‹ Prequel: Warmness on the Soul

The Way You Look Tonight

Thinking Time

The ride home from Big Bear was excruciating. The block of tension which had wedged itself in-between Grace and Zack was killing everyone in the car with them. Well, except for Brian.

But then was it not his fault?

Was he really that heartless?

His best friend and his lover. His lover and his best friend. Both of them best friends with each other, inseparable, and because of his greed, his want, need, or plainly his testosterone, their friendship, for the immediate future anyway, was over. Kaput, done.

There was no remorse though, he didn’t feel anything when he’d see them shooting glares at each other, didn’t care when they spat insults at each other. He was getting what he wanted wasn’t he?

Brian was glad when he dropped off Zack at his home and drove Grace back to his, Michelle wouldn’t be back from school ‘til Sunday, and today was Thursday. What Michelle didn’t know, would never hurt her.

Sex with Grace was so different from sex with Michelle. The roles to him felt reversed, with his girlfriend, Michelle, sex was wild and out of control, but even though he and Grace had the same night once in a while, sex with Grace to Brian so more like ‘making love’. However cliché that sounded in his head. Everything was so much more sensual, beautiful and fulfilling. He preferred it that way.

She lay there, in his arms, drifting off into a peaceful slumber and he thought to himself, “I love you,” but knew it was irrational. Things with Grace would never, could never be anything more, or could it?

What was it that was stopping him from being with her, putting them both out of their misery?

He didn’t know, but he couldn’t see himself taking her to award shows. Grace was very beautiful, but she was more outspoken than Michelle. Michelle, he realised, was more of a convenience girlfriend. Someone he could trust to be on his arm and look pretty, make him[/I[] look good.

But was it what his heart truly wanted?