Status: Slow and steady wins the race.

We Are The Tide

Harder Now That It's Over

It had been 4 years since they met. Lucy had gone to a show of theirs and they met at the bar. It’s far more romantic than it sounds. The way he looked at her that night told you everything. From that moment, the two believed in love at first sight. Her and John hit it off immediately. John had been apart of the band The Maine, but they had broken up 2 years ago. All good things must come to an end. They were all best friends, but the industry had got to them and they didn’t like “working for the man”. Something about Pioneer, their 3rd and final full length album, and doing it on their own had changed their perspective of the business. While at the time it was what they wanted, and they poured their heart and soul into it, it changed them in ways they could never explain to anyone. It was a hard and painful decision, but their lives were changing and slowly pulling each member in a different direction. Jared had soon after married his long time girlfriend, Tessa. Kennedy wanted to go back to school. Pat had decided to stay in Arizona, working at 8123 as a merchandise and publicity manager for the other bands on the label. Garrett hadn’t done much really, but he worked on a couple side projects just for entertainment purposes.

Lucy lived in Portland, Oregon and was proud of where she came from. Sam was Lucy’s best friend. They had been childhood friends. They probably spent too much time together. They were even together the night that Lucy met John. That night, Sam also met Garrett. Garrett quickly became her best guy friend. After spending so much time together over the years, they had grown very close. Everyone in the band still got along, even after the breakup.

John was planning on moving to Portland to be with Lucy. Garrett was planning on moving with John so he could see Sam more often. He was also hoping to be a bit more productive with his life because living with his parents at twenty-five was not a good life goal at the moment.

It was a beautiful spring in Portland and the two girls were out enjoying the sun.

“I can’t believe I’m getting married in two weeks.” Lucy said.

“I can’t believe that you’re marrying John. Bleck.” Sam said with a smirk.

“Oh shut your face.” Lucy said, slapping Sam on the shoulder.

“HEY!”

“Just because your life plan is to be a cat lady doesn’t mean you have to make fun of me.” Lucy said.

“You suck.” Sam retorted.

“You know I’m right.” Lucy said with a smirk.

Lucy’s phone started to ring.

“Hello?”

“Hey babe. What are you up to?” John asked.

At the sound of his voice, a smile was instantly brought to Lucy’s face.

“I’m just sun bathing with Sam. What are you doing?”

“Sunbathing, eh? I wish I could see that.” Lucy could hear the smirk in his voice. “I’m packing right now. One positive of going on tour for so long is that I don’t own very much.” He laughed.

“Well love, I have to get going to my final fitting for the gown. I will talk to you later. P.S. I get to see you in five days.” Lucy said with a big smile.

“I love you. Talk to you later.” He replied and she hung up the phone.

The wedding would take place at The Crystal Ballroom, in the heart of Portland. It was a magnificent room with beautiful architecture and murals. It was where Lucy had dreamt of getting married for many years.

“So, you ready for your fitting?” Sam asked.

“Yes, ma’am.” Lucy replied.

They just had to walk down the street to get to the bridal shop. They walked in and Lucy went to the counter to check in. Sam was the maid of honor and probably had a few too many responsibilities. Besides being the maid of honor for the wedding, she was a full time student at Portland State University for mechanical engineering. Currently, she felt like she had been in school too long already, but after taking a few years to travel, she was growing old and tired of school.

“Okay, they said it’ll be about 10 minutes before they can fit me. Hopefully, they’re not going to have to change anything and I can just take it home. Well, I guess you take it home because John can’t see it.”

Lucy and John had gone house hunting a few weeks prior and had found the perfect little home. The plan was that until after the bride and groom were hitched, all the boys would be staying at the house and the two girls would continue living in their apartment. After the wedding however, Garrett would be moving in with Sam. Sam liked where she lived and wasn’t willing to give it up. She also wasn’t one for change, so maintaining the same environment was probably essential to Sam’s stress level.

Sam had already been to her last fitting the week previous. She was going to be wearing a pink, above the knee length dress. With her fair skin, it looked great. The bright yellow pumps weren’t her favorite, actually, she despised yellow. Lucy said that it was either yellow shoes or a yellow dress. The less yellow, the better, Sam thought. Sam waited patiently for Lucy to make sure her dress fit. This would be the biggest day of her life and it needed to be perfect. Lucy’s dress was a gorgeous ivory color. It had detailing all over the gown that accentuated her body. A little bow tied around the middle and it flowed down to the ground, with a long train. Her veil was delicate lace that was floor length and went with the dress perfectly. She would be wearing similar yellow pumps, for a punch of color. It only took about half an hour to finish everything at the bridal salon and her dress fit perfectly. Lucy was ecstatic to be able to walk away with her dress. She was going to get her day as Cinderella.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the first chapter. Laura and I are really excited about it so far. We're hoping to have speedy updates, but we'll see.

This is our first story together, so we're still getting used to our writing styles being different from each other. Stick with us, it gets much better. :)

Chapter title credit: Harder Now That It's Over - Ryan Adams

Wedding dress inspiration: Here.

Brides maid inspiration: Here.