‹ Prequel: Warmness on the Soul

The Way You Look Tonight

Foundations Falter

Grace didn’t have to feel as guilty for too long, Michelle left not long after the week was out. Not before she made it clear in front of Grace that she’d call everyday and apparently knew when he lied to her.

The writing process, which seemed so long and laborious for the guys at the beginning, due to lack of inspiration and what not, was slowly drawing to a close. They had around twenty songs to work on, plus some that were being worked on independently by certain members. Such as the song hesitantly entitled, ‘Scream’ which Zacky had taken under his wing after Matt had suggested some improvements to the melody.

Zacky looked up from his guitar and shouted, “Grace, can you come here a minute.”

She waltzed through, “You hollered, dear?”

“Yeah, can you get on the piano and help me with this damn chromatic scale?” she smiled and nodded, hopping onto the stool, he told her what key it was in and she began to play. Brian was the only one out of the group who had truly heard her play music so Zack was shocked to see her fingers dance across the keys so effortlessly, a look of calm or serene on her face.

“Geez, Grace, that’s insane!” he half smirked, half laughed in awe. She smiled and thanked him, and then Zacky altered and changed what need to be done, re-wrote it and smiled, satisfied with their work.

He stopped twiddling with his guitar and turned to look at her, “I hear you two at night you know… Grace, this isn’t good for you-”

“What isn’t good for me Zack?” she snapped.

“This affair you and Brian have got going, that’s what!” he exclaimed in a harsh whisper.

“That has nothing to do with you.”

“But it does Grace, I don’t want to see my friend get more hurt than he already has been-”

Me[/] hurt him? Zacky, have you been under a rock these past few months or are you just completely oblivious to everything that goes on around you? It’s always me that gets hurt, always me who risks it all, so don’t you dare try and preach to me about Brian’s welfare, he always comes out better in the end.”

Grace didn’t realise it, but through no fault of her own she was pushing, or being pushed away by all her friends, all the relationships she had built up were crumbling around her.

The one man she truly loved was the cause of her untimely demise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, I've been on holiday and things, I didn't really like his part but it's something right?