‹ Prequel: Warmness on the Soul

The Way You Look Tonight

Back On The Horse

“Where you going, foxy lady?” Jenny asked Grace, with a smirk, upon following the noise of flying clothes and dropped cosmetics.

I have a date.” Grace half smiled have grimaced, she hadn’t been on the dating seen in a long time.

“Good for you, hun, getting back on the horse after the whole Brian scenario I see.”

“Yeah… I figured it was time, besides this guy’s cute.” Why did she have to bring Brian into the equation?

“What was his name again, Carl, Bob?”

“Brian,” Grace corrected.

“Oh this isn’t going to turn out good,” Jenny said under her breath., shaking her head slightly.

“You say something, Jenny?”

“What? Uh, no, want me to help with your hair?”
***

Grace left for the restaurant around quarter to seven, walking as it was only just up the road from where she was living. God did she love living in the centre of everything!

The restaurant was beautiful, the period themed décor was striking in it’s ornate detail. It would have been out of place in the centre of any town besides Edinburgh. Her date went well, and the restaurant didn’t disappoint, the food (of which Grace ordered a Cesar salad, crab for her main course; that’s the craving for seafood sufficed! And cheesecake at Brian’s push for desert.) was amazing. He even walked her the short distance home and didn’t try anything, for which Grace was thankful for.

Throughout the night they got to know each other better Grace found out that he owned a good few of Edinburgh and Glasgow’s live alternative music venues. Grace thought he was a pretty interesting guy, and told her cousin as much when she got home. But why did she always pick someone in the music business, granted that this Brian was linked pretty loosely with the dark underbelly that she’d seen when hanging with her boys.

She liked where it was heading with this guy. He was genuine. Grace liked him so much she volunteered working the merch booth at the Carling Academy in Glasgow when he was down on a pair of hands.

Getting paid to see bands perform? Is there a better job?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, horrible filler, but I thought I'd post it seeing as school's about to start along with my Highers so I won't be updating as much :(