Status: In the works. :]

Beauty In All She Is

chapter four

Four weeks had passed and Jane was still in her coma. Her cuts and bruises have disappeared but she just looks different. She no longer had a bright glow to her skin and the scarlet on her cheeks. She looked like a corpse and it haunted me everyday that I couldn’t do anything to bring that light back to her life. I had nightmares weekly of her never waking up and being forced to plan a funeral for her. I would wake up crying and start throwing things, I just needed her back in my life so I could stop going crazy.
The band thinks that I just give up and take her off of life support but I couldn’t do that to her simply because I know she wouldn’t do that to me. We may not be married yet but the moment I knew I was in love with her I vowed to be there for her through sickness and health.
Now way I’m backing out of that now.

My phone began to vibrate on the marble counter of our moderate apartment. Max tried to call me on a daily basis to just to make sure I don’t go completely insane. “Hey, dude.” I muttered on the phone once I answered. “How are you today, man?” I sighed. He knew exactly how I was feeling because I felt the same all day everyday; sad, depressed, confused, suicidal, and everything in-between. “The usual. What about you?” I poured myself a cup of coffee into Jane’s favorite mug; I tried to use everything of hers just to get through the days. “I’m decent. Want to make a trip to the hospital to see her?” He questioned me. Going to the hospital everyday to visit her is hard but necessary. She could wake up any day and I don’t want to miss it so I can wrap her into my embrace. “I was planning on leaving in about an hour. You can drive over to the house if you want.” I replied to him while sipping the hot coffee. “I’ll take a shower and get dressed. I’ll be there in a few man.” He told me and we said our goodbyes.
Despite our differences, I could always count on Max to be there for me in an instant; he is my best friend after all. The band and I decided it would be best to take a break from touring and recording due to my emotional instability. Our third studio album is currently on hiatus, which is for the best considering I’m a complete and utter wreck. In the meantime, I started writing a lot more just to make the days pass by faster. It’s helped a lot but the new lyrics are a lot different from Falling In Reverse’s old material.
A knock came from the door; I check my watch and realized thirty minutes have already passed so it was Max. “Door’s unlocked!” I yelled across the kitchen to him. He strutted in with a warm smile plastered on his face, “Hey, dude. You ready? We can take my car.” I chugged the rest of my coffee and rested the dirty mug in the sink. “I’m cool with that.” I replied to him and grabbed my jacket. He walked out of the door and I followed, locking the door behind me.
“I’ve got a feeling that something amazing is going to happen today. I mean look,” He pointed to the bright blue sky, “The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I haven’t had a single craving for a cigarette today.” I quirked my eyebrow at him once he said that, I knew what was going to happen. “Shit.” He muttered angrily as he got into the driver’s seat of the car. “You want one now?” I asked him while I pulled out my pack of Marlboros. He nodded sadly and took one. I rested one in-between my lips and lit it while he began to back out of the driveway. The sky really was beautiful today and everyone was outside enjoying the nice weather. A small smile danced across my lips for the first time in weeks as we drove towards the hospital.

“You know what, Max?” He directed his attention toward me, waiting for what I had to say. “Yeah, man?” He asked.

“I think you’re right. I have a good feeling about today too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A little bit longer but kind of a filler. Next few chapters are gonna be pretty intense so fasten your seat belts.

-Sam