Status: I already wrote the first 15 chapters, but here's the first few...

It's a Brand New Day

Zayn's POV 1

Zayn's POV
Baby you should let me love you, let me be the one to, give you everything you want and need…

Damn, this is so surreal. I can't believe it, seriously! Making it to the second round audition for the X Factor… God this is amazing! What if I actually made it on the show!?

Calm down Zayn, seriously, calm down! I'm in desperate of a smoke. Security didn't allow any smoking in the building, and I've been dying all day. I practically run to the exit, slamming my hand into the cold shiny metal and skipping out. It was cold today, fall time. My right hand struggles to get into my pocket, yanking at the little white box. Skinny jeans, curse them. I get the box out, smiling, almost giddy. I flip open the box, pulling out one of the white and gold sticks, or "death sentences" as Mum calls them. I feel in my back pocket, shit! Where's my lighter? This is not happening. I feel like I'm going to have a hissy fit until I see some older woman in the distance smoking. I plod over her, reluctant to ask her to light me up. She looks up while I'm approaching, "Hey miss!" I shout to her, running the short distance. "Is it too much to ask to borrow a light?" I say, giving her a winning smile. Girls always go for The Smile. She looked skeptical, but pulled out a small black lighter, flicked her fingers on the metal and a small orange glow started. I leaned in with my cigarette in my mouth, letting the fire light it. Inhaling, I shut my eyes, relaxed. I thanked her, but she said nothing as I walked away.

The building the auditions were held in was pretty big. It kind of looked like a giant store to me. I leaned up against the white wall on the outside, next to the clean glass doors. People were constantly walking in and out. Some were crying girls or sulking boys. Most were producers and workers. And a select few were over ecstatic, screaming and crying in joy; they obviously made it to the next round. I knew I should be inside, scooping out the competition, but I didn't want to psych myself out.

I was good, actually great according to the first few judges. I was fine with that. All I needed to do was make no mistakes and turn on the charm. That would be easy for me.

I take another long drag of the cigarette, almost burning it to the filter. I dropped it to the ground, walking back to the doors and pushing them open. The warmness of the room welcomed me. There was a little sign saying that contestants who made it to the next round were to go to some room down the hall, so I started walking.
The hallway was a tan color, lined with portraits of fruit. I never understood how that could be considered art. I found the room, it wasn't that hard when "X Factor Contestants Meet Here!" was on the door.

Sighing, I push my hands against the door, opening to a very bright room with white colored walls and black fold out chairs all around. "Hello there young man!" I looked towards the voice, seeing… CHERYL!? CHERYL COLE!? I blinked a few times. "Hello?" She asked me. "I'm sorry, what did you say?" I replied, I heard the people around me snickering. I was starstruck. "I asked what your name was," she said politely, giving me a genuine smile. "Za- Zayn. Zayn Malik." She nodded, directing me to take a seat and said she would make the announcement us as soon as everyone was situated.

Looking around the room, I saw a boy in the back, about my age. His hair was a dark brown, but not too brown. He had big light blue eyes. He wasn't with anyone, so I decided to walk over and introduce myself, maybe make a friend. I stuck my hands in my pockets, strolling over to him. "Hey," I say, perching myself on the chair next to him. He looked up, looking a little surprised. "Oh hey," he had a nice voice, a soothing one. "I'm Zayn, and I thought since we both look pretty lonely, maybe we could hang out for the time being." I kind of laughed, and he joined in. "Well I'm Louis, it's great to meet you Zayn. Hopefully we'll get to see a lot more of each other in the next few weeks." He reached out his hand, and I took hit, giving him a strong shake. "I hope so."

We continued talking as the other contestants shuffled in. There were a few other lads about our age, but they all kept to themselves. Louis and I had a lot in common. He was great, hilarious even! I was really hoping we'd both make it through, then Cheryl called everyones attention. We both shut up, listening eagerly.

"Congratulations! You've all made it this far, but by tomorrow half you with will be gone." She gave everyone a sad look, it almost felt like she didn't want anyone to leave. "Although, you all know this is a competition," she continued. "Tomorrow, we'll start again at 10 AM sharp. You will perform twice again, like today, and during the second round, you'll either be cut or kept. But for today we're all done. So I suggest you all go back to the hotel and get ready for bed. When you leave, go out to the cars waiting and you'll be given your hotel room when you get there. Good luck!" With that Cheryl waved goodbye to us and left.

Louis and I went to go get our suit cases, still talking and getting to know each other. He was random, went off topic a lot, but I didn't mind because he kept me interested. We decided to get in a car together. Some others joined us and they kept quiet while Louis and I continued rambling on about useless subjects.

I kept looking out the window. It was gorgeous here. Damn, it was still unbelievable. "Yeah! And then I was like 'CARROTS'!" Louis practically screamed, and he was laughing so hard, almost crying. I nudge him, shaking my head and smiling. The others glared at us, but I ignored them.

After about 20 minutes of non stop laughing, we arrived at the hotel. The hotel was about 50 or more stories high. I jumped out of the car, walking around to the trunk and popping it open. I helped some of the others with their luggage, barely getting a 'thank you'. I found mine at the back, and reached it, dragging it out, hearing the wheels clatter on the asphalt. Louis grabbed his own and we started walking towards the entrance, still talking like we've been friends for years.

X Factor Contestants Sign In Here
That's what the sign read. Louis and I walked over, standing behind a few people. I looked around, noticing the small details about the lobby. The floor was marble, sort of the like a checker board, but rather than black and white it was a creamy color and white. The counters were granite, reflecting the colors of the floor. The walls rose high into the air, and when I looked, there was a giant chandelier, illuminating the whole room. There were some love seats and couches around for guests, those were creamy too, and leather. I saw a bar and smirked, wondering if I could get a drink there.

"Seriously! I don't want to be here! Why can't you just have your own house?! Why do I have to come along with you!? This is ridiculous!" Her voice was deafening, it echoed throughout the lobby and it seemed as if everyone froze. My eyes shot to where the voice came from. I saw a girl, yelling at a man. Wait, that wasn't just any man. That was one of the judges! Joe Mathers! But who was the girl? She looked so upset, frustrated, but still drop dead beautiful. She had an accent too, was it American? "Now listen Annabelle… you need to calm down and listen to me." Joe said, trying to reason with her, calm her. "I don't WANT to listen Dad," she sneered, "I want to go home!" I watched her storm off. Annabelle? Dad? I didn't know Joe Mathers even had a kid. "Nothing to see here, continue on…" Joe said, trying to play off that big scene. I looked at Louis and he kinda of smirked. "That's some family, huh?" He said. I couldn't help but crack a smile and push his shoulder lightly, shaking my head. "Wow," I thought to myself, looking back to where Annabelle stormed off to, "the show hasn't even started and there's already drama."