‹ Prequel: Warmness on the Soul

The Way You Look Tonight

A Release

Brian eased into her, slowly and cautiously, kissing and caressing every piece of skin he could reach. His thrusts, slow and languid at first, sped up slightly, but kept at an even, intermediate speed, relishing in her being around him.

The sex was just that, sex. It was nothing more and nothing less to either of them. It wasn’t pity sex, it was closure sex. A way for the both of them to let out every feeling of hurt, anger, angst and helplessness. No strings attached, one time deal.

Except it wasn’t a one time deal. This was there second time together and both of them knew this.

The sudden feeling of frustration, at not being close enough to Grace surprised him. Normally, during mindless sex he didn’t care how close, or how far away the girl was, just as long as he got laid. With Grace however, it was different. He wanted to protect her, to please her, make sure she got as much enjoyment out of this as he was. So much so that he put all his effort into making her climax so intense, so powerful.

Both spent and tired, Brian rolled off of her and pulled her close to him.

“I mean what I said, Brian.”

“What’s that?”

“I really do love you.”

“I know.”

***

The next day, everyone was up bright, early and refreshed looking forward to their walk in the mountains, if they were a girl, or getting down to some serious writing, if they were a guy.

“Wave bye to daddy!” Val was trying to coach an unruly Dylan into waving goodbye to his father as he left the cabin with his mother. Everyone knew it wasn’t going to happen. He was like his father, stubborn. The girls left and the boys pounced.

“What were you and Gracie up to last night, hmm?” Matt asked with a cocky smile and raised eyebrow.

“Yeah, why’d you guys do that? Do you want a repeat of the last month?” Zacky joined in.

“I don’t know guys, I honestly don’t know. She was there, and I was there, and we both needed… comforting? It was just a release.”

“Grace knows that’s all it was, right?” Jimmy asked.

“Yeah.”

“Look, Brian, you should probably know. She told me she-” Zacky started talking, tuning his guitar.

“She loves me? I know, she told me down by the lake.” Brian cut him off, pulling his guitar strap over his shoulder.

“And you feel…?” Matt asked.

“I love her, but not like that, she’s my best friend.”

Matt sighed, “We were afraid of that.”