Status: In the process!

Untitled

Phil + Dan- Crush

It was just a crush, that's all. Crushes are harmless, all they mean is that you're attracted to a certain person. Nothing deeper, no... complex feelings, just a slight attraction.

That's what Dan kept telling himself when he woke up every day; after dreaming about a certain boy for the entire night previous. He ignored the swirling deep down in his stomach, and the way his heart clenched every time his mind wandered to one of his dreams. Those were caused by... other things. Not Phil, never Phil. Phil was just a man, just Dan's best friend, whom he happened to have a tiny crush on. But hey, it didn't mean anything, right?

Hmm...

It was Sunday, and the two boys were half way through recording the new Super Amazing Project video that was due up the next day. Dan had just asked his followers the twitter question for the week, and was scrolling through his responses. There was a lot of good answers (most causing him and Phil to laugh out loud; their fans were a weird lot) but also, some fangirls took it as an opportunity to remind the two boys that "Omg you should totez just make out" or whatever they said.

Two tweets in particular caught his eye as he casually scrolled down the 'Mentions' page. One from a girl who seemed to like pirates, due to the fact her username started with 'ahoy', and another from a girl who apparently couldn't dance. The former posted a tweet all in block capitals, meaning intentionally for it to catch the brunette boy's attention.

'@Danisnotonfire STOP DENYING IT, DANIEL! WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE BLATANTLY IN LOVE WITH PHIL!'

Dan forced a giggle-type sound out of his throat, but that tweet was causing a thunderstorm in his mind. Was he really denying something to himself? He couldn't be in love with Phil, surely! It was just a crush; a harmless, tiny crush.

The other girl, probably the previous girl's friend or something, also tweeted him in all capitals. It felt like they were shouting, and it was kind of intimidating.

'@Danisnotonfire JUST KISS PHIL! DO IT! KISS HIM AND FILM IT!'

This one was slightly creepier than her friend, and if anything, seemed to provoke more uncomfortable thoughts to start up. Swallowing hard, he tilted his head and looked over to where his older friend was sat, eyes still scanning down the page and seeming not to have noticed the two tweets that were causing Dan so much mental confusion. Suddenly, Dan wondered what it would be like to just lean over and kiss Phil, whom was sat so close that Dan could smell his aftershave strongly with every inhale. Phil was just there, so near to him. If Dan leant over slightly he might be able to initiate an inevitable kiss...

Dan, snap out of it! It's just a crush, you don't really want to kiss Phil! As I said before, a crush is harmless, and doesn't mean anything stronger!

While Dan was battling with his thought's, he was completely oblivious to the fact that Phil had realised he was being stared at, and had turned his head towards Dan, connecting their eyes.

"Dan, are you okay?" The black-haired boy asked, interest and confusion edging his voice. Dan jolted back to reality with a swift shake of his head and a noise that was half a gasp, and half a surprised 'oh!'.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Dan replied, biting back the bubbling, excited feeling that was threatening to brim over.

"Are you sure? You look like your terrified of something." Phil smirked, and Dan watched the way his friends mouth curled upwards in a slightly over-observant way.

"I'm sure." Dan replied simply, as once again, he had unwillingly allowed himself to get lost in Phil's eyes and forming a coherent sentence of a moderate length seemed like an impossible task. They were ocean blue, and so deep that Dan felt as if he was drowning in them. And Phil's hair! God, it always looked so soft, and fell perfectly just above his eyes, framing his gorgeous features. Caught in his thoughts, Dan hardly noticed that his hand had suddenly become mobile from resting on the laptop trackpad and was slowly inching through the air towards his best friends head. Before he knew it, his fingertips were lightly brushing through the incredible softness that was Phil's hair, twirling sections around his fingers as he marvelled in the smoothness of it.

Oh God.

Realisation hit him like a slap in the face.
He was in love with Phil. He loved his hair, his glittering eyes, his perfect face, his tall, lanky physique-
And there was absolutely nothing in the world he could do about it.

Phil let out an audible gasp as Dan's gentle fingertips trailed softly down from his hair and to his face, tracing the outlines and contours of the older boy's features as if he was trying to memorise them off by heart. 

Something inside Dan was screaming at him, telling him that what he was doing was strange, and that he should just stop it immediately. But the tweet kept on returning to his mind.

Just kiss Phil...

Placing his fingers gently under Phil's chin to tilt his head upwards slightly, all sense of rationality left the brunette as he made up his mind on what he was going to do. He took the fact that the raven haired man had not pulled away by now as enough encouragement, and with a rapidly pounding heart he slowly manoeuvred his other hand to the back of Phil's neck, slowly guiding the other man's head forward as he leant in.

Their lips brushed gently, and it was a first-kiss type of kiss; heads static and nothing more than a light pressure. A thrill ran down Dan's spine as Phil began to tentatively respond, carefully applying more pressure and beginning to move his lips over Dan's. As much as Dan wanted to just start kissing the life out of his friend, he wasn't sure about what Phil wanted yet, so he let him take the lead in the kiss. It was sweet and gentle, both boys relaxing as they slowly got used to the other's kissing style. Phil's arms slid around Dan's waist, pulling the smaller man closer until their legs pressed together, while Dan's fingers softly caressed Phil's face and neck, adding more passion into the dizzyingly sweet kiss.

A few seconds later, and Dan's thoughts caught up with him. He needed to tell Phil how he felt, or he knew that he'd go mad. It was the perfect moment, and to Dan, it didn't really matter whether Phil felt the same or not. At least if he did, there was no more wasting time with them both not knowing, and there was always the chance that they could possibly finally be together.

He put a hand carefully on Phil's chest, breaking the kiss with a small grin. His hand slid to his friends shoulder, lightly stroking the material of his t-shirt.

"Phil, I really, really like you. I'm sorry if this causes everything we have to go wrong, but I just can't deny it any more. I would rather you knew and hated me, than having you not know and pining after you." Dan spoke uncertainly, his voice gentle, almost as if he didn't wish to be heard. Phil's face broke into a warm smile at this, and he rested his forehead against Dan's, nuzzling his cheek with his nose.

"I really, really like you too Dan, and have for a while." Phil muttered, his warm breath ghosting Dan's cheek.

A lovely, warm, happy feeling engulfed Dan from head to toe. Phil liked him back. Phil actually liked him back. Requited love is awesome!

Reaching his hand up, Phil intertwined Dan's fingers with his own, holding their clasped hands in front of his eyes as if he didn't really believe what was happening. Dan raised his eyebrow at the taller man, smiling.

"Just checking if your actually real." Phil replied softly, gently bringing their hands towards his lips and pressing a delicate kiss to the back of Dan's. The brunette's face split into a grin.

"You are just too adorable." He muttered, using his free hand to once again sift through raven-black hair as he closed his eyes, leaning in.

Their lips met for the second time that day, video and tweets in the back of their minds as they ventured into the world in a new, exciting way. As they kissed, both boys couldn't help but smile at the fact that nothing, absolutely nothing could be more wonderful than the moment they were currently sharing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written: 11/12/11 & 12/12/11
Word count: 1485

I've read over 110 Phil and Dan stories over the past three nights! Yes, I actually managed to find that many! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this- I did <3
Btw, does how much Phanfiction I've been reading reflect in my writing style? I'm not sure, haha