Sequel: Cruel Fate
Status: COMPLETE :D Read Sequel!!

Dependent on Life.

Parties always bring drama.

‘Okay so how do I look?’ Amie spun around and Jasmine nodded, she knew she didn’t have to say anything, Amie knew her outfit looked good. The party has already started, but they weren’t late...

Amie was never late, showing up an hour after the party starts was always her style she hated showing within the first hour because of the awkward greetings with people but sure enough everyone would be just about showing up now and Amie was finished getting ready, now it was Jasmine’s.

'Okay Jasmine, what are your favourite pair of jeans?' Amie said looking down at the three pairs Jasmine had chosen to wear, Jasmine point to the pair in the middle and Amie picked them up passing them to her. 'Okay now what about a shirt which one is your favourite out of...this..and this one?'

Amie held up a tan silk sleeveless t-shirt and teal silk sleeveless t-shirt, Jasmine pointed to the tan one and Amie told her to put it on ten seconds later Jasmine came out of the bathroom with the t-shirt and jeans on her hair and makeup all done, Amie looked down Jasmine still wasn't wearing shoes.

'Have you got a pair of heels?' Amie sighed already knowing the answer, Jasmine had never owned a pair of highs in her life she never had an occasion so why start?
'HEELS? I've never worn heels before Amie! What if I fall over everyone will laugh...' Jasmine huffed out.

'Oh relax! I promise wedges are the easiest pair of heels to walk in that's why I'm wearing them.' Amie smiled and handed Jasmine a pair of Wedges and she slid them on, luckily Jasmine and Amie had the same size feet otherwise Jasmine would have been walking around in vans not that either of them had a problem with that.

'Okay you're still missing something...spin around for me.' Amie put both hands on her hips and tried to figure out what Jasmine was missing she did a full 360 before Amie squealed and picked out one of Jasmine's denim vest's. 'Here try that.'

'I love this vest!' Jasmine smiled and put it on as Amie grabbed accessories and put them on Jasmine while she stood there looking at herself in the mirror, it was true when Amie had told her that she was going to make her look hot because Jasmine felt beautiful for the first time in a long long time she felt beautiful.

'And done!' Amie smiled packing away her things into her bag neatly and putting her bag on the end of Jasmines bed, Amie grabbed her phone and saw she had one message.

AMIE! When are you getting here everyone's waiting on you.


Why are you talking to me Melanie?


Uh why wouldn't I be talking to you?


Omgsh. Seriously?


Okay I have NO IDEA what you're talking about so I'm just going to pretend we didn't have this conversation, you better get here soon.


Why? HAHA! You think I'm coming to this party for you and the rest of them? You're wrong Melanie, I'm going for Jasmine, so do me a favour don't talk to me when I get there! Ciao!


Dumb bitch I swear to god. Amie thought to herself while Jasmine was trying to figure out who Amie was violently texting.

'You rea- woah! MICHELLE GET IN HERE LOOK AT THESE TWO PRETTY CHICKA'S!' Brian yelled from the door and Jasmine heard more then one pair of feet come up the stairs.

Jasmine's eyes went wide when she noticed everyone was looked at her, she started to panic thinking they wouldn't "approve" of what she was wearing and go off at Amie or tell her she had to change.

______

I honestly thought they were going to tell me to get changed, I looked back at Amie who was smiling at me and I turned back around to see dad looking at me his crystal blue eyes locked onto mine and he was smiling like a goof ball.

'Mae you look absolutely stunning!' Aunt Michelle said. 'Let me send a picture to Val..' Aunt Michelle pulled out her phone and snapped a few pictures of me and Amie together.

'So this party...are there going to be boys there?' Dad asked trying to sound cool and not protective.
'Yes dad of course boys are going to be there..' I mumbled quietly.
'Hm...what about the alcohol..?'

'Uh I dunno I've never been to a party before dad..' I shrugged, it was true I've never been to a party before so tonight was the night of "first's" for me, first time wearing heels, first time going out to a party, first time on the subject alcohol.

'There will be alcohol there Mr Sullivan.' Amie stepped in to answer dad's question.
'Do you drink Amie? And please call me Jimmy.' Dad smiled at her.
'No I don't drink...long story short I hate alcohol sir.'

'Jasmine I don't care if you drink, just no smoking please your mother wouldn't want her little girl smoking..' Dad smiled, I could tell it hurt him to say those words I could see he wasn't over my mom's death.
'Okay dad..so whose taking us?'
'Me and Brian.' Dad said jingling his keys, Amie put her phone in her pocket and I did the same walking down the stairs, Amie was right these shoes are so easy to walk in.

We got into the car and we were on our way to Xavier’s, me and Amie were talking in the back while Uncle Brian and dad were singing in the front to a song I didn’t recognize.
‘Hey dad what’s this song?’ I said leaning forward in my seat.

Both dad and Uncle Brian stopped singing and stopped the car pulling over I was confused but Amie was laughing like a maniac in her seat while I looked around confused.
‘Baby girl you’re kidding right?’ Dad raised an eyebrow at me.

‘Jimmy she doesn’t look like she’s kidding right now..I don’t think she has ever heard this song..’ Uncle Brian shook his head.
‘Oh come on Jasmine! It’s your dad’s band!’ Amie finally controlling her laughter spat it out.
‘WHAT?!’ I yelled in disbelief.

‘You know us?’
‘Are you kidding me? I love you guys! Your music is amazing! My brothers love you guys too.’
‘But you didn’t freak out when you met us in fact it was like you didn’t know us at all?’
‘Well I had two options freak out and faint, or be cool so I chose the second option.’ Amie smiled. ‘By the way this song is called “Afterlife”, your dad sings this and some other songs too quite an extraordinary voice you have Mr Sullivan.’

‘Why thank you love, but seriously call me Jimmy calling me Mr Sullivan makes me feel so old!’ Dad whined like a little kid.

‘Jimmy you’re only 28! Anyway let’s get this show on the road, I’m getting hungry and I’m sure these girls want to get to the party so drive Jimmy DRIVE!’ Uncle Brian yelled and dad laughed driving off again, I wasn’t expect him to speed off so fast and I accidently hit my head on the seat. ‘Shit Jimmy I’m not that hungry for you to make Little Jay hit her head on my seat!’

‘It’s fine, it’s fine it didn’t hurt.’ I smiled, dad looked at me in the mirror looking into his eyes I saw remorse but not because I hit my head, I couldn’t tell why he looked as though he was feeling remorse but I knew Amie saw it too she gave me a sad smile and told dad to turn left and then right. Dad and Uncle Brian gasped out loud and looked at each other.

‘Jasmine a-are you sure you want to go? I mean I can tak-’ Dad stuttered.
‘Jimmy...’ Uncle Brian said sternly.
‘Right, right..you going to be fine girls? Call me whenever you want me too I will come right away, I love baby girl be safe and remember no smoking!’ Dad tried to hide his pain, I could see it but he wasn’t fooling me because I was a master of hiding pain. ‘Be safe Amie..’ Dad smiled and Amie smiled back.

‘Thank you J-jimmy, I won’t let anything happen to Jasmine I promise.’ Amie got out of the car and waited for me.
‘Go on Little Jay, go have fun.’ Uncle Brian said opening my door for me.

‘Bye Daddy, I love you.’ I kissed his cheek and hopped out of the car hugging Uncle Brian and walking off with Amie, the music was so loud it could probably be heard from a block away, the front yard was packed with people of all social cliques the geeks, the jocks, the cheerleaders you name it everyone was there, we walked through the side gate to have the smell of cigarettes and food on the tip of my nose.

‘Amie! Amie! Wow you look smoking!’ A kid with glass and long black hair said, I took in his features he was pretty cute with his hazel brown eyes and dimpled smile.
‘Thanks Eddie you’re handsome as always!’ Amie winked hugging the tall male, she spun around with her arm around his shoulder and smiled at me. ‘Jasmine, this is Eddie my awesome best friend and Eddie this is Jasmine my newest friend!’

‘Hello there!’ Eddie smiled again confidently showing his dimples off.
‘Hey, it’s nice to meet you.’

‘You ladies want anything to drink?’ Eddie looked at us both I was a bit hesitant think about what I wanted.
‘The usual please Eddie and one for Jasmine as well.’ Amie flashed a smile and Eddie raced off with his red cup in his hand.

‘I hope you don’t mean beer?’
‘Oh god no! I don’t drink alcohol Jasmine, seeing what it does to people turns me away from it don’t worry though we aren’t the only sobers one’s my brothers are here..’

‘Oh phew..I don’t think I’m ready to be drinking..’ I admitted.

* * *

After a while of dancing and talking to Eddie and other people Amie introduce me to we were standing on one side of the pool and decided we were going to get some food.

‘Mae?’ I heard my middle name and spun around to see none other than Lucas Lismore standing there in his black skinny jeans, vans, half buttoned up green plaided t-shirt and a red cup in his hand telling me he had the plan of getting completely smashed tonight, I knew Lucas drank and so did Mandy.

‘H-Hi...’ I nodded.
‘I’m going to get something to you want anything Jasmine?’ Amie looked at Lucas with a glare in her eyes I didn’t quite understand it but let it go, I nodded and she walked away but not before looking at me with eyes that basically said “Call if you need me”

‘Wow, y-you look so beautiful Mae..’ Lucas stuttered looking only into my eyes, his words gave me butterflies sure Lucas had called me beautiful before but this was different to me I’m grown up now.
‘Thank you.’ Was all I managed to say.

‘Mae I’m really really really sorry about the other day, I-I was being a total dick! I just I thought Amie was out to hurt you but when I heard how she stuck up for you and basically told Melanie to “Shove their friendship up her ass” I knew she was being serious...I just didn’t want you to get hurt babe, I know your probably mad at me but I’m really sorry.’

‘I’m not mad at you for feeling the need to protect me Lu but you do need to apologize to Amie..’ I stepped closer to him I don’t know why but I was drawn to him very drawn.

‘You’re not drinking tonight are you?’ Lucas raised both eye brows at me.
‘Hell no, I’m ready for that stuff.’
Lucas chuckled wrapping his arm around my waist from behind ‘You’re so innocent it’s cute.’

‘Thank you?’ I was unsure whether or not that was a compliment.
‘Okay I’m back got you some pizza I didn’t know what you liked so I got three plates, if you don’t like them Eddie and Lucas here can just eat them I know their hungry.’ Amie laughed handing me the meat lovers plate and me stomach grumbled I didn’t hesitate picking up the pizza and bitting into it, the taste of it drove my taste buds wild.

‘Amie..I would uh..like to say sorry for the way I acted the other day it was wrong of me to assume something like I did, friends?’ Lucas didn’t move his hands from my waist.
‘Friends, now while you two eat I’m going to go dance with Eddie. Don’t leave her side Lucas.’ Amie put her plate down and went off with Eddie yanking her along to where everyone was dancing, I bit into another piece of the meat lovers pizza when I heard someone that made me just want to starve myself, the words that left their mouth made me feel self conscious.

‘Don’t listen to them babe their just BITCHES!’ Lucas yelled.
‘There a problem here Lucas?’ Xavier said appearing in front of me.
‘You better control your girl Melanie otherwise I’ll tell Amie what she just said.’ Lucas spat, I spun around in his arms and put my hands to his bare chest that his shirt was allowing me to see.

‘Lu it’s alright don’t worry about it really.’
‘No it’s not, I’m serious Xavier you said Melanie would not come near me, Jasmine or Amie so tell her to shut her bitchy little mouth.’ I looked into Lucas’s eyes they were full of anger, his was being protective of me again and this was why I was falling for him no matter who it was he was always protecting me.

‘You deal with her man I’m not starting a fight I just came to see how Jasmine’s doing.’ Xavier spat back. ‘Jasmine how are you?’ I could hear the fake care in his voice dripping from his lips, I could see it in his body language he was just fucking around with me, he didn’t really care he just wanted to get a kick out of messing with me.

‘What’s it to you? You don’t really care how I feel, you’re just trying to put up your social status up so people don’t think your an asshole and just in it for popularity when you and I both know all you want is attention so go off and flirt with girls and talk to your friends about how lame you think the rest of us are, but do me a favour Don’t talk to me again.’ I growled and Xavier looked as if was about to jump at me when Amie and Eddie showed up.

‘Oh looks like someone’s pmsing!’ Eddie teased and Xavier snapped his head towards Eddie and was right in his face back Amie pushed him backwards and he fell into the pool, everyone irrupted into laughter as Xavier turned a new shade of red getting out of the pool and stomping away everyone was clapping at Amie and Me, all but one. Melanie.

She strutted her way over to us and Lucas unwrapped his arms from my waist and stood in front of me, I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out to see a text from Amie.

Move away from Lucas I know what she is going to do next, I’m going to hit this bitch.


I shoved my phone back into my pocket and stepped away from Lucas, Melanie saw me moving and kept her eyes on me but moving herself towards Lucas he didn’t know what she was doing at first until she grabbed his face and kissed him all the while looking at me, either she was really drunk or really jealous.

He pushed her away and spat at her feet.
The next thing I knew I was being held by Eddie and Amie was bashing the shit out of Melanie who barely had any chance to fight back, a crowd started to gather and people were cheering on Amie as she pummelled Melanie, Lucas and few other guys stopped the fight and Melanie looked like a mess her hair was everywhere, clothes ripped bleeding from her mouth, swollen cheek and already purple eye.

I tried to contain my laughter but I couldn’t help it I laughed and so did Eddie, Lucas and Amie most of the other people laughed as well but the “friends” of Melanie didn’t they all sent glares to Amie and myself but Amie she stuck her fingers up and walked away.
‘Damn sugar I haven’t seen a fight like that in a while did think you were the fighting type.’ Eddie said pulling Amie into his arms.

‘Yeah well that bitch got what she deserved!’ Amie yelled over her shoulder at no one in particular.
‘Wow calm down there tiger! But then again thanks for kicking her ass god I feel so dirty now that she kissed agh! I feel like eating a bar of soup!’ Lucas whined like a little kid and I giggled.

‘So you want to go home Jasmine? I don’t think they want us here much longer..’ Amie devilishly.
‘Yeah I’ll just call my dad..what about you guys what are you going to do?’ I looked at both Eddie and Lucas.

‘Well Lucas is coming back to my place and we are going to have a COD session!’ Eddie puffed out his chest. ‘It’s what men do!’

Me and Amie rolled our eyes and laughed as we all walked away from the loud music and groups of people, I pulled out my phone and dialled my dad’s number he didn’t pick up the first time I called so I called again it took about four times before he picked up.

H-ello?


Dad? You weren’t asleep were you?


Hey! Baby girl I was j-just taking a nap.


Could you come pick us up? If not we’ll walk.


No way in hell are you walking Little Jay!
I recognized the voice as Uncle Brian.

Uncle Brian?


THAT’S ME! Jimmy fell asleep on the couch he has been waiting for you to call but fell asleep after a while I told him I’d pick you up but he said “I can’t disappoint my little girl” and I was all like aw that’s cute but go to sleep and he was like but BRIAN! Like a little fucking kid I felt like I was a parent or something! Anyway! I will be there in 10 minutes!


Okay then see you soon!


‘Brian? I thought you were calling your dad?’ Lucas gave me a puzzled look.
‘I did call my dad he fell asleep waiting for me to call and is still tired so Uncle Brian is picking us up.’ I explained.
‘Oh! Makes sense!’ They all said in unison.

Uncle Brian got here in no time and even gave Lucas and Eddie a lift, we told uncle Brian what happened at the party and at first he looked totally shocked and worried but then laughed when I told him Amie kicked Melanie’s ass, even if there was a fight I still had an amazing night and I don’t regret a thing.

When we got home me and Amie went upstairs and got change and hopped into bed, we spoke all night about things, good things, bad things our pasts and funny things.

Amie was really a nice girl, she was just so misunderstood, people put her as this bitchy cheerleader when really she was one of the kindest most funniest girls you could meet, I could see my friendship growing with her.

The only concern was...we both had one thing in common that could possibly destroy everything. Our liking for Lucas Lismore
♠ ♠ ♠
So I apologize if its crap, it's 2:52am and I also apologize if a sentence doesn't make sense or words are misspelled I'm really tired but had to get this up!.

To:
Shadow14 - LOL !!! Well I guess you'll like a little bit of Melanie ass kicking then?
Vampire vengeance - I'm glad you like it! :D
fiction; - I like the idea of Jenny being pushed into a hole with deathbats...you are a genius!
PonZiAndFan - I promise you Amie is trust worthy! It's Xavier who isn't.
Star Angel - More Jenny ass kicking coming soon!

Anyway on to the authors note! seeing as it is Christmas eve for me and Christmas tomorrow I won't be posting.. I don't know when I will be posting again because I go on holidays soon and will have no internet but I will have something written. Merry Christmas to all! And may your days be filled with joy!

Sarah-Elizabeth x