‹ Prequel: Warmness on the Soul

The Way You Look Tonight

The Beach

“He did what now?” Gena asked Grace as Zack pulled the car into a parking space near the beach, the guys were having a barbeque, a kind of ‘Welcome Home From Tour’ thing - any excuse.

“So he got down on one knee?” Zack asked, as Gena snorted. Grace chuckled slightly.

“He’s got balls, I’ll give him that,” Gena joined in on the chuckling. “I never knew he was that serious about you, I thought he just enjoyed the sex.”

“You and me both,” Grace agreed, “But, what’s to say he didn’t just do it for the sex. I mean it doesn’t matter, I declined, but it did make me wonder.”

They climbed out Zack’s car, Grace grabbing Zack’s surfboard, Zack the cooler, and Gena the towels and beach umbrella, and they walked towards the noise of their friends on the beach.

“Grace!” Leana, Lacey and Val exclaimed, running over to greet her. Matt handed her a beer, Dylan on his hip with a big sun hat on and ice lolly in his grasp, a smile on his face, and inherited dimples visible.

“You coming in that water, Grace?” Val asked, stripping down to her bikini.

“Yeah, give me a sec, I need to get my shit together first,” she laughed, and took off her denim mini and footless tights. She set out her towel, and left her beer on the table under the umbrella beside her. She started to apply sun lotion, then realised she need to get her back and began twisting this way and that, “Jimmy-?” she began, but Papa Gates got over first.

“I’ll get it,” he said, taking the bottle from her.

“Oh, thanks, Brian.” she smiled.

“Grace, my son told me what he did-”

“Papa, can we not?”

“Just here me out.” she didn’t respond so he continued, “He’s a jackass. I know. He should never have put you in that position, and I’m apologising on behalf of him, it was fucking stupid.”

“Well, I didn’t expect that,” Grace laughed, putting her sunglasses on her head.

“He can be full of wisdom sometimes,” Suzye said, appearing out of nowhere with McKenna.

“So it seems. Hey McKenna!” she smiled giving the teenager a hug, “Are Brian and Michelle coming along today?” she asked Brian Sr.

“Yes, yes, they should be here soon actually.”

“Cool, I’m going to go for a swim I think, join Val. I’ll speak to you soon, yeah?” Grace walked towards the ocean as the guys started the barbeque

And then he appeared. Wearing nothing but board shorts and his trademark smirk. One arm around his surfboard, the other around Michelle. Grace smiled ruefully to herself, “If only she knew. She wouldn’t look so smug, that’s for sure.”

“Grace! Game of volleyball?” Leana asked, hitting the ball towards her.

“Sure.” Grace smiled, and they started to play.

Before long, the food started to cook and the guys and girls decided it would be a good idea to get out of the water and get dried off before dinner.

“What you doin’?” Val asked Michelle, bounding over, with a towel wrapped around her and sunglasses firmly in place.

“I’m playing with my nephew,” Michelle smiled, showing off the sandcastle they’d built.

“Well done, baby!” Val, looking proud as could be, picked up her son, and blew a raspberry on his cheek, being a mom suited her.

Brian waltzed over, wrapping his arm round Michelle, he placed a kiss on her cheek and guided her off towards the food.

Grace sighed, “Is he trying to parade it in front of me? Show me what I’m missing?” she almost laughed. Val shrugged and walked with Grace up the beach towards the food.
♠ ♠ ♠
The original chapter is a lot longer than I'd like it to be, I might post the next bit tonight, I'm not sure though.

If anyone's interest, I've opened a photobucket for this story, that I'm in the middle of adding to. It has ensembles, importants objects, stuff like that, so yeah, check it out, as I know some people find things hard to see when described, or I simply haven't described it throughout the chapter.

Once you click on the an album, the password is: gracie.

Click!