Sequel: Cruel Fate
Status: COMPLETE :D Read Sequel!!

Dependent on Life.

Nothing against you.

Jasmine was bored, double English was dragging on for her and she just wanted to eat she hadn’t eaten since lunch yesterday and she was starting to feel sick to her stomach. Every time she thought of food she wanted to throw up, but she knew she needed to eat.

‘So class I’ve paired you up for an assignment and I don’t want complaints about who I’ve paired you with.’ The English teacher describe what they would be doing, it was a project on “What makes you different?” Jasmine wasn’t really up for it but she then heard the words “You will get an A+ for this assignment the only way to fail is if you do nothing.”

‘Jasmine, you are with Amie, Lucas you are with..Melanie.’ The teacher said. ‘Now I would like you to pair up and discuss what you will be doing for today’s lesson this is due in two weeks, any questions? No okay good get to work.’

Jasmine mentally groaned in annoyance, she thought this would be the worst project to work on with Amie, she was surely going to make her do the whole thing otherwise she would beat her up, or tease Jasmine for the rest of her high school life.

Amie sat down next to Jasmine and she smiled a little but her smile went away when Amie saw the state Jasmine was in.
‘Jasmine are you okay?’ Amie was curious as to why Jasmine had a black eye and a busted lip with dry blood.

‘Why do you care Amie?’ Jasmine was also curious, as to why Amie was being so nice to her when Jasmine thought Amie hated her. ‘I thought you hate me?’

‘What! No way, I-I..just because I was mean to you doesn’t mean I hate you..I just..’
‘It’s natural to pick on the new girl I get it..so why the change of heart?’

‘Look I’m really sorry about the way we met, I know sorry won’t change the fact I threw you up against the wall and strangled you, and I deserved what I got the other day...but I’ll do anything until you forgive me because I feel horrible for what I did and said to you..So if there is anything I can do let me know please?’ Amie was being truthful about everything she was saying, she knew sorry wouldn’t cut it she knew she couldn’t take back time but she was willing to do anything until Jasmine was going to forgive her.

‘Amie...why do you want to be friends with me?’ Jasmine raised her eyebrow and pretended to come up ideas as the teacher walked around the class room.
‘Because I judged too quickly, I’ll honest with you Jasmine I was jealous of the friendship you and Lucas have, because well I still like him very much so I-I thought..you and him were you know..together.’ Amie leaned in and whispered.

‘HA!’ Jasmine laughed all too loudly and the whole class looked at her. ‘Sorry just figured out what were going to do.’ She said turning away.
‘Wow she’s a freak.’ Melanie “the Red head” said.
Amie snapped her head to look at Melanie, she noticed the look on Lucas’s face he was trying so hard to keep his mouth shut.

‘Melanie, shut your god damn mouth! If I hear another word about Jasmine come out of your mouth I’ll rearrange your face!’
‘Why are you sticking up for her Amie?’ Melanie spat flicking her hair.

‘It’s called growing up, you should try it sometime.’ Amie spat turning around and grabbing her books out of her bag and writing some ideas into her book, Jasmine sat there in shock.
Did that really just happen?..why would she ruin her reputation like that?
‘Me and Lucas, we ..we aren’t together so you have nothing to worry about Amie.’

I wish we were though.

‘I’m sorry again, c-can we start fresh?’ Amie pushed her blond hair behind her ears.
Jasmine thought about it, why would Amie the popular cheerleader want to be friends with a newbie? Is this like a repeat of history? Jenny Miles somehow ruining Jasmines life away even if she isn’t there?

Maybe being friends with her would do me some good, I mean I don’t have any friends beside Lucas and I need some else to talk to about stuff that I could never even tell Lucas...Fuck it you only live once.

‘Yeah, I’d like that Amie.’ Jasmine smiled her best smile and Amie extended her hand and Jasmine gripped it in hers.
‘Amie, Amie Moore.’
‘Jasmine, Jasmine Sullivan.’ She felt happy at that moment, something had actually gone her way.

The rest of the lesson, Jasmine and Amie came up with ideas and talked as if they had been best friends since birth, Amie really wanted to be friends with someone other than cheerleaders and jocks she wanted someone who understood who Amie was as a person even if they were a part of different clicks.

Jasmine was happy she made the decision to be friend with Amie because she could connect, Jasmine had found out Amie grew up without a father and her mother was an alcoholic but Amie has three brother so she didn’t really feel empty because of her father, Amie said she was lucky to have them a part of her life because they helped her when she needed the help.

It was lunch and Jasmine had forgotten her lunch money and didn’t have anything in her bag, she was sitting by herself Lucas was coming around the corner when Amie had just sat down with Jasmine, Lucas was completely confused he thought Jasmine and Amie had a certain dislike for each other. Lucas walked closer and sat down to the pair giggling.

‘Oh hey Lucas, Amie’s joining us for lunch I hope that’s okay?’ Jasmine smiled but weakly, she still hadn’t eaten anything and with each minute that passed she was growing weaker.
‘y-yeah..just what’s..Jasmine are you alright you look pretty pale?’
‘Yeah ..just uh haven’t eaten that’s all I forgot my lunch money..’

‘Oh you can have some of my food, I’m not all that hungry and I don’t want you passing out or anything and no if, buts or maybes your going to eat something Jasmine.’ Amie smiled pushing her tray closer to Jasmine and she grabbed some fries from the tray and began eating.
‘So Amie why aren’t you hanging with Melanie and them anymore?’ Lucas said with attitude.
‘Oh their not my friends anymore, I don’t need them.’ Amie shrugged like it was nothing and Jasmine choked on her chips.

‘That’s not because of me is it?’ Jasmine frowned she didn’t mean for Amie to give up her reputation as a popular cheerleader.
‘No silly, they weren’t real friends...besides I’m quitting cheerleading soon I was only ever doing it for my mom.’ Amie shrugged like it was nothing. ‘Unless you guys don’t want me to sit with you.’
‘I don’t mind’ Jasmine smiled genuinely.

‘I do.’ Lucas muttered under his breath but Amie heard it but pushed it aside.
‘So! Tomorrow, Xavier’s big party you two coming?’ Amie clapped she loved parties, not the drinking or smoking just the dancing and talking to other people.
‘I’m not sure, I don’t have anything to wear...’

‘I thought you said you weren’t going? You made it pretty clear yesterday you didn’t want to come and now all of a sudden you change your mind?’ Lucas huffed out angry, he thought Amie was bad news, that Amie had something up her sleeve. But to Amie she just wanted real friends, she didn’t have any plan she just wanted to belong.

‘I changed my mind last night, I spoke to my dad and he said I could go what’s the big deal Lu?’
‘Don’t call me that, you know what...don’t even talk to me Jasmine, j-just ...stay away from me.’ Lucas looked down at the ground, he stood from his seat and walked away.

Jasmine sat there confused her mouth agape, she was in shock Lucas had never spoken to her that way he had never said anything bad to Jasmine ever so of course she would be in some sort of shock she didn’t understand what she did wrong.

‘Did..I do something?’ Jasmine sighed.
‘No sweetie! Look I-I’ll go talk to him you stay here and don’t worry about a thing okay, I’ll fix it.’ Amie smiled and ran after Lucas he was shoving things into his locker furiously, the thought of Amie clear in his head he dropped one of his books and Amie caught it just before it hit the ground, normally in these situation she would kill to talk to Lucas and she’d go all smiley and giggly but she cared more about friends than she cared about her feelings for Lucas at that moment.

‘Lucas, what’s wrong why are you mad at her?’
Lucas slammed his locker. ‘Because you..you..You just walk into her life like nothing has happened and you two become best friends and shit, how? Do you understand how long it has taken for me to get her to smile, to laugh but you..heh you walk in and she acts as if nothing has ever happened to her, like you care about her when I know you don’t Amie.’

‘You don’t know that Lucas..You knew me, you don’t know me, Yeah okay we have only been friends for a couple of hours but I do care for her because I can tell she is broken, I’m not an idiot, I can also tell you are pushing her away and I don’t know why but I’ll figure it out Lucas so don’t you dare hurt her because you will have to go through me first.’

Amie pointed her finger at him. ‘She is coming tomorrow, don’t ruin the great friendship you guys have because it will be impossible to get it back, so get your head out of your ass and grow a pair because if you break that girls heart I’ll break your face.’ Amie pressed her finger into his chest and turned to walk away but stop and said over her shoulder.

‘Get over your problem with me Lucas, I've got nothing against you so why do you have something against me? what happened with us is in the past...and it’s going to stay there, If you don’t like me that’s fine but don’t you dare bring Jasmine into this.’ Amie held her head high and walked away back to the cafeteria where Jasmine sat eating more fries one by one, Amie sat down with a small smile.

‘I spoke to him, he is having some problems with Melanie she said something about him and he got mad he didn’t mean to say what he said Jasmine, so how about we go shopping tonight get you a hot outfit! That’s of course if you want to go..’

‘Yeah! I’d love to! I’ve been shopping for a party before!’
‘Great! Hm what time should we meet up?’ Amie thought about what time she would be available.
‘Well if you want you can come over mine after school my dad can pick us up..oh but he kind of knows about the whole..letter and strangling thing so he might a bit protective at first so in advance I apologize for that.’ Jasmine bit on the last French fry and looked at Amie she didn’t seem one bit phased.

‘Jasmine, what I did was wrong..so of course your dad’s going to be a bit like what the hell is my daughter hanging out with the girl that practically choked her, well I’ll try all I can to let your dad know that I’m not going to hurt you or betray you...I’d do anything for friendship, I’d give up anything to have real friends.’ Amie smiled brightly.

The two spoke more throughout their lunch break and even in class they hadn’t realized that they had class together every class, they spoke about their families and experiences (none of that bad stuff though) Jasmine texted her Jimmy and told him he was going to meet Amie but it was for a good reason, he was sceptical at first but allowed it because he knew Jasmine needed to make friends with people and he wasn’t going to tell her who she could and couldn’t be friends with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh my beautiful commentors you'll are amazing, thank you very much to the commentors:
Shadow14 (there is more Jenny bashing to come ;)
fienix66613
kayleeLAUREN (I'm glad you like it! I hope it is enjoyable reading!)
PonZiAndFan
fiction; (I laughed so hard at your comment! honestly I was laughing for about 2 or 3 minutes!)
Star Angel

^ ^ ^ ^ They are the reason I update!
but I think its safe to say no one likes Jenny Miles huh?
AND JUST TO CLEAR THIS UP. Amie is not going to betray Jasmine, it's not some fake act or anything. Oh and Amie is added to character profile check it out (: