Promise Yourself, That This Isn't All We've Got

Lost your sense of fear, feelings disappear

For every step he took a tear slipped out of my eyes. It hurt to see him giving up on us. But I don’t blame him, I didn’t do anything to save us. Us. There is nothing of that.

My shirt was wet by the tears and I was tired of recieving looks from the passers by, I dusted my jeans and walked back to Marion’s place. The sky was tainted indigo blue. The breeze felt like ice hitting my face.

Before I knocked the wooden door , with a handy mirror from my pocket I fixed the smeared makeup. Chislett was the one who openned the door. “Crystal! Why did you disappear like that?” His arm wrapped around me as he dragged me to the couch where he was watching season 1 of The O.C. I heard voices coming from the dinning room, those belonging to Marion and Butcher. I was enjoying the time with a charming Chislett. We were focused on the screen, absorbed by Seth’s geekyness. “Do you know what’s up with William, he came here looking upset, sad and agry at the same time.”

I got up from my seat and started walking away. I thought I had cried myself dry but his name made my eyes tear up once again. I tried my hardest to keep them back but they just escaped me and I didn’t want Michael to see me. “What’s wrong? Did he hurt you?” Instead of answering, I only cried louder.

He just embraced me and rubbed my back until calming me, and that took quite a while. “Now want to tell me what happened?” I hate people seeing me cry, I feel so useless. He squished my hand with a friendly smile.

“We broke up.” I chocked through the tears. Those three words stabbed my heart making it sink.

“I’m sorry sweetheart. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?”

I shook my head. “Thanks anyways.” Michael pulled out a tissue, from where? I don’t know but he used it to wipe away my tears.

“It’s not my business, but I must ask, why? You seemed so happy together, what went wrong?”

“It was my fault, I was stupid and didn’t tell him what I really felt.”

“Why don’t you let some days pass by and then try to talk again.”

Again I didn’t answer, I was just leaning against his chest hoping William would walk back to me. And this is why it all went wrong. I was so used to letting the ones around me to fix everything for me.

“Come on, I’ll take you out for an ice cream. ” The boy was trying to make me feel better, and it was working but a frozen dessert at night is not what I’m craving for. His arm wrapped me and we started our way to the door.

“Where the hell are you going?” The Butcher’s voice made me jump. “Are you two... Does William know about this?” I didn’t quite comprehend what he meant but I didn’t like the look he gave us.

“You're being such an idiot man.” It wasn’t until Michael took his hand away when I got what the Butcher was implying, he was completely misunderstanding the situation.

“Why? You are the ones laughing behind Williams back.” His eyes were burning with fury, I was afraid that this scene would en with us on the floor with a broken nose. “You are his girlfriend and you” Now he was pointing to Michael with a dispising look “You are his friend, one of his best as he says, he dozen’t deserve this, not from you, not from anyone.”

“You’ve got no idea what youre saying man, seriously, its nothing like that.”

“Yeah right.” Andrew walked past us and slammed the door behind him.

Chislett smiled uneasily “Don’t worry, I’ll talk with him and explain everything.” I nodded. “So the walk is canceled right?” Again my response limited to a nod. I walked back to the lounge and played again my favorite show. Chizzy walked to the kitchen and after a few minutes, he came back with two bowls of ice cream.

“Who gave you permission to eat baby Butcher’s ice cream?” Marion stood in front of us, fully dressed in pajamas, with her hands on her hips, pose that I found funny.

“Come, sit with us.”

“Sure, but I must have some ice cream, I’m really hungry.”

“Dude, you’re always hungry.”

“It’s not my fault, I have to eat for two.” She squished her body between us and took the bowl from my hands, I pouted as I watched her eat. “Stop staring at me, it’s weird.”

“There is no doubt you are pregnant.”

“Can I touch your tummy?” Chizzy asked with hopeful eyes.

“No! That makes me feel fat.”

I hugged my friend. “You’re not fat, just preggo.”

“Aw, thanks honey, you have no idea how scared I am, I’m going to get huge and ugly.” Her head leaned on my shoulder. This girl is like my sister, I'm so glad I have her as a friend.

“Well, I think it’s time for me to go. I would be pretty lame if I stayed with two girls eating ice cream talking about babies.” He continued rambling on stuff and waved goodbye.

I kept watching my friend until she finished the dessert. “Delicious wasn’t it my dear?” She looked down at her stomatch and smiling, she rubbed the growing bulge. I laughed. “So how did things go with Bill?”

“He broke up with me.”

“What?! That son of a- He can’t do that not after what he did to you.”

“It was my fault, I didn’t do anything to make him stay.”

She jumped out of the couch and went upstairs. Did I do something wrong? Today is not my day. She came back with a folded blue blanked and a King Kong DVD. I laughed when I remembered that not long ago, I used to have a crush on Adrien Brody. “I call this a girls night!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I don’t think the title has to do with the chapter(not like the others do =P ), but I have ’Memory' stuck in my head...
Anyways, Hannah has a Beckett story up. Read it, you know you want to =)
MIbbians you make me so happy with your love in form of comments ^_^
Another story that I absolutely love is Remembering Sunday by iFTSK, really good story