitantly, before taking a step forward. I nodded before I gave him my trademark motherly smile, the smile that made me look like mom even more. It used to work like a charm on him, that’s all it took to make him happy or calm.
\
I had a moments warning before he launched himself at me, even at my height I only reached his shoulder. He hugged me tight, mumbling stuff like I’m glad your back or I missed you. I smiled softly before I rest my head on his shoulder and hugged him back, with the strength of a human.
♠ ♠ ♠
promise to update again soon!!