‹ Prequel: Warmness on the Soul

The Way You Look Tonight

News!

“So are you two together?” Val asked, as her, Grace and Gena watched their significant others playing with Dylan on the swings.

She shook her head, “No, we’re taking things slow this time, doing it the right way.”

“No sex?” Gena asked, mouth wide.

They laughed, “Yep, no sex.”

“Just how will you survive?” Gena asked laughing again.

“It’s not her we should be worrying about, think how pissy Brian will be!” Val laughed some more, Grace joined in.

“You think I’m doing the right thing, guys?”

“What are you talking about, Gracie? You’re both crazy for each other, anyone can see that. Maybe, taking things slow, and doing the whole ‘dating thing’ is what you should have done from the start.”

“Yeah, you’re right.”

“So, where’s he taking you?” Gena asked.

“He hasn’t said, he said ‘semi-formal and comfortable shoes’ I think we’re going along the beach at some point.”

“Knowing Brian-”

“What do you know about Brian?” He asked, the boys walking up to their bench. He bent down and placed a kiss against Grace’s cheek, he’d been very attentive since the night at the beach and Grace definitely wasn’t complaining.

“Oh, I know a lot more about you than I’d like, Mr Gates.” Gena laughed, standing up as did the rest of the group, walking to their cars. Grace stood beside hers, Brian standing beside her, as they’d drove themselves to the park.

He leant towards her, “I’ll see you tonight.” he smiled, pressing his lips to hers, caressing her cheek with his calloused fingers, she smiled also, letting out the breath she didn’t know she had been holding.

“Aw, look how cute they are!” Zacky cooed, as Gena shushed him and everyone else laughed.
***

Grace ran down the stairs, a towel wrapped around her body, hair still sopping wet and opened the front door. There stood Gena, Leana and Val (with a screaming Dylan in tow) the first two carrying traincases. Grace looked at them expectantly, “We figured, in all our girly wisdom, that you might like some help.” Leana smiled, pushing past Grace into the house.

“You know, I’ve never actually been in here.” Gena said putting her traincase at her feet and taking in the living room of Grace’s house.

“Me neither,” Leana agreed, brushing her fingers along the keys of Grace’s baby grand, “You play?”

Val scoffed, “Play? Grace doesn’t play piano, she kills the goddamn thing. Leana, Brian always gushes - has your head been under a rock-”

“Woah there, mama, someone’s hormonal!” Leana countered, laughing slightly.

“Well, I’m allowed to be,” Val said looking down at her son, who’d calmed down considerably, “Matt and I have some news. We were going to wait until everyone’s together, but it looks like I’m going to be a moody cow the whole day.” Everyone looked at her expectantly, eyes twinkling, “I’m pregnant.” a round of loud congratulations was given.

“When are you due?” Grace asked, guiding them upstairs to her bedroom to get ready.

“October, I’m three months gone,” she gushed, laying Dylan down for his nap on Grace’s bed, “Right lady, lets get you ready for your hot date!” the girls did an odd sort of cheer and pounced.