Sequel: Cruel Fate
Status: COMPLETE :D Read Sequel!!

Dependent on Life.

Broken.

Jasmine had been in a coma for eight days and the doctors were beginning to think she wouldn’t wake.
Jimmy was a wreck, he wouldn’t eat, he wouldn’t sleep, he wouldn’t even move from Jasmines side. He didn’t cry or make a sound, sometimes you couldn’t even tell if he was breathing; he just stared at his little girl and waited. Waited for her to wake from her slumber.

Brian was worried about Jasmine and Jimmy, he had to sit and watch his best friend use all his energy and watch his niece lay there in a coma thinking about how she went to the extent of hurting herself when he told her not to.
Matt was still blaming himself for not thinking of going to beach first.
Johnny and Zacky regret not being able to see that Jasmine was as broken as she is, like Brian and Matt they have to stand by and watch Jimmy use all his energy to wait for Jasmine to wake.

The eighth day, Jimmy still had hope he had hope that Jasmine would wake, all the doctors had just about given up. Jimmy thought he was the only one that believed Jasmine would wake and that’s why he refused to leave her side in fear that if he left even for a split second that she would go flat line or wake up thinking he had just left her, Jimmy moved in the chair to get comfortable but not too comfortable knowing if he did he’d fall asleep, he had been surviving on coffee and water. And nothing but those two things. He taught himself not to be hungry, not to fall asleep and even not to speak.

Brian had walked in and found Jimmy drinking yet another cup of coffee that Johnny had most probably gotten him, shaking his head Brian put his hand on Jimmy’s shoulder thinking he’d look up but he didn't, he just sat there staring at Jasmine like he didn't even notice Brian’s presences.

‘Jimmy you have to eat something.’ Brian put the sandwich on the bedside table. ‘Jasmine wouldn’t want you to do this to yourself, it would hurt her if she knew...’ He felt Jimmy flinch when he spoke those words but Jimmy just frowned and turned his head to look away from Jasmine for the first time he had been in that room, Brian knew Jimmy was trying to hold in his tears and he knew he was trying to stay strong but after eight days Jimmy couldn’t do it anymore, he had to cry.

Jimmy was hurt to know that Jasmine had hurt herself for whatever reason. He was hurt but most of all scared to death because he didn’t know what to do.

His tears fell and he knew Brian would try and comfort him, although Jimmy thought comfort was nice he just wanted to see his little girl awake, he wanted to see her smile and laugh, he wanted to hear the slight lisp she had when she spoke and most of all he wanted to hold her in his arms...

‘Why won’t she wake..Why did this have to happen to her? She has already been through so much and now this! It’s not fair Brian it’s not fair!’ Jimmy cried out leaning on his knees and put his head into his hands and cried for the first time in eight days, he had spoken and cried, Brian was glad he was there to help his best friend because if he wasn’t there he doesn’t know how Jimmy would cope.

‘I know Jim, I know.’ Brain pulled the gentle giant into his arms as he cried, for Brian seeing Jimmy cry was hard because he hardly ever cried not until all recently when all this started, when Jimmy found out he had a daughter. Brian and the others could tell Jimmy was blaming himself for everything had has happened to Jasmine, he was even blaming himself for Talaya, leaving him and passing away when neither was his fault.

Matt walked into the room with Val at his side and behind them Zacky and Johnny with Jimmy’s daily cups of coffee, but they all froze when they heard the cries of Jimmy fill the room, Valary had come to a complete stop when she set her eyes on Jasmine, she looked just like Jimmy but also just like her friend Mariah-Talaya, at first she thought she was seeing Mariah in that bed but she blinked focusing her vision to see the young girl Matt had told her about a few days ago.

‘It’s not fair, IT’S JUST NOT FUCKING FAIR!’ Jimmy was now screaming, Zacky had shut the door after the doctors were giving them suspicious looks and Val had taken a few steps towards Jimmy, he looked up at her his eyes as red and blood shot as ever and he had bags under his eyes they were even turning black, Val kneeled down in front knowing his was too weak to stand she wrapped her arms around him and Jimmy pulled her closer as he cried.

‘Sh, Jimmy it’s okay, things will get better.’ Val whispered in his ear.
Like Jasmine, Jimmy thought to himself how does she know it will? He didn’t say anything though because he knew that Val was only trying to calm him down. After a while Jimmy’s eyes had dried and he was done crying, Val was still holding Jimmy though rocking him back and forth as his eyes began to flutter shut and he didn’t fight it, this time he let them close as he fell into a sleep.

Matt and Brian picked up Jimmy laying him in the recliner right next to Jasmine’s bed and Val put a pillow under his head and blanket over his body.

I was worried for Jimmy, looking at his skin it was pale, his eyes were red and had bags underneath them, he could barely move on his own and I knew he hadn’t eaten anything within days.

‘Come on let’s leave him to rest..’ I said pulling everyone out of the room but Zacky just stood there looking at Jasmine. ‘Zack?’
‘I want to stay...please.’ He wasn’t asking, he was telling me he was staying and I didn’t tell him otherwise. I stepped out holding Matt’s hand and Johnny and Brian had followed us we sat outside the room on the chairs, I began to think of Mariah and how it all started.

”Mariah what do you mean you have to go?”
“I-I just have to go okay!”
“Why!” I grabbed her arm causing her to stop and look at me, her eyes filled with tears and she hardly ever cried so I stood back when I saw those tears.
“Jimmy..h-he doesn’t want me.” She whispered.
“What...?”
“JIMMY CHEATED ON ME WITH JENNY! I JUST SAW THEM SUCKING EACH OTHERS FACES!” She shouted and basically everything in the room heard and looked at us. “What you’ve never seen a girl cry before?!” with that everyone turned away and went back to what they were doing and then I saw Jimmy come around the corner with a pissed off expression written all over his face.

“Did you think that maybe she went onto him?” I said making her look at Jimmy who was coming towards us with Jenny following behind him. Jimmy stood right next to me looking at Mariah and she just turned on her heels and walked outside, Jimmy and myself followed her and I heard Jenny’s laugh roar as she followed too, we were now also joined by the guys.

“Talaya where are you going?” Jimmy said reaching out for her hand but she pulled away.
“I’m going home have fun with your whore!” She began walking again and Jenny wrapped herself around Jimmy and he pushed her off running after Mariah.
“Talaya wait please you don’t understand!”
“Fuck off!”
“Baby it wasn’t what it looked like! She came onto me! Babe stop, just stop and listen to me please!” Jimmy pulled Mariah to a stop and she looked up to him with hate in her eyes. Jenny again went up to Jimmy and wrapped her arms around him and he pushed her even harder causing her to fall backwards but Brian caught her just in time, she hit Brian in the balls and lunged at Jimmy hitting him with force. Jenny wasn’t drunk she was just trying to cause trouble like always and I believed Jimmy when he said that Jenny went onto him, she has been trying for months to get onto him but he paid no attention to her so why would he start now?

“GET THE FUCK OFF HIM JENNY!” I roared grabbing her hair and throwing her backwards and she pounced for me but Mariah tackled her while she was in mid air and started to lay into her, I helped Jimmy to his feet and he tried to rush over to help but I knew Mariah would punch him if he tried to stop her so I held him back while Matt and Zacky tried to pry the two apart, Johnny was helping Brian to his feet when a crowd started to form and of course Jenny’s boy friend Tyler had to come and see what was going on.

He saw his girlfriend being smashed by Mariah and threw Mariah off of her and she hit the ground hard, this aggravated Jimmy a lot and he pushed me aside and jumped on Tyler, it was a mistake on both of their parts because now there were two fights going on and there was about to be a third. Tyler’s mates decided they were going to join in try to gang up on Jimmy but Matt and Brian didn’t let it happen, next thing I know everyone is throwing punches.

“MARIAH!” I Screamed jumping out to push Mariah out of the way before Jenny drove the knife through her stomach but instead got me, I didn’t notice that she had gotten me until Mariah scream causing everyone to stop and look.

I pulled the knife from my stomach and pressed my hand to stopped the blood but I couldn’t. I looked over at Matt who had pushed his way past people, Mariah had given one punch to Jenny who stared at me in shock and she was out of it. My knees went weak, I shut my eyes and fell but I didn’t hit the ground, opening my eyes again I fell into Matt’s arms and saw my sister Michelle come running towards me after that everything became a blur and I woke up in the hospital.


That’s where it all started, where the drama followed their relationship and ripped them apart, if only that night had gone differently than maybe everything else that happened for the following four months would have gone different too and Mariah would still be here...it broke them, made them angry and made them begin to hate each other that night. That night had broken us all but most of all broken Jimmy and Mariah.

‘Val?’ Matt’s voice whispered.
‘Hm?’
‘You okay?’ He asked pulling me into his lap.
‘I miss Mariah...I’m worried about Jimmy and I can’t help back think of that night it all happened Matt, does jasmine know? Does she know what really happened?’ I tried to hold back my tears.
‘No babe, she doesn’t..but I think Jimmy is the one that has to tell her...don’t cry baby it’s okay Mariah is always with us remember..’ Matt rubbed my back.

‘I could have stopped her that night, I could have but I didn’t and it’s all my fault. Now Jimmy he’s broken, so is Jasmine why do things have to be so hard on them? On all of us? Why can’t Jimmy just be happy for once? And why aren’t those fucking doctors doing anything to get Jasmine to wake up! Why the fuck have they given up?!’ I cried with venom dripping from my last words. Matt didn’t say anything because he didn’t know what to say he just held me tighter as Brian and Johnny looked at my with sympathetic eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took me a while because I kept changing a lot of things..I hope this is alright.. :S
So I thought it would be good to have Val and Michelle in the story..hm.

Thank you to those who commented.
The wall of awesomeness..
Hell's.Angel
Shadow14
KillJoySynner
fienix66613

(:

Sarah-Elizabeth x