Promise Yourself, That This Isn't All We've Got

I’m holding on for a hero

I danced with her, a love song, that to me was more than that. We danced the song away, my heart beating so hard, in the trance I forgot about everything. Just me and her. Her body fused with mine, moving gracefully. I know I just met her, but there’s something about her that makes her so appealing.

“William, we can’t find Sisky.” Mike said with a worried look. And Mike is hardly ever serious. Crystal moved away from me, I turned to Mike.

“I haven’t seen him around, the last thing I knew was that he was dancing with some random chick." Crystal said looking around, she was worried.

“I think it’s better if we all split to find him.” They nodded and headed in different directions. I was really worried. Sisky has been one of my best friends, I’ve known him since I was fifteen, do your maths. I know that he rarely drinks, but when he does he gets really wasted. I hope that doesn’t happen, he’s only 17 but he seems to have a big liver. I searched desperately for him without luck.

“Bill!” I heard someone yell my name, It was Chislett.

“Hey Bill, we found him” I let out a sigh of relief. I do care for that kid more than anyone knows.

“Is he ok?”

“Not really, he’s really drunk, we think its better to get out of here.”

“Oh, ok” We walked to the table “Hey guys where’s Crystal?”

“I dunno, I thought she would be here.” Chizzy said looking around.

“I’ll go make sure she is ok.” Mike started down the stairs.

“Bill, you know that you are my best friend right?” Adam pulled an arm over my shoulder, he had alcoholic breath, and a weird accent. Alcohol started to show it's effects.

“Adam, you know you shouldn’t drink like that” I said as he grinned me “I don’t want you to hurt yourself”

“Chill out dude” Sisky said with glassy eyes “I’m bloody fine.”

“I think we should go, it’s pretty late and this guy is a total mess.” Clever comment Pete, just clever.

“Guys I can’t find her” Mike said catching up with us.

“You guys go on, we’ll catch up at the parking lot.”

Once again I was worried, I don’t think she got drunk, but something must be wrong. She wasn’t at the dance floor. I couldn’t find her, what if she’s in trouble. I walked out of the club, and as I passed an alley I heard some screaming.

“I said NO!” that voice sounded familiar.

“Come on, I know you want it as much as I” The other voice said, the girl started screaming, begging for help.

“Get off me!” I ran to help the girl, who happened to be Crystal with a six foot tall over her, I pushed the guy away.

“Bug off you bastard!” He said pushing me away, I could say he was drunk. You can't expect other from people in a club. I punched his stomach with all my strength hoping it would work, because that guy could beat the shit out of me if he wanted. He stumbled and stared at me, letting out a fake laugh, then he threw his fist at my mouth it made me fall. I rolled on the ground, he started walking to Crystal, she was crying in a corner without moving. No! I just can't let him hurt her. I managed to get up quickly and run to him, as he turned around I kicked his crotch and clenched my fist tightly throwing it at his face. I made him fall over his back. He didn’t move, so I went over to Crystal.

“Come on, he won’t hurt you” I tried to help her up.

“Don’t touch me!” she crawled away.

“Crystal it’s just me, William, I want to help you” She looked up and I pulled her up gently, as she got up, I saw her ripped leggings and shirt, her hair messed up. I hugged her tight, “It’s ok,” I whispered in her ear. I rubbed her back to make her feel better or at least comfort her. “Come on, lets go” I took her hand as we walked to the car, she sobbed and shivered. I took off my black leather jacket and placed it on her shoulders. She glanced with a weak smile. A gasp escaped her mouth “William your face... its bleeding.” Until then I had forgotten the punch that the guy gave me.

She looked at the ground “Thanks William” she started crying. Watching girls cry without being able to do anything sucks. What could I possibly do to make things better? I hugged her. “It’s over now” we walked to catch up with the guys.

“Hey William, we thought that you guys were…” Pete’s smirk faded “Oh my! Are you ok Crystal?”

They surrounded us, with concerned looks. Her eyes never looked up from the pavement. She was crying softly between my arms. “She’s going to be ok, lets get out of here” they all nodded, but I could tell by the looks on their faces that they were still looked worried about her. Excepting Sisky of course. I helped her in the car. We started driving to her house, still crying between her hands.

“I didn’t want it to happen."

“Its not your fault, the world is full of idiots like him.”

“I was j-just trying to…” I stopped her with the pressure of my lips on hers; she moved away and looked down.

“I’m sorry; I just don’t want you to think about it” I felt bad for kissing her, that just made the whole ride back awkward.

“Finally here.” I helped her out of the car. Her eyes are still watery. She stepped inside, turning on the lights, she asked me to come in. I did, just to make sure she was going to be ok. We started talking in the lounge, she kept crying, about her friend and her ex, an old dude tried to rape her in an alley. Obviously she wasn’t ok, she was a wreck, I thought the best I could do was stay with her. That was the first time I feel that I needed to help some one, I am usually egocentric and selfish, but she needed me. I couldn’t leave her on her own she was so vulnerable. I wanted to stay with her.

“Do you think its ok if I sleep with you?”

She gave me a puzzled look “What?”

“I mean, you need someone to stay with you until you feel better.”

I think I caught her off guard. “Yeah, I was going to ask you to stay, but I didn’t know how."

We watched TV until she fell asleep in my arms, I picked her up bridal style and walked upstairs with her lanky body in my arms. I found her room easily and put her body on the bed. I sat next to her, sliding my hands through her brown thick hair, it was like mine, just a bit longer, this only made me smile. I stared at her features, her little nose, her pink soft lips, her smooth skin, she seemed so pretty, not to mention her deep brown eyes. I stared at her until I realized how awkward would it be if she woke up, so I decided to lay next to her, I knew there are other rooms in her house, or even the couch, but I wanted to feel her close, feel her body heat. I needed to be with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone else thinks that Misha Barton and William would do a nice couple?