Sequel: Design Your Universe
Status: Active

Rule the World

A New Kingdom is Rising

I made my way down the dimly lit hall. The only light illuminating the dark was the torches that lined the wall. My long, black and red coat dragged behind me on the ground. My boots echoed in the empty hallway as I made my way down the spiral step and then down another long dark hall.

I pushed open the large, black wooden doors letting in the darkness of the night sky that led to the courtyard. I made my way down the steps where my horse Cinder, was waiting for me. She looks at me passively and slightly annoyed. I smiled my sinister smile and walked over to her patting her head before I got on her back. Cinder was the fastest horse I had ever seen. Jet black and could ride unseen through the night. She was the perfect horse for me.

‘’Come on girl,’’ I said softly pulling on the reigns. She immediately began to gallop. I swear she could read my mind half the time. We had a two mile distance to cover before the sun rose. To make less noise I led Cinder into the grass along the river side.

It was cold and windy out tonight but that really didn’t faze me much. It wasn’t long before Cinder and I had reached our destination. I climbed off her back pulling my long, straight, black hair out of my face. I pulled a treat from my pocket and gave it to Cinder who gladly accepted it before walking up the hillside to the Science Lab. I walked with my usually long strides keeping my head high. My presence often intimidated people but that was always a good thing. I pushed open the heavy steel doors leading into a brightly lit room. I squinted until my eyes adjusted.

‘’Ah Ariel how are you today,’’ I asked walking down the steps to where he was.

‘’Good, I suppose.’’

‘’You look like you haven’t slept in days,’’ I said smirking.

‘’I haven’t can’t sleep, not when I have worked to do.’’ My smirk formed into a smile at the guilt showing in his eyes.

‘’You know why you doing this,’’ I said in a low voice.

‘’Yes I know lord Mephisto,’’ he said grimly.

‘’There’s no need for formalities Ariel.’’

‘’No there isn’t, because you and I both know what I lying bastard you are.’’ My smile faded.

‘’You know our deal Ariel and It’s a rather simple one. I’m not asking much I give you everything and you only have to give me one thing in return. Besides why would I need to lie to you? You know the kind of power I possess.’’

‘’I do.’’

‘’You said you would do anything to get what you always wanted no matter the price. This is the price you pay.’’

‘’The price is more than I bargained for.’’

‘’Well that’s how life works there’s no evading it even I know that.’’ He stayed silent for a while annoyed I broke the silence.

‘’So how is coming?’’

‘’Good. It should be done soon by December maybe.’’

‘’December? Surely you can have this done before then.’’

‘’I don’t want to rush anything though.’’

‘’Ariel you are one of the most promising alchemists in the whole world and you’re telling me it will take you until December to finish this?’’

‘’Yes, I am.’’ I frowned at him.

‘’Then apparently you don’t want what you do as much as I thought you did,’’ I said turning on my heel and walking back towards the door.’’

‘’Wait!’’ I stopped but did not face him. ‘’I can have it done before December.’’ He replied with regret in his voice. I smiled once more.

‘’Excellent.’’ I said walking up the steps and out the door without another word to him.

Humans are so easy to manipulate, my time has finally come. It’s time to create a new world… My way... A new kingdom is rising.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.O whoa what the fuck is going on now?